Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you ______ the things that are going on
This poll is closed.
recognize 17 18.89%
acknowledge 33 36.67%
see 15 16.67%
view 25 27.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cardinals/Steelers was incredible except that the wrong team won.

That's probably the most I've been deflated after a SB that didn't involve my own team. I still try to will the receiver OOB on that last TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
beginning to think that brady thinks his vitamin powder means he and his teammates are actually, literally immune to covid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We've been kinda blessed on Super Bowls recently, well recently being the last 17 years or so.

From when I was old enough to pay attention to about 2004 there were maybe...3? decent games in there and everything else was a blowout with the occasional slog like Rams/Pats where the score was close but the game was trash.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

We've been kinda blessed on Super Bowls recently, well recently being the last 17 years or so.

From when I was old enough to pay attention to about 2004 there were maybe...3? decent games in there and everything else was a blowout with the occasional slog like Rams/Pats where the score was close but the game was trash.

The first two Bills Super Bowls were pretty exciting. The later two, not so much.

Packers Patriots in 98 was interesting as long as you turned the game off after Howard's kick return. The next year, Packers-Broncos went down almost to the wire.

Rams-Titans in '00 came up one yard short.

Raiders-Bucs was entertaining in seeing how thoroughly the Raiders could be dismantled. Shades of Seahawks-Broncos over 10 years later.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The second Bills one really wasn’t close at all. :thurman: lost his helmet and they were down 17-0 real quick and 24-0 like a minute into the third. The Bills added a couple of garbage touchdowns in the last five minutes while Washington called off the dogs on offense, so it ended 37-24 and looked closer than it was.

Their last one, the second one against Dallas, was closer, with the Bills leading 13-6 at the half. But, Dallas ran it down their throats after that while the Bills fell apart and never scored again, so it also ended in a blowout 30-13.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Also aside from the opening kickoff Bears/Colts was a snooze fest and everyone knew the Colts victory was inevitable.

I watched that at a bar in Dubuque, Iowa, with some friends. The night started out with what could charitably be called recreational drinking.

By the second quarter, it had simply become a flat-out binge.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was convinced the Bills would win that Super Bowl. Alas...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

The second Bills one really wasn’t close at all. :thurman: lost his helmet and they were down 17-0 real quick and 24-0 like a minute into the third. The Bills added a couple of garbage touchdowns in the last five minutes while Washington called off the dogs on offense, so it ended 37-24 and looked closer than it was.

Their last one, the second one against Dallas, was closer, with the Bills leading 13-6 at the half. But, Dallas ran it down their throats after that while the Bills fell apart and never scored again, so it also ended in a blowout 30-13.

Yeah. 3 straight bad Bills superbowls, the 49ers dumpstering the Chargers then the Cowboys vs the hapless Neil O'Donnell Steelers were the end of the run of lovely games.

From that point you had some boring ones (Broncos - Falcons, Colts - Bears, Broncos - Panthers), and some pure stinkers (Broncos - Seahawks, Patriots - Rams, Steelers - Seahawks, Buccaneers - Raiders, Ravens - Giants), but all the rest have been at least solidly good games.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

super bowls were so bad we thought cowboys-steelers in xxx was one of the better ones at the time

or that a couple of years later broncos-packers was deemed as one of the best ever even as the packers just let the broncos score the winning td

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

XLVII was not among the best, but it was pretty good too, although I might be biased. Harbowl factor, Justin Tucker not converting a fake field goal in the red zone on 4th and 9 by a yard, the 49ers having 3 downs in the Ravens 5 yard line to win the game but the defense making a stand, intentional safety shenanigans, power outage, Jacoby Jones record 108 yard kickoff return TD to start the second half.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jacoby Jones benefiting from a BLATANT BLOCK IN THE BACK

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Jacoby Jones benefiting from a BLATANT BLOCK IN THE BACK

My favorite thing forever has been linking this Dante Hall return and having any Denver fan who sees it complaining about the two blocks in the back. Which are pretty blatant, but also the return is still amazing.

If that link loses its time stamp it's at 2:08.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

never take back a 108 yard return TD in a Super Bowl because of a block in the back IMO

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

My favorite thing forever has been linking this Dante Hall return and having any Denver fan who sees it complaining about the two blocks in the back. Which are pretty blatant, but also the return is still amazing.

There's a rule that says a block in the back can't be called if the play is too cool

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=222IkMwrIpE

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

If that link loses its time stamp it's at 2:08.
Denver got its revenge later that season when Portis scored 5 TDs on that swiss cheese defense :smugdog:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hate all of you, I saw a whole bunch of new posts and got to the AB Bucs speculation and got excited and instead it's 3 pages of old superbowls

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For sure AB would get Covid and poison the entire team

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cardinals/Steelers was incredible except that the wrong team won.

You're no longer allowed to say this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

For sure AB would get Covid and poison the entire team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La_X447rn1A

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sharknado slashfic posted:

I hate all of you, I saw a whole bunch of new posts and got to the AB Bucs speculation and got excited and instead it's 3 pages of old superbowls

Not a whole lot else to talk about bout right now.

Which QB do you think is most likely to eat human flesh? I think its Brady. He seems like the kind of guy who would walk into a billionaire's cannibal orgy and initially say no but if someone just took him aside and said "No, it's okay. We do this all the time" like he wouldn't even think to rebut that and the notion that he and his friends eat people would just become normal. Just an amoral knob of a man due to his vacuous-ness.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

Not a whole lot else to talk about bout right now.

Which QB do you think is most likely to eat human flesh? I think its Brady. He seems like the kind of guy who would walk into a billionaire's cannibal orgy and initially say no but if someone just took him aside and said "No, it's okay. We do this all the time" like he wouldn't even think to rebut that and the notion that he and his friends eat people would just become normal. Just an amoral knob of a man due to his vacuous-ness.

Matt Ryan can and has and will again, given the opportunity

edit: we do know of at least one autocannibal QB though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There's a decent chance that Rivers has taken at least one bite of placenta.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No QB gets as handsome as Jimmy G without sucking the spines of a few fetuses

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Would the outcome be different?

I’d give the Pats 60/40 there, but it couldn’t have possibly been the same snoozefest, since Brees can actually read a defense without his coach in his ears

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tom Brady eats human flesh sourced from the finest orphans on the reg.

Matt Ryan finds human flesh too spicy. Lightly breaded chicken is also too spicy.

Russell Wilson malfunctioned and ate one of his linemen, but doesn’t remember it after his reprogramming.

Mitch Trubisky once bit a titty too hard.

John Elway eats nasty orphans from a trough.

Pat Mahomes tried human meat once, but only because he took it from Andy Reid’s office not knowing what it was, and covered it in ketchup anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Loling again that Cam Newton is the Patriots QB

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Loling again that Cam Newton is the Patriots QB

It’s so amazing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

Denver got its revenge later that season when Portis scored 5 TDs on that swiss cheese defense :smugdog:

Growing up as a fan watching the Marty teams in the 90s and Derrick Thomas and all it is kind of fascinating to look back and realize I have witnessed two all time great Chiefs offenses go down because the defense was just utter and complete dogshit.

I mean, I'm cool with it now after last year, but man 2003 and 2018 were painful.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Both 2018 championship games were so good, that Chiefs game especially....

But I wasn't a fan of any of the four teams so...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All of the starters are going to get injured because no one could practice and Eli will come out of retirement to face Black Bortles. It will be the greatest season ever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Dave posted:

Black Bortles

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Dave posted:

Black Bortles

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Dave posted:

Black Bortles

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Dave posted:

Black Bortles

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Strobe posted:

The most recent Superbowl was a very good one and I would even wager one of the best ones.

Ross and 49ers fans are exempt from having to think that but everyone else should recognize its truth.

Nah, it was a good game and we got outplayed. Simple as that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nah, it was a good game and we got outplayed. Simple as that.

gently caress the Chiefs

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

gently caress the Chiefs
Amen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Dave posted:

Black Bortles.

Bam-Ba-Lam