Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dropping your catchphrase in a tweet about how you approve of the president calling for the death of Americans is carnie as hell.

He's also going to get murdered by the locker room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The shield will be in as soon as Mox makes nice with the E again, and Seth and Roman will go in as individuals. If Mox comes back before he’s completely broken down they’ll put him in too.

Congrats to future HoF team, The SHIELD. Roman, Seth, and Kurt. Good job boys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Lol imagine stanning so hard for the Dems you'd give Lowtax $500 for them

Our healthcare system is so loving bad, we have a lot of people who need help but can't get it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Majority of the show sucked. Orton vs Edge was legitimately good but dragged down by just insane production.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

So how was Edge/Orton? Was it surprising or fun or interesting in any way or was it just legitimately a 45-minute wrestling match?

It was a pretty good 45 minute match that if played straight would of easily been the best match of the night. Instead it had too many cuts, weird fake cheers being added, and the crowd chanting the rehearsed cheers they have to learn. It felt like an insane parody which sucks because the match itself was good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I saw the Streets Profits vs Viking Raders match and holy poo poo that was terrible. Just the least funny thing I've ever seen. Utter dogshit. I felt sorry for everyone involved.

I think I'd legitimately like all of those segments if WWE was a kids show all the way through. Made and marketed towards children exclusively. But it's not. It's for adults? It says it is a show for adults, it presents lots of "adult" situations, and all the data says adults primarily watch it. The tonal inconsistency just kills so many otherwise decent segments.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

just rust posted:

WWE does not acknowledge the popularity of a wrestler until the crowd's admiration of that wrestler has been beaten out of them by bad booking. Braun was over at one point in time and now he is not so they gave him the title accordingly. Now they can disingenuously say that they listened to the fans and blame his lack of success on the fans being fickle and stupid. This is big league sports entertainment 4-D chess, try to keep up.

They did the thing that got him over, flipping cars, and now he's not over. Must be the fickle fans fault!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Astro7x posted:

And this is just the poo poo you see on TV.

You can go on social media and see some wrestlers hanging out with like a dozen different people at home during quarantine, and then coming in contact with talent on air, and then more social media stuff of them hanging out with people backstage that they are not even in segments in. All while having nothing more than temperature check and a questionnaire done.

If they don't care about their own well being, why should we?

Trying to hang it on individual responsibility is dumb. It's a corporate failing on WWE's part and just a small part of the much larger picture that is the US government's incredible failing on COVID.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lid posted:

NXT Developmental Developmental is done

WWE News: Evolve to go on a hiatus, no plans on running events going forward

Remember every time people said the point of the evolve deal was to pump evolve dry and kill it?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"We thought we'd take everyone's mind off of covid by risking the lives of these beloved heroes loved by children."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Evergreen

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Maybe since it's Halloween all the dead wrestlers will rise and challenge for the strap

Vince is preparing for the worse and it is going to be all holograms and cgi.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince is determined to kill the business before he goes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm having a hard time even trying to imagine who's going to make a big deal about this and try to bring the law down on WWE. So many wrestlers are such laissez faire idiots that I can see the response being "whoops, caught a hoax from my job. That's fine"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Some of them (a lot) were absolutely dumb enough to believe states reopening meant everything was all good now

stupid idiots, listening to what the authority figures around them told them and then they believed it!

But seriously, every authority figure in everyone's life is lying to them and none of you should ever trust them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's probably less "We postponed the taping for safety" and more "We postponed the taping because most of the production crew are too weak to standup. We're finding new crew"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, in a perfect situation they would of already had a union and would of used that to get proper covid care. But it's never too late for them to start unionizing now. At the least they should be dealing with this like a shadow union and convincing other performers to not show up and trying to get at least some of the wrestlers to act collectively.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If it's true it gives me a suspicion that someone high up doesn't believe in covid and has been sandbagging because they think it is a waste. I'm spinning this pretty much out of whole cloth, just something about how they phrased the piece about WWE not believing the validity of the testing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Amazon or Disney could and have gotten away with labor abuse far worse than WWE.

They won't buy it though because its not really going to push numbers on any of their streaming services and they can't turn it into a synergistic media empire because that's what wwe has tried for years and keeps failing to do. Also Disney is supposedly done with buying up properties for a while, no idea if that's actually true.

Edit: I just looked and so far Disney hasn't moved from saying they're reopening parks in July.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 27, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

According to WON, WWE has figured out how to deal with the travel restrictions put in place by New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut: They'll fly talent in to Philly and have them drive home.

The worst loving people holy poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly gently caress velveteen dream, but the dude sounds like he needs rehab or a therapist or whatever in regards to the violent outbursts & paranoia he has in his past that are unrelated to his sex crime stuff

Yeah, this is still scummy on WWE's part too. They're just jettisoning a liability to get scooped up by another company. No care for his victims or him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The rock's daughter has probably lived her entire life in a perception warping field that has entirely hosed her up and has made her this kind of stupid and that's not her fault.

People should still tell her to shut up about the masks until she shuts up and it is her responsibility to not say and support incredibly dangerous.

The past few weeks has really cemented my belief that this world doesn't produce healthy people and if we ever somehow built a utopia the way we live our lives would be almost unrecognizable from how we do now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's what the vest covers? He looks fine. He'd look great in the ring without a shirt.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The fact that they sell branded masks but are not forcing people to wear them on camera is honestly out of character for WWE. I can't tell if this is Vince not wanting to look weak to something you can't see or if Dunn or another high up thinks it is a hoax.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE really is a cult for most of them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope Vince gets Covid. I hope he gets the kind that leaves you on a ventilator for weeks in absolute agony and that he gets a lifelong degenerative illness out of it and that he spends the rest of his days bedridden and miserable and I hope every single person that floats around him encouraging this gets the same. Scum of the Earth.

He's 74 so good news about that lifelong stuff if he gets it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it's good when people like Vince are no longer able to hurt people. I'm not going to worry, wish, or fantasize about details but it's good when unrepentant abusers stop.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's a main eventer!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My uncle is in hospice care, got it in hospice, and lived. Its such an insane roll of the dice. Honestly he kind of kicked the virus' rear end for someone who is again, in hospice.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

reignofevil posted:

The tire pattern plus the diamonds makes it look like he got run over by the joker-mobile.

Oh no now it's all I can see

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Meanwhile my 40 year old cousin died of it weeks after Covid took his mom. And he had no pre-existing conditions.

Jesus, I'm sorry. The wildness of it is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think I like Dolph Ziggler but hate Nick Nemeth. Which is to say I think I'd like his gimmick, moves, and look in the hands of someone different who didn't whine a bunch in real life and then also play a big whiny character on tv.