Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Didn't watch Takeover* but is there any possible explanation for Dream dressing up as Negan besides BTE canon of Adam Cole being dead, therefore the NXT champion is a zombie? Did they even mention it?

* I put it on right around the start of Lee/Gargano, started cooking dinner, wasn't really paying attention, parents called and I turned it off during the entrances for the Backlot Brawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

People who were both on the Crown Jewel card and also released in the Pandemic Cut and their WWE stint(s):

Luke Gallows (2006-2010, 2016-2020)
Karl Anderson (2016-2020)
Dash Wheeler (2014-2020)
Scott Dawson (2012-2020)
Curt Hawkins (2006-2014, 2016-2020)
Zack Ryder (2006-2020)
Heath Slater (2006-2020)
Eric Young (2016-2020)
No Way Jose (2015-2020)
Rusev (2010-2020)
Drake Maverick (2017-2020)

The only person who literally signed their first contract with WWE in 2012 and then got released in April is Scott Dawson/Dax Harwood, though Rusev was in FCW when it made the switch over to NXT in the summer of 2012 (I don't think anyone else on this list save Dawson was in developmental in 2012, is it possible that technically Rusev had an "Florida Championship Wrestling" contract that rolled over into an official WWE/NXT contract in 2012?

Later in the document, they have more from the CW2 interview, and specifically refer to tweets from wrestlers including Brodie Lee so that presumably would mean he isn't CW-2.

quote:

After a few hours, CW-2 explained, he and about 10-12 other wrestlers, cameramen, and agents were put on another flight to Buffalo. CW-2 further noted that at this point he wondered why if other planes
were available that they did not get everyone out of Saudi Arabia.

quote:

CW-2 explained that many spoke on the condition of anonymity to journalists and the WWE denounced these stories as “conspiracies” and “laughable.” Nevertheless, after the event, CW-2 said that he and a co-worker went straight to Talent Relations and said they would not go back to Saudi Arabia. CW-2 noted that other wrestlers tried to do the same but the WWE “abused” their “power” and threatened the future trajectory of their careers if they did not go.

I suppose another possibility is that it's not a wrestler? But it's probably Rusev or Dawson. The "included in the second private chartered plane" part makes me think Rusev over Dawson, but that's just speculation and who the gently caress knows what logic McMahon used to pick people to take on the plane. Neither Rusev nor the Revival were on the February 2020 Saudi show.

Update: I guess the Revivial were allegedly on the second chartered flight according to contemporary reports, probably because a New Day/Revival match was advertised for the Smackdown that turned into the NXT Invasion.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 14, 2020

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Let's see, Edge has held the tag team titles twelve times with six different partners, maybe they can follow up the Christian beatdown with Orton taking out *checks notes* Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Hulk Hoganm and Randy Orton?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

flashy_mcflash posted:

lol over/under on 50% of the roster catchin that roni?

Timby posted:

(That's not how over / under works.)
Isn't this one of the incredibly rare cases where over/under is actually accurate? You could place a bet on over/under for roster COVID-19 cases (in this case, either "over 50%" or "under 50%") in the same way you could bet on the over/under of Four Star Roman getting **** in his return match (you either bet he will do worse than four stars, or better than four stars).

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Only partially related to Dolph Ziggler Chat but I looked up the longest-tenured locker room leaders etc. and here is a full list of people who have been continuously working for main-roster WWE for over a decade and their debut/re-debut month:

April 2002: Randy Orton

June 2006: The Miz

December 2007: Kofi Kingston

February 2008: Big Show*
April 2008: Natalya
August 2008: R-Truth
September 2008: Dolph Ziggler**

June 2009: Sheamus

May 2010: The Usos
May 2010: Tamina

* This is a weird one both because he was legitimately not under contract for a year or so in 2006-7, and also because he hasn't wrestled regular in like four years and literally went all of 2019 without a match/appearance
** This is also questionable because of what you consider him debuting, Spirit Squad was early 2006 but he also got sent back down to the minors after that wrapped and didn't come back for over a year as Dolph

Either way, this list is a lot smaller than I would have thought, and I guess The Miz is officially The Locker Room Leader of Smackdown now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Going back to Ziggler, he and Brock got along due to their amateur wrestling backgrounds and Ambrose treating dolph like that pissed off Lesnar which is why he just beat the dogshit out of Ambrose and won at WM and moved on
If this is a joke/reference I'm not getting I apologize but Ambrose's title match with Ziggler was Summerslam 2016, Brock's match against Ambrose was like four months earlier at Wrestlemania.

Was there an earlier Ziggler burial promo? Was Lesnar bitten by a cake scarab and cursed with the second sight?