Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

I'd want a gun too if I saw the terrifying glossy white baby coming at me, that's clearly an alien.

He just wants MIIIIWK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bessantj posted:

It's gotten that bad huh? I did wonder why he kicked off on QT to what was a fairly (if I remember correctly) mild comment.

His family are loaded so I doubt he's hurting for money

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
If he's capable of making GBS threads out a 600 word article a couple of times a week, a fresh career as a 'contrarian' right-wing columist awaits.

(I suspect that he does not in fact possess the intellect to do this.)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

People with lovely views just cannot not say them. In a way it should be a blessing but then the BBC puts them on their flagship programs and refuses to call them dipshit nonces afterwards.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

thebardyspoon posted:

I take it if you're eating in public then the accepted thing to do is take the mask off for the duration and put it back on asap and ideally try not to eat in places where there are people if possible or at least not a lot of people right? Talking about like, a public park and not eating in at a restaurant (which I really miss and want to do but won't for quite awhile probably even with these incredibly generous Sunak vouchers).

You need to take lessons from niqab (face veil leaving only eyes free) wearers! Having visited a Wagamama with a friend in niqab eating noodles, it was a delicate operation. But the niqab hangs down loose doesn't fit round your chin.

biglads posted:

Clunk Click every trip

Yes, I was wondering who ITT might remember that campaign and who fronted it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddNr7rebaQo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jose posted:

His family are loaded so I doubt he's hurting for money

Yeah his dad must have made some decent cash from acting. I just had a look at his IMDB, he doesn't seem to be hurting for work so we're all shocked that someone who has been "cancelled" hasn't been.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Shameful that :justpiss: isn't already an emoji

https://twitter.com/ThingsWork/status/1241444146985893888

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'd assume that he was always a knob, it's just before QT, nobody knew who he was, so nobody was listening. Post QT, it's a mixture of arrogant bravado and the sly calculation that he can probably wrangle more money and publicity out of this than he could doing acting gigs.
I doubt it's even remotely that tactical, he just said something offensive on question time, got lovebombed by the alt right, now believes they're the good guys because they're the ones being nice and supporting him on patreon, and as a consequence has had his right wing opinions dragged as far right as they'll go.

Same as Glinner, don't give him credit for being some machievellian grifter, he's just an idiot who fell in with some vile people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh to be a bat, pissing in the air, flopping my willy around without the faintest care.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Guavanaut posted:

I remember the one where it was like "this woman is about to be killed by someone she knows, this boy is about to become a killer" and then shows a car being rear ended, it seemed a lot more effective than "you might hurt yourself" because like why would I hurt myself, I'm careful.

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHY69AFstE

I can't understand how he's not more injured. She's dead of blunt force trauma and he's got a broken nose but doesn't even lose consciousness?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lady Demelza posted:

I can't understand how he's not more injured. She's dead of blunt force trauma and he's got a broken nose but doesn't even lose consciousness?

Those adverts always turn my stomach, so I guess they're effective.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

If he's capable of making GBS threads out a 600 word article a couple of times a week, a fresh career as a 'contrarian' right-wing columist awaits.

(I suspect that he does not in fact possess the intellect to do this.)

I’m not so sure if that’s a reasonable “escape route” anymore, the sun are hiding their circulation figures and it’s likely that it’s going to get financially worse and worse for right wing poo poo rags as the months go on

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dont you have to watch blood on the asphalt videos when taking driving classes in school here?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We don't have driving classes in school.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bump_fn posted:

dont you have to watch blood on the asphalt videos when taking driving classes in school here?

I remember everyone in my sixth form being forced to watch those regardless of whether we were learning to drive.

Turns out you can get out of it if you're on the verge of passing out within five minutes. Highly recommended.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

OwlFancier posted:

Oh to be a bat, pissing in the air, flopping my willy around without the faintest care.

You can do this without being a bat though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes, I was wondering who ITT might remember that campaign and who fronted it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddNr7rebaQo
poor eggs :smith:

Lady Demelza posted:

Yes, that's the one!

Yeah, if it was being more realistic them it'd probably show him being revived in hospital a while later while she's dead, but it works at getting across the idea of getting people to wear s seatbelt for other people's sake rather than their own, and for getting other people invested in the idea of making sure everyone is wearing one in the vehicle rather than 'my choice'.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its coming for you twisto

https://twitter.com/engineers_feed/status/1282904614132690944?s=20

stev posted:

I remember everyone in my sixth form being forced to watch those regardless of whether we were learning to drive.

Turns out you can get out of it if you're on the verge of passing out within five minutes. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGceHaq1wgM

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Lady Demelza posted:

The front of the skull is tougher than the back. If you headbutt someone who's grabbed you from behind, unless you break their nose you're more likely to stun yourself than them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what a massive oval office

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1283044506275807233?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Desmond swayne never goes shopping anyway.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Moonwolf posted:

The front of the skull is tougher than the back. If you headbutt someone who's grabbed you from behind, unless you break their nose you're more likely to stun yourself than them.

Also the knees (and full weight and momentum) of the rear passenger tent to get catapulted into the mid back of the driver which can crush their sternum against the seatbelt and/or gently caress up their spine. Effectively the person in front becomes the crumple zone of the person in back - this effect is magnified by the seatbelt pretensioner (which will be busy catapulting the driver back into their seat) and/or the airbag which is only meant to deal with slowing down one person, not two.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also the knees (and full weight and momentum) of the rear passenger tent to get catapulted into the mid back of the driver which can crush their sternum against the seatbelt and/or gently caress up their spine. Effectively the person in front becomes the crumple zone of the person in back - this effect is magnified by the seatbelt pretensioner (which will be busy catapulting the driver back into their seat) and/or the airbag which is only meant to deal with slowing down one person, not two.

I remember a load of (basically gore) films of accidents that highlighted this point.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jesus loving christ what an absolute stain on humanity.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao when's the last time that shitstain had to step inside a shop himself?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Also like... nothing. NOTHING would make you less likely to go shopping than having to wear a loving scarf?

NOTHING.

Can he not conceive of anything worse than that. Police brutality, catcalling, limited access, poor public transport, racism, homophobia, transphobia, all of these things that materially affect his constituents, but... no, wearing a mask is the WORST THING he can conceive of.

gently caress that guy.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pfft, I've got a Ducati, a light rain can do that.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Desmond swayne never goes shopping anyway.

He's probably told his chef to smuggle some Ortolan in from France a few times.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He's probably told his chef to smuggle some children in from France a few times.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Why did Swiss Toni get a knighthood

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

these days mate

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1282632865969246208

bump_fn posted:

We get cycling proficiency classes instead :shobon:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1283067669399457793?s=20
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1268650212266049537?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Quitting my job because they didn't fire the people I disagree with and putting out a big blog acting as if I was the one who was fired, to own the libs.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This is someone who has decided to throw a tantrum, quit her job for "ideological reasons" all so she can go over to a right wing media outlet (Fox) and pick up a huge paycheck there.

Mark my words, within a month she will be portraying herself on the Right Wing media as a sensible centrist who was forced out due to cancel culture because she asked "reasonable questions."

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This is the same Bari Weiss who tried to ruin the careers of Arab professors at Columbia Uni by associating their criticisms of Israel with anti-Semitism.

She should move to England, the media fully embraces that argument without question.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

If masks are such a monstrous imposition I worry a lot of people are going to be upset by my "Mandatory urethral sounding" decree once I become World Empress

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/NadimJBaba/status/1282947972356100098

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

If masks are such a monstrous imposition I worry a lot of people are going to be upset by my "Mandatory urethral sounding" decree once I become World Empress

Honestly still better than Tories.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Depends entirely on how you sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
It's cute that the government wants us to go out and spend spend spend not only during a period of unprecedented uncertainty but after over a decade of austerity :monocle:

Do they think everyone has a mattress stuffed with cash? So many people were living hand to mouth even before this year

crispix fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 14, 2020