Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My fully vaccinated uncle just tested positive. He's asymptomatic. The same thing happened to his wife in the fall before they were vaccinated. He tested negative at the time. They've had a weird experience with COVID.

Seems like they've had a pretty awesome experience with COVID, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

ram dass in hell posted:

hey stupid, genocide already happened, have fun (safely), and make sure to brag about how cool you are for being the right race to joke about genocide instead of be a victim of one

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

MadJackal posted:

All it does it turn a 95% effective vaccine into a risky choice, because if they haven’t gotten COVID yet, why should anyone take the risk of dying from a blood clot due to the vaccine?

Nobody stupid enough to think like that is worth contemplating because their reactions to anything are basically random.

MadJackal posted:

Thread Allstars are going to be so pissed off when the mortality rate doesn’t spike in two weeks after these post-vaccination restriction lifting guidelines started.

Socially distanced, mass-vaxxed communal slut juice events are coming, and magically they won’t lead to a genocide.

Does this logic apply elsewhere? Like, do you imagine meteorologists are kicking over office chairs with tears in their eyes when a big hurricane/tornado doesn't kill anyone?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

MadJackal posted:

The tide’s going against the thread consensus, OP.

Telling people they can’t change a single facet of their lives post-vaccination and should actually be wearing a Bane mask outdoors for the rest of their lives leads to less vaccination adoption and more deaths, flat out. All it does it turn a 95% effective vaccine into a risky choice, because if they haven’t gotten COVID yet, why should anyone take the risk of dying from a blood clot due to the vaccine?

If you tell people abstinence-only is the only option, people stop caring about risk reduction.

This thread isn’t the real world and it’s fun to occasionally interject with some boots on the ground reporting.

Case in point.

Your boots on the ground reporting is the best case scenario for a population center that is way ahead of the rest of the world.

To constantly tout "NONE OF YOUR OPINIONS ARE VALID IF THEY ARE NEGATIVE" is ignorant of both how you come off and the rest of the worlds view.

Like half your posts are literally juxtaposed with funeral pyres in India and yet you sit around with a completely New York view of "Well its not my personal experience so it must be inconsequential"

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 01:58 on May 2, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nomad2020 posted:

Just laughing at the consistently wrong guy, I do admire the optimism.

its funny how the stereotype of doctors being know-it-all dunning-krueger lords turns out over and over to be true

floffytoffy
Mar 10, 2007

a cat am I

inferis posted:

if you want another anecdote I wear a p100 elastomer and my allergies worse than ever and i even made an eye appointment because my vision is slightly blurrier and it seems like my floaters tripled in addition to not being able to breathe and constant fatigue

drat, that sounds terrible and I hope you can get it sorted out.

Strangelet Wave posted:

could be eye contact allergies. have him try a full mask or kn94 + goggles

Thanks, I'll suggest that possibility to him. I just realized he likes to keep the windows open at home, and there's been no difference between the severity of his allergy symptoms indoors and outdoors ever since moving to an area with more trees so uh...that might be the problem. :eng99:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
does madjackal care about what's happening in India?

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I've heard people say that this doesn't matter because they aren't homicides like cops risk and so I would just like to point out that taxi drivers are over 2 times more likely to be murdered on the job. taxi drivers probably deserve a mulligan where they can kill someone without repercussion. but only once

ROFL don't believe the hype. Majority of on the clock deaths for cops occur while driving. Makes sense since they spend so much god drat time in a car. Last time I checked the math, if you control for car related deaths, they have a fatality rate less than average.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
California has the lowest cases in the country right now, so I figured I’d drop inside a mall since I haven’t been one in forever, then I remembered that malls are boring after a certain age

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
i like to "chill" at the mall w some T Bell burritos. Under different circumstances obv

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I fend off allergies by wearing a dust mask when I mow so I can't believe an N95 wouldn't help, but maybe people have different allergies.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Steve Yun posted:

California has the lowest cases in the country right now, so I figured I’d drop inside a mall since I haven’t been one in forever, then I remembered that malls are boring after a certain age

I had to go pick something up near the mall near me and out of curiousity I drove around it. It's a very boring dystopia here. . It's being totally renovated to have the new NHL teams practice facility and a bunch more apartments n poo poo and there's a new light rail station opening right there (which is hella cool) But everything that was still open had signed all over that WERE OPEN ! im like who the gently caress risks COVID to go to Azteca and then I remembered that that particular Azteca was well known for actually getting failing food inspections so you were always taking your life in your own hands going there anyway.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
love that rear end in a top hat libs like madjackal have fully accepted that over 500 people dying a day along with thousands of others getting infected is our new normal and nothing else matters now that he’s vaccinated

like, gently caress off dude, my kids can’t get vaccinated even if they wanted to, so gently caress them I guess right?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pardot posted:

just curious, but why did he get tested?

Routine pre-surgery test. His wife found out the same way in the fall too.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ham Cheeks posted:

does madjackal care about what's happening in India?

Only if that's where he has his hinge profile set.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

Only if that's where he has his hinge profile set.

lol

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I was in the north bay (sf) riding my bike and all of the people eating brunch indoors in sausalito felt like an event happening.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
if I were a rich single male doctor in NYC I would probably also not care about anyone but myself

but instead I decided not to be a sociopath

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

You can tell exactly what madjackal's deal is since he's very carefully saying "mortality rate" rather than "number of cases" or "hospitalizations" or even "number of deaths."

It's all good if the mortality rate doesn't go up, vaccines fixed covid, open Biden.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

MadJackal posted:

Telling people they can’t change a single facet of their lives post-vaccination and should actually be wearing a Bane mask outdoors for the rest of their lives leads to less vaccination adoption and more deaths, flat out.

I'm sure that :coronatoot: will appreciate the inconvenience it poses and fucks off because we're OPENIN' ER UP!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The only facet of people's lives that matter is whether they can go to restaurants and bars so of you tell people to still avoid restaurants and bars post vaxx you are telling them that they can change nothing.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MadJackal posted:

Thread Allstars are going to be so pissed off when the mortality rate doesn’t spike in two weeks after these post-vaccination restriction lifting guidelines started.

Socially distanced, mass-vaxxed communal slut juice events are coming, and magically they won’t lead to a genocide.

wow interesting

hope no one i know dies

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Strep Vote posted:

Madjackal is an egoist and an American chauvinist which makes his perspective worthless in an international thread in the collectivist forum.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Seeing your parents does not count if it is not at a swim up pool bar at a Disneyland resort.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

slinkimalinki posted:

Weird how the harassment goons that show up always end up targeting women/enby/ trans posters.
Anyway I miss ftc and snoo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

wow interesting

hope no one else i know dies

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

isn't mass-vaxxed still gonna be like 40% at most

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hanging out with some also vaxxed friends is pointless if you do it outside somewhere and if you tell people not to do a 'how many people can cram on to a phone booth' challenge every night with all thier pals you are essentially telling them that they can't live.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raiad posted:

isn't mass-vaxxed still gonna be like 40% at most

We're already past 40% first shot and kids aren't even eligible yet.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MadJackal posted:

The tide’s going against the thread consensus, OP.

Telling people they can’t change a single facet of their lives post-vaccination and should actually be wearing a Bane mask outdoors for the rest of their lives leads to less vaccination adoption and more deaths, flat out. All it does it turn a 95% effective vaccine into a risky choice, because if they haven’t gotten COVID yet, why should anyone take the risk of dying from a blood clot due to the vaccine?

If you tell people abstinence-only is the only option, people stop caring about risk reduction.

This thread isn’t the real world and it’s fun to occasionally interject with some boots on the ground reporting.

Meh. If the MRNA vaccines are really as good as they appear to be then we should see case numbers collapse once you get more people vaxxed. And once case numbers crater you obviously can cut back on anti-covid measures, though frankly I'd keep masks as a social norm. The eradication of the flu was quite the achievement and I'd look carefully at what level of effort would be necessary to keep it that way. However at this point cases in the US are still above the first peak and deaths are only at the pretty high baseline level you had throughout the pandemic. And frankly the idea that pushing a few clowns over into the anti-vax camp because you don't promise them a treat for being good little boys and girls will end up killing more people than treating covid as over before it is over is ludicrous.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It isn't vacation if you aren't at the roulette table in Vegas so saying people shouldn't do that post vaxx until cases drop is the same as saying they never can leave their houses again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

MJ: making posts isnt the real world

also MJ: your posts are killing people

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
How dare you wear a piece of PPE thats been designed over 40+ years to be ergonomic to wear for hours at a time.

You loving idiots.

You loving rubes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Seeing your parents does not count if it is not at a swim up pool bar at a Disneyland resort.

In all fairness, a swim up pool bar does sound pretty awesome

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

apatheticman posted:

How dare you wear a piece of PPE thats been designed over 40+ years to be ergonomic to wear for hours at a time.

You loving idiots.

You loving rubes.

if you wear a mask you want everyone else to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elevons.Design
Feb 7, 2021

Post-vax #2 Pfizer + super loving stoned report. Arm is starting to hurt but it mostly feels numb. My body is learning of the enemy for the first time.