Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Thanks for the third shot tips, if I take it I have to stop the studies I’m participating in but I might feel better about my chances.

I’ll probably do it anyway since I know I had basically a non response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Still haven't gotten my HF803 from Industrial Supply. Ordered July 29th. Hell, they haven't sent a shipping confirmation/tracking number (*another goon got theirs in the mail and also never received a shipping notification).

I don't need it urgently atm. But it would be nice to have a fresh one for my housemate to use

drat, if it hasn't been shipped yet I would cancel and order one from Grainger. they have a physical location by the airport and maybe you can pick one up there.

the pictures of the filters do not represent the size of these things. I like them but they are way bigger than they look online.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

where can I order that? I am very dumb (and in the US)

here's the stuff I ordered

https://www.grainger.com/product/3M-Half-Mask-Respirator-55MY59

https://www.grainger.com/product/3M-Filter-55MY69

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

ropey, voluminous moderna shots

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

https://www.grainger.com/product/55MY59 is the 803, the 802 is their Medium size.

you want these filters: (they're slightly overkill, you've got a few options here) https://www.grainger.com/product/55MY77

these filters are P100 and are appropriate for COVID protection. they're also a lot cheaper than the gas vapor ones. If you're in a situation where there may be tear gas, the filters NippleBOB linked are better suited for that.

edit lmao it was already discussed, I should have finished that page before posting

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Burn Zone posted:

the pictures of the filters do not represent the size of these things. I like them but they are way bigger than they look online.
lol the truth
the HF-800 series is so much larger than the 7500 series
larger, heavier, yet way more comfortable :shrug:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Think Less posted:

Thank you for the serious reply. I needed blood drawn 5 years ago, and had a panic attack and passed out in the doctor's office. The pain was nothing, but the idea of needles makes me lightheaded just thinking about it.

Edit: the whole situation was stressful. I was losing my insurance after my company was bought out, and I went in to get every covered test I could before it expired.

fellow needle phobia haver, Pfizer couldn’t have been any easier and I was expecting to pass out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i got moderna and it didn't feel any different to me than any other shot i've gotten. definitely didn't feel like a golf ball's worth of liquid, so hopefully they didn't just give a fake shot or something

the punch in the arm effect is way better than the chickenpox vax rash+itchiness lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1424536053529018370?s=20

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1424618961891627010?s=20

GEE I loving WONDER WHY

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I passed out after an MRI once, I don’t have a needle phobia as I give myself shots but what gets me is the blood draws and IVs whenever they don’t get it in the first try. The times I’ve blacked out or nearly blacked out is when the nurse went digging for the vein which is what happened before the MRI.

I’ve since demanded no more trainees or whatever, only the experienced nurses can put in an IV. They always try to shame me “but how will they learn” we’ll they can dig in someone else’s arm and bruise them not me.

Also, kids kn94 masks are selling out fast everywhere. Behealthy is out of bluna and botn, kollecteusa was cheaper for the bluna even with shipping and they had them in stock. I bought 100 for the kiddo to ride out this winter and spring.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

Also, kids kn94 masks are selling out fast everywhere. Behealthy is out of bluna and botn, kollecteusa was cheaper for the bluna even with shipping and they had them in stock. I bought 100 for the kiddo to ride out this winter and spring.
loving a!
yeah i ordered another 100 for my kid two weeks ago, glad that kollect still as them in stock

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Desuck it, Desantis

edit: going on a cruise when there’s an r0=8 virus out there is stupid but at least this is less stupid and will hopefully put the squeeze on more people to get vaccinated

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
nurses and techs constantly gently caress up my arm whenever I need to get blood drawn it's ridiculous. even when I was super skinny and you could easily see my veins right through my arm they'd just blast the needle wherever the hell they wanted

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Steve Yun posted:

Desuck it, Desantis

edit: going on a cruise when there’s an r0=8 virus out there is stupid but at least this is less stupid and will hopefully put the squeeze on more people to get vaccinated

Our boats may leak poop but it’s not covid poop

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

nurses and techs constantly gently caress up my arm whenever I need to get blood drawn it's ridiculous. even when I was super skinny and you could easily see my veins right through my arm they'd just blast the needle wherever the hell they wanted

Cool, I’m not the only one. I’ve had nurses blow my veins left and right, literally. Went to the hospital a while back for gal-stone pain and I felt the nurse just taking forever to get a needle in me, I finally look over to see what the gently caress is going on and there is just blood everywhere, lol.

Like I wish they could just tell me what the poo poo is wrong with me so I could warn the next nurse.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol not only are they vague on whether she changed her mind about vaccinations, the piece reinforces the wife's belief that jesus can miracle your loved one out of having 90% of their lungs destroyed

i'm sure the final 'miracle' after countless hours of healthcare intervention will be taking donated lungs from someone who deserved it way more

and he'll still end up a vegetable begging for death

Durf has issued a correction as of 08:23 on Aug 9, 2021

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Our boats may leak poop but it’s not covid poop

(some of it is covid poop)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

If one more mother fucker tells me to avoid poorly ventilated areas when I have to go to work tomorrow I swear to fuckin god

Google Butt has issued a correction as of 08:19 on Aug 9, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Consummate Professional posted:

where can I order that? I am very dumb (and in the US)

Redundant

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Elea posted:

There was a picture of Chinese people stocking up on supplies to prepare for a lockdown and they were all wearing crappy surgical masks.

Would be smart for governments to provide some basic emergency supplies, including good masks, before a pandemic even struck. As we know from Faucis emails though, our "science-based" CDC didn't even believe they worked initially.

The CDC has the same scientific model as the average chud, whixh is that there's no way to know anything unless it happens to me personally.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/dremilyportermd/status/1424175030758518786https://twitter.com/traumamom4/status/1423644246981103618https://twitter.com/justthefacts85/status/1423853276735283200

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Elea posted:

There was a picture of Chinese people stocking up on supplies to prepare for a lockdown and they were all wearing crappy surgical masks.

Would be smart for governments to provide some basic emergency supplies, including good masks, before a pandemic even struck. As we know from Faucis emails though, our "science-based" CDC didn't even believe they worked initially.

They knew perfectly goddamn well they worked, they just didn't want people to hoard them and literally the only trick in their book is Lie To People 'For Their Own Good'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
man maybe someone should do something about all this

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

As someone who also has triggered-by-blood vasovagal response and has passed out before, the Pfizer shot was no biggie at all. I looked away when they did the shot and didn't feel anything.

Protip for anyone who's passed out or had a rough time ever getting their blood drawn or anything else - tell the nurses beforehand about it and ask (usually they'll tell you) to lie down. This wasn't really relevant for the vaccine shot due to how it's set up but it works in doctor's offices otherwise.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Iverron posted:

fellow needle phobia haver, Pfizer couldn’t have been any easier and I was expecting to pass out

Good to know. I'm getting the Pfizer as well

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
oh yeah also speaking as a person who has trouble with getting poked for bloodwork, I didn't feel the needle for the moderna vaccine at all. Didn't even notice it, only thing I noticed was the liquid felt kinda high pressure or something, i guess cause there's a lot. I also didn't feel any side effects at all until multiple hours after the first shot.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Let's see how the Philippines is doing:

looks bad, folks!

___

I did pick up on something else:

https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1424555187402723328

According to this, the incubation period of Delta is not significantly different from wild-type, or if anything is somewhat shorter (but not even a whole day shorter on average)

to be clear, incubation period here is defined as "the period of time from infection to illness onset"

generation time is defined as "the interval between infection of the primary case and secondary cases"

and serial interval is defined as "the interval between the onset of symptoms in a primary case and secondary cases"

___

there's another interesting chart from the full paper:

they measured an R value of 3 at the start of the outbreak on May 27, peaking at an R value of 3.5 over the next three days.

by June 7, they had driven the R value below 1.0, and kept it there. That's 11 days between May 27 to June 7, so any kind of NPI mandate has to last at least that long to have any kind of meaningful effect, and then obviously has to be enforced for much longer while cases continue to be driven down. But, in my opinion, it's almost certainly going to take longer than 11 days for anyone else to do this if their lockdown isn't as strict.

___

The full paper from the Chinese CDC is here:

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article/doi/10.46234/ccdcw2021.148

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Maybe the sign from Jesus was...the vaccine itself.

I hate people.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

They knew perfectly goddamn well they worked, they just didn't want people to hoard them and literally the only trick in their book is Lie To People 'For Their Own Good'

lol nah, that's the excuse fauci used and everyone just bought it.

he's flip flopped on everything like double masking, booster shots, shutdowns, etc

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Google Butt posted:

If one more mother fucker tells me to avoid poorly ventilated areas when I have to go to work tomorrow I swear to fuckin god

Punching holes in walls is a way to ventilate an area.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

its infuriating how many innocent people who did everything they were supposed to are going to die because the icus are all clogged up with dipshit covid deniers

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

its infuriating how many innocent people who did everything they were supposed to are going to die because the icus are all clogged up with dipshit covid deniers

they’re clogged because of hospital administrators under capitalism not because of covid deniers

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

the punch in the arm effect is way better than the chickenpox vax rash+itchiness lol

the bruise from my 2nd pfizer shot was kinda brutal, wrapped around my entire forearm

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

What "they were supposed to do" changed by the day according to the CDC dartboard method of pandemic management.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

just imagine dodging covid for 2 years and then having a heart attack and dying because the nearest open icu bed is like 600 miles away lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

LionArcher posted:

and you are wrong on so many levels. Chomsky had that interview that was quoted earlier in the thread explaining why trump the worst president in history. Look. I voted for Biden. At the time I was all for the lesser of two evils. At the start of his presidency, he honestly did pretty good. Is he sucking right now with all of this? Of course he is. But a lot of his policies have been or were far more progressive than Obama, and less than a year in calling him the worst of anything is just melodramatic sniveling bullshit.

do I think Biden is good? God no. The climate change thread officially broke me from having any delusions about any of that and any future presidential candidates. But Trump certainly cost us I’m guessing at least 10 years of pretending things were fine while they are not.

More delusional than anti-vaxxers

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

empty whippet box posted:

man maybe someone should do something about all this

no

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Well if Chomsky said it I guess that's settled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

LionArcher posted:

Chomsky had that interview that was quoted earlier in the thread explaining why trump the worst president in history. Look. I voted for Biden.

lol