Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

JOHN CENA posted:

Spokes: Diet what? ANSWER FOR YOUR FRIDGE CONTENTS.

I thought i wrote more! maybe it fell off the google form. Anyhow, diet anything! mountain dew is my favorite but diet dr. pepper is another strong one.

quote:

Everyone: Do you feel like you've been socially active enough thus far this game?
I think so, there's a couple of people I haven't spoken with one-on-one, but i've been quite active in town chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JOHN CENA posted:

Everyone: Do you feel like you've been socially active enough thus far this game?

I started out very behind but have made some good connections. In particular, I really enjoyed meeting the new people who aren't mafia players. If anything comes from this game, I'm hoping you non-mafia people sign up for a mafia game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Khanstant, this is your first ever forum reality game.. Any thoughts being on a tribe with some veteran players here?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 7, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I've maybe been overly socially active...this game is serving as a pressure release from the fact that the real world is loving TERRIBLE right now. I'm just relishing having more friends to chat with and such.

As for past games...I'm trying not to lean too hard on my prior survivor and one real mafia experience. Yeah, I was in older games, but I can't try to coast on old habits or old relationships or anything. every game is a brand new experience

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never played Mafia or Survivor so I have no frame of reference for the first question. I was pretty shocked when I realized I was tossed in with a bunch of winners and hustlers! Those are rough seasons for noobs!

I think I have been fairly social, I see it kind of like going to a house part of an acquaintance's. I will stand outside on the back porch chain-smoking and shooting the poo poo with whoever wanders out with the other backyarders.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

If anything, I may have been a little too social. I love playing these kinds of games because I almost always end up making really good friends that I talk to for a long while after the game is over. I wanted the same thing here. So, on day 1, I reached out and said hello to everyone. Then it pretty much seemed that most people were surprised that it had been so quiet and I realized that maybe others weren't doing that so much. Whatever, I'm gonna keep on talking to whoever wants to talk. I want to enjoy the game!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

JOHN CENA posted:

I think I've spoken game and not-game to most of the tribe in and out of the main channel.. some at varying levels, but who really knows? It's very hard to ever feel safe in FRGs. I actually like everybody in this tribe a lot, so it sucks that we lost.

JOHN CENA posted:

Some of you have played in FRGs before, do you think this gives you any advantages or do you feel like it hinders you instead?

There are some obvious advantages if people haven't read past FRGs, but as far as alliances and trusting people goes.. you have to have a solid base of people you can really trust. Some of that is pure luck with the tribes you're put into.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak, you were on the losing end of the tiebreaker round in the immunity challenge. . Where did the Town tribe go wrong?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

maybe, maybe not? in contrast to awful big brother, where there was little strategic reason to actually talk in the public house-chat, here we're not "supposed" to be keeping things from each other or forming separate alliances within the tribe. we should be focusing on tribe cohesion instead, so i've mainly been talking with people publicly. idk whether or not thats optimal for me, like maybe everyone is in sub-tribe alliances except for me, but that's been my approach so far.

JOHN CENA posted:

Some of you have played in FRGs before, do you think this gives you any advantages or do you feel like it hinders you instead?

yes and no? i do think i have an advantage simply from understanding the sort of competitions that happen in forum games, but i also think ita a disadvantage in that i still *feel* like a noob, especially since survivor is such a different game, and yet i have this label of "veteran" anyway lol

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JOHN CENA posted:

I think there are ways in which it's an advantage and ways in which it's a disadvantage. On one hand, I have a fairly good idea of what the experience is like and don't have to worry about the jitters associated with the newness of it all; on the other hand I think that my experience would make for a very easy reason to paint me out as a target.

We all gotta play the hand we're dealt!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

The biggest thing about this is that I'm just very comfortable chatting with online folks, but I have to imagine most of us are.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

Mr. Steak, you were on the losing end of the tiebreaker round in the immunity challenge. Where did the Town tribe go wrong?

it wasn't the tribe, it was me. i really feel personally responsible for our loss in this comp. for one, i was really vocal about the strategy that made us lose round 1. and then i made a plan for my round (the tiebreaker) that would have worked if i'd stuck to it, but i changed it last-second and we lost.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

.Murmur Twin, what's your take on tribe morale? How is today's vote going to impact it?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JOHN CENA posted:

Murmur Twin, what's your take on tribe morale? How is today's vote going to impact it?

It's hard to say until I see what the results are!

I will say that there's obvious tension between DBD and Merk and I think that being free of that will be a good thing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright, on that note

Using the above image, or any image as you see fit, you will send me a private message or a direct message on discord (NOT in your confessional channel) to vote somebody off of your tribe. Player with the most votes will have their torch snuffed, and will be the first person to be voted out of this game. You have until 10:00 PM EST to submit your vote. Failure to vote will result in a self-vote. Failure to vote in two tribal councils will be grounds for removing you from the game.

Good luck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If anybody has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you wish to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright, i'll reveal the votes.

First vote...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Merk, one vote Deadbeat Dad..

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 7, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Merk, one vote Deadbeat Dad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes Merk, one vote Deadbeat Dad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes Merk, two votes Deadbeat Dad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We're tied, Three votes Merk, three votes Deadbeat Dad, two votes left.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Four votes Merk, Three votes DBD, one vote left.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

First person voted out of Awful Survivor Scum vs Town...

That's five votes, and tonight, that's enough.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 18, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The first vote is never an easy one. Hopefully, the choice your tribe has made is one that will strengthen it. Your next Immunity Challenge will be Monday at 9pm EST. I'll see you all then. Good night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We're gonna kick things off at 9, but first let's get the rules of this challenge out of the way.

This challenge is Hunters vs Hunted. Each tribe is going to have a grid. Your tribe's leader, and a tribemate of their choosing will be the Hunters. The remaining five players on your tribe will be the Hunted, each one claiming a space on the grid. Three of the hunted will choose their own space, but the Tribe Leader will have to choose the space for two of their tribemates. Players who are having their spots chosen for them cannot request or suggest their spots. You're putting your faith in the leader here. Hunters will, one at a time, guess coordinates trying to take out a Hunted's spot. Doing so takes them out of the competition and earns your team one point. The first tribe to five points will win immunity. The tribe that goes first will be decided at the start of the challenge by a coin flip. Additionally, there may be certain advantages or disadvantages in this challenge. Use this time to ask questions about the rules and to figure out who is going to play what role.

Scum, you have one too many players, you need to sit someone out. Whose it gonna be?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

What's the size of the grid?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dmboogie posted:

What's the size of the grid?
I'll reveal that about 10 minutes before the challenge so you can select coordinates.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
The Glorious Kupo will be leading our cheering section for this match.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CENA, are the hiders going to be the equivalent of a 1x1 square on the grid?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Can a space only be occupied by one person each?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm hiding in DEEZ NUTS.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm hiding in DEEZ NUTS.

Same, nice seeing you here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yo someone should tell the town tribe that the challenge rules are out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Damnit DBD!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dmboogie posted:

Can a space only be occupied by one person each?
Yes, only one player to a square, and each player only takes up one square.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Same, nice seeing you here
Wore holes in my cashews walking all the way here, but I'm almondst sure it was worth it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

yo someone should tell the town tribe that the challenge rules are out

Real G's move in silence like lasagna

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
assuming the grid is large enough, i'll be hiding in coordinate 69,420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU