Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Literally the only president who could have gotten republicans to wear masks is George W Bush and only right after 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

what’s the best way to learn Mandarin for someone who is tone deaf

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://twitter.com/BarbraStreisand/status/1277736920739708929?s=19

Imagine what the world would be like if mothering instincts alone were enough to tell people what to do to prevent disease.

just give me the virus already Jesus Christ

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

If I wasn’t confident that China was gonna invade Taiwan in the next decade I might consider moving there. Maybe I could be friends with that guy who plays Pokémon go on 40 phones.

fake edit: just remembered China will be in prime to position to invade the US in the next decade too

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Hey my wife is too

:respek:

what the gently caress I went upstairs for 10 minutes and mine is too

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

We went to Shenandoah today and all the picnic grounds were full with cars and people. No one was wearing masks and groups were spaced maybe 3 feet apart. The hiking trails were maybe 50:50 mask:no mask. RIP.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

My in laws decided we would have a 4th of July party at our house and combine it with the four July family birthdays.

we wouldn’t let anyone in the house, but I also refused to go outside and talk to anyone. Some CHUD family told my wife not to worry because this is just the 19th version of the flu (get it - covid 19)

she kicked them out.

lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

the gofundme for her broken finger will be five figures by tomorrow

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Tuesday numbers are going to be bad im thinking

can someone put a coronavirus into the “I’m thinkin I’m back” scene in John wick

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Mourne posted:

Oh god goons, please help me.

my wife’s grandmother just died earlier today. I need to book a hotel room for about three nights and there are people flying in from Miami FL, Raleigh NC, and some place from AZ. wake, funeral, and indoor church service are planning to be held.

gently caress.

pretend you are sick

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I legit think the public will go against the teachers , because the strike will be spun as teachers unwilling to take a health risk whereas doctors did, and teachers will try to say they're trying to keep parents safe but half the parents are gonna be forced to be at service jobs anyways

It will be interesting because parents presumably will finally understand what it is like to deal with kids day in day out while trying to get them to learn. At the same time it’s everyone’s daycare and if we have learned anything so far during this pandemic it’s that no one gives a poo poo about it anyone else’s well being.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

i tried to crank one out after being in the cardiac icu for 2 weeks but forgot that the nurses could see my heart rate and vitals thru wireless telemetry while in the bathroom. that was an awkward conversation when they came in to check on me. Get it in before being ventilated I say

lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

hail Caesar

edit: gently caress

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

:eyepop:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

papersack posted:

Just saw a family member check in to Disneyworld on Facebook. And they're supposed to be one of the smart ones in the family. Non-chud. RIP

it’s incredible that even “smart” people consider things are safe just because they are open lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Florida is really gonna make it’s last stand when a category 5 hurricane hits in like 4 weeks lol.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

covid thread, I know this isn't the pets forum but gently caress it, a ray of sunshine in this bleak world just happened - my neighbors moved to houston(7 hours away) six weeks ago. The day they moved one of their cats got out. They stayed 10 hours trying to find her and had to leave. They drove back TWICE trying to find her in the two weeks after they moved. It's been over 6 weeks since the cat was seen or spotted. My wife and I have looked for her EVERY SINGLE DAY since then.

Two days ago she showed up on my porch and I stayed up for 36 hours trying to devise a way to get her. I just finally trapped her and got her in the house and have her in the back and her owners are on their way from houston to get her. I'm SO loving HAPPY RIGHT NOW, they were HEARTBROKEN over this and it's just really loving nice to have something good happen in this hellworld for once. I cannot even loving imagine how it will feel to get their baby back after six weeks of her being gone. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I'm loving wigging out right now

this is the best news of 2020 thank you

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

when do the next round of riots start

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Volcott posted:

This thread has been great for seeing which way the wind is blowing, and I credit it with getting masks 'n' beans when this all started, but Jesus Christ does reading it for a couple of days send my anxiety through the roof.

it’s a train wreck I can’t look away even though it’s killin h me lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

snoo posted:

read this thread and the climate change thread back to back

I can only read one cspam thread at a time. I had a three week break from corona to read the cool zone now I’m back here

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I like that they think people will think there is a tangible difference between very high and severe

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Frequent Handies posted:

This is the first time I've watched a cable news clip in full in quite some time, is this what it's like now? The host and guest literally just talk over each other the entire time and questions are never answered? ffs, that was impossible to listen to.

been like that since 2003 lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hello yes page 900 how is today's numbers?

it will be the same as the # of pages in this thread keep posting everyone

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Mmann posted:

They took my temperature at work and it was 100.3 so they had me hold an icepack on my head until the scanner would come up 98.
and then because I didn't have a fever I had to report for my shift.

I went home to check my temperature on my lunch and it was normal, and has been normal ever since, and I have also tested negative multiple times before this so I think it was just their cheap uncalibrated temp gun. but now I know even the thin layer of screening is a joke and it makes me realize I'm going to get it from work eventually because I'm the only one who wears a mask on the regular.

lmao Jesus Christ

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

pancake rabbit posted:

15108 in texas today lmao :crackping:

holee poo poo

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Having a hell of a time copying and pasting for some reason so:
https://twitter.com/DebBRVA/status/1284116015723487232?s=19

I’m pretty sure this was the company that was claiming 100% accuracy and 100% sensitivity lol

edit: yea they were sued too https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/06/15/investor-sues-maker/

quote:

The lawsuit alleges that Co-Diagnostics’ stock prices rose due to the company’s claim that its coronavirus test showed 100% sensitivity in multiple evaluations — “a staggering claim that appeared to set Co-Diagnostics apart from other competitors developing COVID-19 tests,” the lawsuit states.

Co-Diagnostics did not immediately respond to The Tribune's request for comment.

The biotech company made the claims about its test accuracy in a news release May 1, the day after The Tribune reported data showing that TestUtah was producing positive results at less than half the rate of Utah’s other test sites, even when including only patients with symptoms.

As various investor publications repeated the company’s release claiming 100% accuracy, the company’s stock continued to rise, reaching an all-time high of $29.72 on May 14 — “an extraordinary climb from its $0.8952 year-end 2019 price,” the lawsuit states.

“As a result of this misrepresentation and the influx of taxpayer dollars to Co-Diagnostics, the company’s stock soared — until it crashed,” the lawsuit states.

On May 14, The Tribune reported that TestUtah had declined to join other Utah labs in an experiment to check the accuracy of one another’s coronavirus tests.

On the same day in Iowa, where the companies behind TestUtah are running a similar testing system, state officials announced that a public lab there had done its own experiment, finding "95% accuracy for determining positives and 99.7% accuracy for determining negatives."

The difference between 95 and 100% accuracy "can have momentous adverse consequences if Co-Diagnostics’ tests are used on a widespread basis, as intended," the lawsuit states.

During the day, Co-Diagnostics stock price dropped more than 38% within a few hours, according to the lawsuit. That afternoon, the company’s scheduled quarterly earnings call was flummoxed by an apparent technical glitch, leaving investors to listen to a cacophony of background noise, such as barking dogs, swearing and intermittent calliope music. The stock price had fallen again to $15.80 when the market opened the next day, the lawsuit states.

slave to my cravings has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Jul 17, 2020

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Red Baron posted:

you have until September as IIRC that’s when their funding runs out

just in time for mail in ballots yessss

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

Weird

Trader Joes has been like the sole store i've been to that takes it very seriously and professionally. every other place is just a messy free for all or some half-assed 'capacity limits' at the door but you can often just walk right in

Costco is as bad as ever lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

countin covid on the wall
that don’t bother me at all
postin’ ‘lol’ til dawn
with states of 50 plus one

smoking cigarettes and watching captain kangaroo
now don’t telll me
I’ve nothin to do

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Azathoth posted:

rbg but only if biden wins AND it happens during the lame duck session and mcconnell just rams through some 40 year old chudge

this is the word of the lord

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I remember a class mate of mine flipped his care blind drunk going 80 on residential roads. it shook us at the time but yeah, that's a good way for 16 year olds to die abruptly.

it is actually required by law in most states that every high school have this happen at least once every 4 years

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Fauci threw out the first pitch of the mlb season, he basically endorsed it

yea lol it was so dumb

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Whether it’s close to being done or not (it won’t be) he will call a big press conference on Oct 29 saying that the vaccine is complete and it works 100% and no one in the press will question him at all and just believe everything he says lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

drat who could have thought a loophole would beat the virus

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

the one and only

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

sleep with the vicious posted:

Someone tell me about this Russia vaccine

the funniest outcome is that it works really well and trump arranges to get a bunch of it for free and coasts to re-election

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Basic Poster posted:

Welp. My doctor wife who travels is coming home with the gnarliest cough I've ever heard her have by a long shot. On day 1 of cough she took a test which was negative. And is now convinced she doesn't have it and is coming home anyway. After she spent the last few days around her elderly parents and friends, coughing on them saying..."it's fine guys, I took a test.

Nice knowing you guys.

:rip:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Social Dissonance posted:

holy poo poo does someone wipe your rear end and feed you for you to have this little brain mass to not understand how hosed up this virus is that it can still linger around and flare up

maybe a cat coughed on someone who the gently caress knows, but id do anything to live in a country that managed a 100 day streak of no community spread

seriously get the gently caress out of this thread and go outside to deep throat door knobs or eating lead paint or whatever the gently caress you do for fun

wasn’t there a study a few weeks back that says covid can cause brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Gio posted:

MI public schools start the day after labor day. next week is usually the week we’d go back for professional developments, planning, room set-up etc.

it’s going to be all virtual, though admin were pretty determined to have it in person. they were determined to have teachers go into the building when teaching virtually, too, but something spooked must’ve spooked them - they wouldnt have backed down were it not for teachers/parents complaining, someone testing positive etc. (keep in mind this is a non-union charter, though we generally follow the lead of the a couple neighboring public districts.)

regardless, first 30 days are all online. a decision will be made after that.

when/if students come in person, their plan is insane and i’m not sure how it’s supposed to work. we’re going to have A, B, and C groups. so A is all virtual, B is 2-days IRL, and C is 4-days IRL. friday is the designated DEEP CLEANING day and will be virtually for everyone.

i will have students in all three groups. no idea how i’m supposed to have the same expectations for students in all these groups, but ok whatever.

other things of note...

- we’re still going through with standardized testing
- kids will still eat in the lunchroom at more staggered times
- i was exposed to a Covid positive person back in March. O_O

lol at standardized testing