Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Blaise330 posted:

Ali is a former cop, I'm sure Mark Henry can talk him into saying something to make the company look good.

Ali quit being a cop to become a Pro Wrestler, ipso facto he's less of a cop than Ricochet, who quit being a Pro Wrestler to be a Cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gotta love when the stable evoking the rage and pain of post-Vietnam veterans toward the US government that sent them to kill and die for nothing but lies is sucking off the United States President.

gently caress off back to Impact Gunner.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ad by Khad posted:

Vietnam occurred before Gunner was born, I think you've put more thought into his gimmick than he has

Yeah but I assume the people who made the gimmick for him put some thought into it.

Down Right Fierce posted:

There is NO WAY that they would push someone who supported WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump.

I mean you say this but look at Lashley's "push," since he came back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Golden Bee posted:

"The show ended with Bobby Lashley putting Drew into a Full Nelson."

Is it 1956?

I think you'll find that the Queen of England endorsed the Warlord in his match against the British Bulldog for his use of Lord Horatio Nelson's favored hold in the Year Of Our Lord 1991. :colbert:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

You know, this hilarity has me thinking about how I've perceived an ACTIVE effort on WWE's part to avoid politics since Trump was elected, at least visibly. In the past WWE's never been scared to flaunt its purported Americana status, but they've been VERY ginger about anything even remotely political since 2016 IMO. Even during the Saudi stuff NOBODY said anything publicly or did much of anything to make their feelings/stance clear, even when they were taking overt action like Bryan staying home or Ali donating his pay.

And now Gunner just decides completely randomly one night to expose his MAGA to the loving world, for no reason, and it cascades into half the locker room within a couple of hours. :lol:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Think he'll be okay? :ohdear:

Think about all the people they fired before Actually On An NFL Team Rob Gronkowski at the (current) height of the Covid pandemic in the name of boosting stock. They kept paying a guy they KNEW wasn't coming back for at least an extra MONTH

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Whats surreal is how people like Dave manage to keep coming to the conclusion "Trump is clearly a psychopath, we need to get rid of him, but somehow the Republican Party that actively supplicates before him and does everything they can to empower him every day is not in any way MORE culpable for the problem."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

I think I'm only doing all this research I because I realized that Charlotte/Io/Rhea was the first Takeover women's main event since the Bayley/Sasha Iron Man match way back in October 2015, and this wasn't even advertised as the main event. Even the main roster's bumbling, regressive, repetitive, spiteful nonsense has stumbled into way more women's main events than what Daddy Hunter has managed in a literal half-decade. That's ... pretty embarrassing.

Asuka has more comedy main events on the main roster than she had as the killer badass champion in NXT.

I was actually kind of shocked when I read this, and when I looked back to see what was main eventing NXT over Asuka, it was the era of Samoa Joe, Nakamura and Bobby Roode. Kind of flabberghasting.

It probably is worth keeping in mind that NXT's women's division was strip-mined right after Asuka won that belt. They'd been developing Nia, Alexa and Carmella as the next wave of women's stars to replace the Horsewomen for a long while, only to take them along with Bayley right after the torch was passed. Asuka did have one title defense against Nia, but it was a throw-away in between her two Bayley matches, and then it was an empty pool, so much so they had to bring in Mickie James as their stopgap while they tried to build credible challengers.

That said, they had the talent they needed to rebuild the Women's Division, and there's no reason that Asuka and Ember could not have Main Evented any Takeover in that stretch, or that Nikki or Ruby couldn't have been built up to that level, or that Kairi couldn't have been given the torch in a Main Event at the tail end of the stretch since she was slated to win the Mae Young. Instead they chose to center-stage the BIG INDY NAMES in the Men's Main Event and the Tag division for the sake of War Games and the future Gargano/Ciampa feud. Nakamura, Roode, McIntyre, the Authors, DIY, Sanity and Undisputed Era were decided to be more important than the girls, and that kind of sucks in hindsight.

Then of course once Asuka was gone there was a brief period of directionlessness before the Reign of Bazler began, and again management makes a conscious choice to prioritize Ciampa, Gargano and Cole as the main event monopoly, giving the women no chance at the main despite ANOTHER super-pushed champion and another fresh field of top-tier talent that could have challenged her at a Main Event level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Defiance Industries posted:

They keep giving first-time champs Ziggler-level opponents for their first feud after the title win and wondering why people don't get excited

One could argue that Austin's first feud after winning the belt was weird poo poo with Dude Love and he made it work, but we all know the real feud was with Vince