Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
those paper straws suck more rear end than a donkey hoover. you can only use them like one time and then you can't even chew on them without them turning to mush. the real advantage of the plastic straw was eating a burg, sucking down some bubbly sugar juice, chewing said straw flat and using it as an improvised toothpick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
not now

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

dude my turtle just died choking on a plastic straw

too soon

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I carry an engraved metal straw that I ceremoniously remove from its carved cherry wood vessel every time I order McDonald's. Sure, it holds up the drivethru line but Im saving the environment.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
My turtles Mikey and Dranklin saw this thread and told me to give you a big ole gently caress YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

If he could give you the middle finger he would

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
they're made out of some really strong paper. im impressed

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the end straws closer, darkness approaches, fog surrounds

goodbye

good bye

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't ever find them. Also, throw coca-cola down and watch it explode.

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Plastic straws are great, because I loving hate turtles.

DeathCrabForCutie fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 2, 2020

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-

Nooner posted:

Except this one.

He's beautiful.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
Why do Americans need to use straws? Are they birds?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I prefer to use nature’s straw - straw!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I have stainless steel straws with plastic tips, which is the best of both worlds.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I once saw an American try and drink from a cup, just pouring liquid in a 45 degree angle straight on his upturned face, soda streaming across his naked eyeballs. He dropped it in shock like an infant and bellowed something like 'SNAAAAAAAAAAAAW' and we were all shocked so we were like 'What?' he started running in small circles clapping and screaming 'WHUUUUUUUU SNAWWWWWWW???' and eventually someone figured it out. Straw... He needed the straw to drink, so we managed to stop him running screaming and crying and towel him off and we handed him the next cup, straw included and he just rams this thing into his face, perfect little circle cut and we were like "thats a metal straw!!" apparently the technique was to kinda ram it into the jowels and just waggle the lips around till they could do the fine manipulation his hands couldn't quite manage. Anyway he dropped that cup in shock as well and started bellowing and screaming incoherently and eventually he kinda stormed out, never saw him again.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Musharraf posted:

Why do Americans need to use straws? Are they birds?

Please post documentary evidence of birds using straws. For, uh, research purposes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nice try, Motherfucker, but you got one key detail wrong in your little story: Americans can't run.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Weka posted:

Please post documentary evidence of birds using straws. For, uh, research purposes.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
good birb

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Incitatus posted:

those paper straws suck more rear end than a donkey hoover. you can only use them like one time and then you can't even chew on them without them turning to mush. the real advantage of the plastic straw was eating a burg, sucking down some bubbly sugar juice, chewing said straw flat and using it as an improvised toothpick.

We get it, you love sucking tiny thin dicks

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Plastic genuinely is a sci-fi super-material, so it makes sense that we can't be trusted with it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

I once saw an American try and drink from a cup, just pouring liquid in a 45 degree angle straight on his upturned face, soda streaming across his naked eyeballs. He dropped it in shock like an infant and bellowed something like 'SNAAAAAAAAAAAAW' and we were all shocked so we were like 'What?' he started running in small circles clapping and screaming 'WHUUUUUUUU SNAWWWWWWW???' and eventually someone figured it out. Straw... He needed the straw to drink, so we managed to stop him running screaming and crying and towel him off and we handed him the next cup, straw included and he just rams this thing into his face, perfect little circle cut and we were like "thats a metal straw!!" apparently the technique was to kinda ram it into the jowels and just waggle the lips around till they could do the fine manipulation his hands couldn't quite manage. Anyway he dropped that cup in shock as well and started bellowing and screaming incoherently and eventually he kinda stormed out, never saw him again.

What was it like meeting the president?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
it's true, paper straws are terrible -- they force you to rush through a drink so that the straw doesn't get soggy

Nooner posted:

what a handsome boy :allears:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If you think about it, there is only one hole in each straw :rznv:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It can't suck on it, it's a bird.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

but ive been told that birds suck :confused:

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
:hellyeah: OP cardboard straws are the spawn of Satan himself

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I like the compostable ones made from plants or whatever.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Just don’t use a straw full stop you are a grown adult

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
it just seems like it's a turtle problem rather than a straw problem. like noone's saying to not throw car batteries in the ocean because whales eat them, it's perfectly safe. just astounded by the power of the turtle lobby

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Chrs posted:

Just don’t use a straw full stop you are a grown adult

What if you are quadripeligic you ableist gently caress

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
They should make disposable straws out of animal bones. Like dog legs maybe.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
They should make paper water bottles next.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Stars are good you idiots.

Curly straws are the best though.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

They should make paper water bottles next.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Incitatus posted:

chewing said straw flat and using it as an improvised toothpick.
in my mind im shielding my gums from this unwieldy straw scraping

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Bite off the ends of a Twizzler - straw. Perfect for coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I'm using a paper straw right now OP