Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

”please be more ethical and give money to Sinclair instead” :lmao:

Is there even a way to give Sinclair money to watch something like Glory By Honor V? You can watch Danielson vs KENTA on Youtube & I guess they'll get a fraction of a penny in advertising money but other than you either :filez: the show or you buy a 2nd hand DVD. I have no idea how much of the Gabe era is even available on Honor Club yet. I know they've said they will get there eventually but that was in February and I doubt they have made much headway as they'd need to do a lot of editing on stuff like entrance music. Don't even know if they got to 2010 and that was past the point they stopped using real songs.

I have no idea how much money I've given to WWE. If you include gifts people got me as a kid then a fair amount because there were VHSs, books, the official WWF magazine on occasion, I had a Hulk Hogan poster on the wall that might've come with a magazine but might have been a separate purchase. But even as an adult I've bought a few of their DVDs (I definitely had the Dusty one, think I had a Flair one & some assorted other stuff) & I was a Network subscriber for a while at least. Never been to a live show but still probably £150-£250 at a guess? And that ignores when a friend let me use their password for a good while so I could watch old Raws & Nitros & 90s PPVs. Which probably is a lot less than most people seeing as I've never seen them live & never bought a PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

An actual book written by Dave Meltzer sounds like such a horrible idea. I love his reporting and radio show but his actual technical skills as a writer are abysmal.

God bless the poor editor who gets to deal with Dave's handed in manuscript.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Seams posted:

watched this again for the nth time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

I love how much joy The American Dolphin Bryan Danielson has in this. All time joyful promo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Benne posted:

lol I forgot there was a Takeover tonight

I only found out that there's a Takeover tonight because Youtube sent me a notification that the Gatoh Move watch party was starting. If I was going to watch this show I'd definitely want to watch with Emi & Mei.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Benne posted:

On the Edge/Orton taped match

Basically that's code for "it was boring as gently caress but Bret Hart told me he liked it"

I love how Dave is mostly known as the Kenny/Bucks fan but he's also inexplicably into Randy Orton in a way I've never got.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

if you post in d&d at all you deserve what you get

UKMT is a good thread :c00lbert:

For real, if not for that thread I almost certainly stop using SA years ago, and probably don't start lurking in this subforum & end up hearing about Jericho in New Japan & deciding to sub to NJPW World & reigniting my love of wrestling & turn into someone who watches far too much puro. So I will defend that thread, crisps chat & all. Rest of D&D? Garbage. (Actually the EU thread is mostly interesting & when the French & Italy threads are active they are quite good too.)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I was mostly with you but crisps chat is the devil

I agree, I was trying to say "I'll defend UKMT even with its bad crisp chat" but failed :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bruce Pritchard is a wizard of bootlicking. It's impressive

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

When does Akira Tozawa's contract expire so he can leave this terrible company?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

oh god I can't stop laughing

Dammit, I'm completely blanking on who did that bump but I know he did it a lot & it was some Memphis guy or Smokey Mountain guy

Oh, Chris Hamrick!

Here's a video of him doing it in 3 different matches in the WWF

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I don’t like it

but I’ll have to go along with it

Peter you've lost the news.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh for fucksake. I shouldn't be surprised, he seems like exactly the sort of person that would've appeared in the old "Sleaze thread" on DVDVR 20 years ago.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tonfa posted:

This is NJPW's default mode of things, while the loser of the match is still a crumbled heap and the champ is celebrating their victory the next guy comes out with "I won a high profile match tonight and that's why I'm next" (or w/e their claim is), and if the challenger has a solid claim the match is made right then.

The problem with this booking is it only works in a company where wins & losses matter to some extent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wow, and Tanahashi has only held the IWGP Heavyweight Championship 8 times since 2006. What a scrub

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

America is so hosed and I seriously hope the EU ban all travel from there ASAP.

Haven't they already? Spain just opened the border with the UK (well, flying to & from) & we've had it less bad than the US despite the best efforts of our leadership

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

why not just inject the sword spray or almost a cleaning

Copy Kazuyuki Fujita & just drink it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It should go without saying that no one should be running wrestling shows in Florida right now. Especially if you've got people flying in & out of the state for tapings.

I get that they'll keep doing it because nobody is going to stop them but holy poo poo this endangering their employees, their "independent contractors", but also just the people who might end up on a plane with someone flying to the PC from Vegas or wherever, & their own friends & family.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nobody should be running shows

You're almost certainly right but I've only heard about how badly Florida is doing rather than how the rest of the US is coping so didn't want to speak out of turn. But certainly I agree with the sentiment.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nice of Bryan to sum up 2020 in a single tweet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hirez posted:

I dunno I've heard literally everyone is infected, how could it get worse

They are all infect and they all have died would be worse

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Florida just announced over 8900 new cases today.

This is very impressive. The UK, which has 3 times the population of Florida, reported 1,004 positive tests conducted in the UK over a 24 hour period as of 9am today. Well done Florida. You're worse than this poorly run shithole island.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Didn't Matt Riddle debut on Smackdown the same day the allegations about him came out? I'm not sure I'll believe the WWE until they actually do something

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RIP The Undertaker

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen (the people who called it that, not your post!).

Also the news about WWE organizing to fly wrestlers to Philly and then they made their way home from there... doesn't that ALSO violate the travel ban? I don't know what the specifics of the ban are, but it seems to me like this is openly and knowingly flouting the law?

Dave mentioned on WOR on Wednesday (maybe Tuesday?) that basically yes, the wrestlers should be quarantining 14 days after returning from Florida. So WWE aren't just risking the lives of their employees/contractors & their families but also entire states. Real cool company.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

I would not want to be a local medical facility in Orlando rn.

I feel like there are worse times to be an inanimate object

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why has 1996 WCW stepped out of a time machine but somehow the time travel aged them and they are still getting booked on Raw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

What a relief for the tens of members of the NXT UK Universe.