Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

s0j posted:

haven't been to this thread much since covid ended. what's shakin'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol if you don't already have a tp mountain

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zil posted:

*sigh*

Just found out my mom went out to get a haircut and dye job today and didn't wear a mask.

Explaining to her how stupid that was right now.

if anything you should have told her to get it day 1, before the hairdresser catches it and becomes infectious lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

COVID-420 posted:

:stonk:

TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

1. California +3,600 *NEW RECORD*
2. Texas +2,080 *NEW RECORD*
3. Arizona +1,579 *NEW RECORD*
4. New York +1,464
5. Florida +1,305

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fknlo posted:

I, being part of the problem, did a quick trip from Denver to KC to visit a friend before this poo poo really kicks off again. I drove out Wednesday. Most people were wearing masks, including gas station workers. I drove back today. I'm the only motherfucker that had a mask at all my stops. I don't know what changed in 2 days, but this poo poo is gonna get so wild.

this poo poo is the funniest part, mask are so last month

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snoo posted:

I am never gonna stop wearing a mask

I don't know if or when I'd ever feel comfortable in a restaurant or similar space again lmao I can't believe we're opening it all up

haha hahaha

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

inhaling bleach fumes is absolute cowardice, to only be willing to go halfway

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

goddamn, america owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

We're gonna have mass graves filled with cops across the US because none of those idiots are wearing masks and they're working some wild long shifts right now. It's gonna be like the hospital staff dropping dead of overwork, except cops are beating people, not saving them.

their insatiable need to beat people resulting in them killing themselves in great numbers truly owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

That's one way to turn Texas blue.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

It's getting harder for me to give a poo poo and wear a mask because most people have given up or aren't bothering so you feel a little bit more like a weirdo being the only one at the pharmacy wearing a mask. Still the risk of exposing my family to it keeps me honest.

wearing a mask gives you an excuse to do the bain voice, which is all the reason I need

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
You can't shut down the economy again! You will regret this!

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1271077312243683329

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

In the Sydney Morning Herald today

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The pandemic's over. It's an endemic now.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

we had someone come into the restaurant tonight with their own bottle of sanitizer and a ragcloth. she wiped down the entire table and all the seats before sitting her family down. (we sanitize the gently caress out of these tables in between customers, but whatever).

she wasn't wearing a mask. none of her family were

Paradoxish posted:

A lot of people legit don't understand how any of this works and it's actually sad because that's the result of a worthless government and super poor media messaging

it owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

orange sky posted:

Hope this hasn't been posted yet, but what the gently caress if true

https://twitter.com/GermHunterMD/status/1271680355104243712?s=19

i mean not too crazy that it persist on PPE, that it deactivates so quickly on cotton pwns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ruggan posted:

homemade masks only

wonder if moisture effects it, so mask which have huge amount of breathing going through it persist longer than say fomites on your jeans

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think that that's surprising. Remember the study a few months ago that found that the virus persisted for a long time on smooth metal surfaces but died quickly on cardboard?

Rough surfaces expose it more to the air which dries it out, and I expect the absorption properties of cardboard/cotton also suck moisture from the shell and expose the virus

yeah this makes sense

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Jun 13, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Live Free posted:

I really wish we could just go back to lockdown I don't want to get covid.

smdh, Just goes to show you. Our grandfathers are charging into those bars & restaurants, with exquisitely cut hair, enjoying life. This cowardly millennial generation is weeping & moping about the flu!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

So I guess the question is the reduced protection from a cotton mask due to filtration worth the trade-off in comparison to an n95? Or maybe a single layer cotton mask over an n95?

lol the cotton is just useful for fomites, having a respirator will always be better. Doesn't matter if its slathered in covid, just store it and sanitize your hands, bing bong. hand sanitizer ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Also it makes me curious about these, I have some on the way: https://n95maskco.com/collections/n95-masks/products/respokare-niosh-n95-respirator-mask-4-pack

They claim that their outer layer traps and absorbs droplets and destabilizes them with an acidic coating

I looked this up and its astounding they went through the effort of making the mask, getting it certified & then they just put it on a website that looks like a scam. goddamn lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

True, but it seems legit? I could be wrong but I hope they are considering I just bought 4 for 60 lol

Someone smarter than me please make a legitness assessment

they are legit as far as I can tell, that's what is so astounding about it. They should have hosted it directly from Innonix or w/e lol. instead they made the website like 4 months ago lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if somebody is giving me free tickets to legoland, i don't give a drat im going. america can kiss my rear end

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

love all the people justifying their internal desire to OPEN ER UP by saying that friends/relatives are making them do it

Its like the titantic, you can keep partying in 2nd/3rd class and drown like a real american or fall from the stern and be chopped in half by the ship propeller :911:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Philosopher King posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going. Pregnant wife also wants to go to get out of the house.

I'm very much outvoted here and even if I told my family they couldn't go we'd already be compromised by these in laws, and the other grandchildren.

Kinda that too.

Look you gotta understand Americans literally will kill themselves if they are forced to stay indoors 24/7, they're not goons. They don't have that power. The productive process is to manage their risk, not eliminate it. Get em mask, sanitizer, what have you.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

legoland owned bitch lmao gently caress you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*princess elsa voice* legooooo, legooooo, legooo to lego land

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Unless those kids stop seeing eachother its all sorta moot in my view, if they're goin to legoland now, you know they're playin fast & loose to begin with. ergo it probably doesn't make much of a difference in my view imo, mask em up.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr. Pizza posted:

rip 2 ur fam

this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
standing athwart legoland yelling stop

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Went to check the Villages forums to see if they have any spicy updates. I didn't see any but I think we could use the same stickys here?

the villages has a loving training camp thread for their lurkers, badass

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

honestly, thinking it over, it's remarkable how slowly this has spread given the initial R0 numbers combined with the method of transmission (aerosols)

we have "only" 7.85 million official cases in half a year. given the initial r0 of 5.47 I would've expected us to be in the dozens of millions by now

twiv mentioned this ages ago about how transmission is really not the most well studied, how one guy going through an area for 5 seconds managed to infect like 7 people (diff disease) but others can stay around for ages and not infect anybody. I'm sure it's all partly chance/probability but yeah it's not even close to the doomsday, flesh melting off bone, it appeared initially. Probably just the difficulty of studying, reliably, transmission across air.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

I cast "brain fog" on America

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I got in a huge argument with my wife today because she hates not being able to see my face under a mask when we were at a nature center. It has a few loops and she said because we're hundreds of feet away from people most of the time no need for a mask because it's over 6 feet as experts say and outdoors isn't a big spread

I said because we passed other groups a dozen times with less than a foot apart you need the mask on at all times

I got accused of being anti science akin to young earth creationists and I'm still angry

my wife didn't care who i was till i put on the mask

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zeriel posted:

lock herd up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lib status: owned

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pump Jockey posted:

I work at a college, and my department is letting the faculty choose whether they want to hold their fall classes in person or online. It’s split straight down party lines, with all of the chud teachers choosing in person.

It'll be interesting to see how they get filled, imagine turning down online classes as a student lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

undertaker but he doesn't get up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I used to just trudge through allergies and didn't give a gently caress then I looked online and i saw generic claritin was like 12 dollars for a years worth, what the fuckkkk