Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irn0L4pWIo

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU_9hFpBmNE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZqZK0wNc0

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
thank u nerds

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
there are no predetermined deaths

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Adus posted:

there are no predetermined deaths

im not human

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got that reference!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
9:53 and no tribal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

quietly pushed to 10:00pm :ssh:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

Too busy reading the challenge for a second time.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

quietly pushed to 10:00pm :ssh:

*looks at time*

oh really?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There are only five people left. The game is drawing ever closer to its end.

CuriousCat, this is officially the furthest you've made it on Survivor. What are you relying on to get you this far?

Pmush, you looked to be on the outs almost immediately upon the merge, but here you are. What got you here? What is going to keep you here tonight?

Murmur Twin, you've made it to the end of the game twice before now. At this stage, who becomes dangerous to bring to the end? Do you go after someone who might be a threat in the next Immunity challenge? Or someone who would have a better shot standing up to the jury next to you?

Sal, the last few votes have clearly not gone how you had hoped. What have you done to ensure your safety?

Steak, you're going to be in the final four mix. You have immunity, and barring giving it away, your spot is secured tonight. With tonight's vote, what's the most important thing? Is it maintaining allegiances? Doing right by the jury? Or taking out someone you perceive to be a threat to your chances of winning the game?

A general question for everyone, beside yourself, who do you perceive to be the weakest link left in the game?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

JOHN CENA posted:

Sal, the last few votes have clearly not gone how you had hoped. What have you done to ensure your safety?

A general question for everyone, beside yourself, who do you perceive to be the weakest link left in the game?

There is one person responsible for that and she knows who she is. She has lied to me twice about her vote. At this point I realize that she was probably just stringing me along and using me for info and that's fine. I told Steak the other day that I had promised my jury vote to 2 different people, it's down to one person now. At this point there is nothing I can do to ensure my own safety.

There are no weak links left in the game. Everyone is here for a reason.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

CuriousCat, this is officially the furthest you've made it on Survivor. What are you relying on to get you this far?

Trust. And... Uh, a couple of immunities. Maybe another one would've helped tonight, kupo! But I'm genuinely just... so happy to have made it this deep into one of these. I feel like I passed a barrier, and the end is right there, and I'm just so excited and hopeful that I can grasp it.

JOHN CENA posted:

I think that this is Sal. And I don't think Sal would argue that. Sorry, Sal.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

Steak, you're going to be in the final four mix. You have immunity, and barring giving it away, your spot is secured tonight. With tonight's vote, what's the most important thing? Is it maintaining allegiances? Doing right by the jury? Or taking out someone you perceive to be a threat to your chances of winning the game?

I want to be sitting next to two specific people in final 3, and my vote tonight will be to ensure that happens. We can't predict how the jury feels, or what their priorities will be for their vote at the end of the game. We also can't predict what sort of skills will be required for immunity challenges going forward. So the only thing to do is vote to keep the alliance together.

JOHN CENA posted:

I'm pretty sure Sal won't be offended if I say him. I think he knows it at this point, considering, like you said, all the votes that haven't gone his way. That being said, the weakest link isn't necessarily who you want to vote out at this stage of the game, are they?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

curiousCat posted:

I think that this is Sal. And I don't think Sal would argue that. Sorry, Sal.

I couldn't name myself or I would've. No problem!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

I'm pretty sure Sal won't be offended if I say him. I think he knows it at this point, considering, like you said, all the votes that haven't gone his way. That being said, the weakest link isn't necessarily who you want to vote out at this stage of the game, are they?

Plenty of votes HAVE gone my way though. Remember most of your Town tribe that swapped over was voted out. I also got out Zesty, Spokes and DBD. I think just because the last few have been different doesn't invalidate all the hard work I've done to get here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Plenty of votes HAVE gone my way though. Remember most of your Town tribe that swapped over was voted out. I also got out Zesty, Spokes and DBD. I think just because the last few have been different doesn't invalidate all the hard work I've done to get here.

Not I personally, but the alliance I helped form.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

Pmush, you looked to be on the outs almost immediately upon the merge, but here you are. What got you here? What is going to keep you here tonight?

Honestly, outsurviving both Amnistar and Boogie is still wild to me, considering how many times I was on the wrong end of a failed coup. However, I think I can actually thank Cat. She's been close to the Amni/Sal/Boogie gang since the beginning, and we had an early pledge to each other. Despite taking Zesty out and pulling my feet out from under me, I suspect that she's pulled to keep me from being the vote target several times. I was a dangerous player, and logically, I should've been the one taken out, considering how many almost-successful shots at them I took, but I never was. As for what's going to keep me here tonight, assuming I stay, it's picking good allies. Ironically, we were pulled together because of circumstance, but it's looking like a very real possibility that Team Cornered Rats might just take it.

As for current weak links, I've heard Sal's name thrown around, but he might've actually gone so far in the other direction that he makes it to Final 3 as a goat. If he does, there's no saying he won't pull off some kind of last-minute upset. So I don't want to count out anyone who's gotten this far.

After all, my own game has proven that even the seemingly-beaten can pull off wild sucker punches.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

(Sorry about the wait, fighting with my internet.)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JOHN CENA posted:

Murmur Twin, you've made it to the end of the game twice before now. At this stage, who becomes dangerous to bring to the end? Do you go after someone who might be a threat in the next Immunity challenge? Or someone who would have a better shot standing up to the jury next to you?

I have a lot of time turning game-brain off but I have made a conscious effort this go-around to not try and predict jury votes, because I don't like the mind-set that comes with just assuming things.

My vote is pretty much just based on the final 4, both re: challenges and who I think has my back moving forward.

It's hard to say who I think the weakest link is because if I answer with a name and they blindside me I will feel like an idiot. :eng99: Also I try not to say negative things about people. Also also, from a pure game perspective I think everyone here deserves to be here.

For challenges I think that Steak/Cat/PMush are on one tier and Sal/I are slightly below them.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I acknowledge we all deserve to be here, and none of us have been carried to this point.

Buuut if you'd had your way, Zesty would not have gone home, and you only got spokes out during a week when your target was pmush. So....

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

I acknowledge we all deserve to be here, and none of us have been carried to this point.

Buuut if you'd had your way, Zesty would not have gone home, and you only got spokes out during a week when your target was pmush. So....

Pmush, Spokes and You were all equal targets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:munch:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

But I was also willing to listen to my team for the Zesty vote. I full admit that Zesty was not my choice and that was because I felt like Zesty was a good ally. Thankfully you (but especially my #2 Kupo) did a lot of work to get that vote shifted. Like I said also I used I in my post, but it really was a WE action.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

For challenges I think that Steak/Cat/PMush are on one tier and Sal/I are slightly below them.

The one thing you've been honest about with me at least.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Pmush, Spokes and You were all equal targets.

lol, thanks for the 50th retroactive validation of my idol use ive gotten so far

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

But I was also willing to listen to my team for the Zesty vote. I full admit that Zesty was not my choice and that was because I felt like Zesty was a good ally. Thankfully you (but especially my #2 Kupo) did a lot of work to get that vote shifted. Like I said also I used I in my post, but it really was a WE action.
Out of curiosity, who was? Me?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

To all of you, another person is joining the jury tonight. When you get to the end of the game, you're not *hoping* the jury *maybe* votes for you, it's YOUR JOB to convince them to do so. If you had to speak to one game move you could proudly hang your hat on this season as yours, what would it be?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

lol, thanks for the 50th retroactive validation of my idol use ive gotten so far

Wasn't that the tribal after you flipped or am I misremembering?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Wasn't that the tribal after you flipped or am I misremembering?

spokes was gone after i flipped

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

To all of you, another person is joining the jury tonight. When you get to the end of the game, you're not *hoping* the jury *maybe* votes for you, it's YOUR JOB to convince them to do so. If you had to speak to one game move you could proudly hang your hat on this season as yours, what would it be?

i mean, probably the big flashy one? lol

that's obviously not the only thing i've done this game, but i'll save the full spiel for if i make it to the finale

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

Finally taking Amnistar out. Boogie going down isn't something I can take credit for, except in the most abstract of terms, but Amni going is me making the mother of all hail mary passes, and Steak actually catching it. By his own admission, he didn't know if he was going to do that until ten minutes after voting opened. It's kind of a capstone on the underdog role I had throughout the first half of post-merge, and when things finally started to turn around.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

JOHN CENA posted:

I worked hard pregame to get an alliance together with Kupo and Boogie. I specifically targeted Kupo because I knew I could trust her since her biggest complaint was nobody worked with her in ABB3. I always knew it would take work to get to the end so when MMT came over to town to I fed her information about Scum's votes so she wouldn't waste her idol (the idol she ended up wasting anyways). If not for that things would've been a lot different prior to Steaks flip. We made sure she won coconut chop to make her feel safe with us (that was my idea BTW). I had to explain Coconut Chop to Amni and Boogie. The sad thing is the trust I showed to MMT was obviously not reciprocated and while our friendship will endure outside of the game, in game is a very different situation.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

Blindsiding Amnistar.

It felt terrible because I know he trusted me, but ultimately I didn't have confidence that I wasn't on the bottom of that alliance (and specifically after talking to Amni I felt confident that his ideal version of the finals didn't have me in it) and so I went after it when I felt I had to.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

Finally taking Amnistar out. Boogie going down isn't something I can take credit for, except in the most abstract of terms, but Amni going is me making the mother of all hail mary passes, and Steak actually catching it. By his own admission, he didn't know if he was going to do that until ten minutes after voting opened. It's kind of a capstone on the underdog role I had throughout the first half of post-merge, and when things finally started to turn around.

yeah, it didn't *actually* happen until the next cycle, but your last-minute plea certainly did save you

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

spokes was gone after i flipped

Oh ok, then it was just Pmush or Spokes. Sorry some of these tribals blend together.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

Zesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

Also, getting out of Scum tribe intact in the first place.