Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

coronavirus is mega doo-doo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im glad that with the riots cooling down somewhat i could come back to my ancestral home, the roni thread, and get caught up. got those beans, ready for wave 2 of roni followed by wave 2 of riots.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

How are people actually catching the virus? Would be nice to see some data around the known vectors of transmission, and what percentage of infections came from unknown sources. Shouldn't be that loving hard but the dumbest people in the world seem to be in charge everywhere.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol the same day that the Dow drops 6.9%

We live in a simulation that's actively loving with us

nice.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

so it was Judge Ray Jones's idea and he thought nobody would realize what he ordered to be done

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

warm weather will kill it guys, and besides its just the flu

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i want to get off dr roni's wilde ride

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I usually get allergies but this year im feeling great for no reason, after a flu-like illness in January

coincidence?!??! probably

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

there is no turning back for Arizona (or any of us)...if they were to actually do anything it wouldn't take effect for three weeks so that trajectory is gonna keep increasing. lol.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

:lmao:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"We can't stop living..." I say as everyone around me dies.

"Learn to live with this thing..." I sputter in my last moments

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

At what point does this tragedy swing into straight up genocide?

as soon as capital realizes it's mostly black and brown people who get severe disease, so mid-April

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Lol, no. You're still sitting in an enclosed space with strangers for long periods of time which is an idiotic thing to do if you don't have to. if you absolutely have to be waited on or you'll die or something at least go to a place with a patio and go during off hours.

but i need people to see that im being served just as much as i need to be served. my life depends on it and we have to go on living.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Lmao this is a troll right? Because that's the exact mindset that this thread spends hundreds of pages mocking. Because it is a very stupid mindset that deserves to be mocked.

relax bro, it's just the flu, plus everybody has been quarantined for months and washing their hands all the time. masks don't work, the surgeon general said so, and they wouldn't open gyms and restaurants if it wasnt safe.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

How is America real?

just close ur eyes

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

70% of the population is 209 million

Assuming we're already at 180,000 deaths now at 7% of the population affected...

180,000 x 10 = 1.8 million dead total before herd immunity

So if we're underestimating/hiding bodies by a third, when the official numbers say 1.2 million we'll be there

At a rate of 1000 deaths/day, we'll be there in....1,080 days...2.95 years...

Yowza!

Don't forget that at some point we will probably see exponential growth again so it'll probably take less time than that. Once a certain percentage of the population is infected it will be impossible not to get exposed.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

We will need to redo the census

did the census actually happen already or did we just not

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

snoo posted:

FORTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS

if we gave everybody money why would anyone work?? we need people to work. work makes you free.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

florida will be the first state to really try and see if a collapse can occur

love it

who could have known

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Didn't florida get a ton of resources when ny was literally dying?

yes and they were put to use with a great deal of forethought and consideration

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

That's me with the Covid
That's me with pneumonia
Losing my lung function

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

these dumb guys should be saying no lives matter instead of all lives matter

at least be honest about how you feel

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

hell yeah

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

remember when the trump admin refused the WHO roni tests and instead decided to go with the broken test from the CDC provided by a company trump owns stock in? that was right around the time they let all the people from the plague ship wander around san fran or whatever and then go back to their home cities.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

i don’t understand the correlation between coins and Corona? :confused:

shouldn’t people be using cash even less

are coins being hoarded or something

i hoarded all the change so i could swim in it scrooge mcduck style

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

We're finding too many cases: slow the testing down please! Thank You!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

30,000 per taxpayer would change a lot of lives for the better. Of course we didn't do that, because you can't let "those people" have free money.

It's funny that this is all it would probably take to solve literally all the problems in the country for a couple of years.

Might cause others too but most of our existing problems could be solved that simply.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

every thing is fine bro......just the flu bro....

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bernie Panders posted:

I had a beer outside at a bar and it was nice

it's really starting to look like the transmission risk outside isn't all that bad, so you may not get the plague for your insolence

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

it’s hard to say because they count returning residents as community spread, so everything is community spread. they say they’ve traced all the outbreaks to previously known cases though.

it's funny how back in march the idea was that testing could be used for contact tracing and subsequent isolation of contacts, but the mainland US decided not to do any of that and the testing has to ramp up 100-fold to even make a marginal difference

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The solstice has passed
Case counts are rising again
It's just the flu, bro

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

spending 600b for a tax-write off vacation tax credit is 100% stupid enough to happen

many americans about to learn the critical art of "let's not and say we did" when filing taxes next year

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

more americans dead than in WWI just so some assholes could have jalapeno poppers. life means nothing in this country.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

that's not gonna be enough to shock people out of their revelry, so I guess every single day of july is going to be people continuing to superspread until it finally catches up to us in august

wonder if we will hit the endemic/herd immunity stage by the end of the year

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

wonder if trump will brag about only 1m dead during the campaign and the argument is over whether 1m or 3m died

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

toes are red
fingers are blue
don't be a pussy, bro
it's just the flu

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

fosborb posted:

lol i ate a sixer for poetry poo poo posting today itt

fuckin worth it

i was thinking about that post all day

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Xaris posted:

sams club is where the real disgusting white boomers go to

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

zegermans posted:

I heard a debunking about the rising pneumonia numbers that says that people can report multiple reasons for death, so the pnuemonias are actually just accidental double-counts of existing covid, instead of covered up covid deaths

any truth to that

search within yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, NOT GET MY HALLOWEEN STUFF?? REALLY???