Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish government spent a fuckload of money on test sites accessible to everyone across the country that have so far discovered only 458 cases from 128,000 tests. Probably a poor use of resources that could've been spent on more effective measures.

They're also giving a whopping $150 stimulus check to welfare recipients and other low-income groups while businesses get a $60bn recovery package. "Socially balanced," as they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

183,020 new confirmed cases globally.

In 24 hours.

Cool, cool, cool.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Great Satan bought all the Remdesivir?!? :stonkhat:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

212,000 new confirmed cases globally in 24 hours.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I remember thinking similarly about Boris Johnson.

Boris hadn't been stabbed through a lung.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Over one million new cases globally in the past five days.

Really excited to enter into make-work just ahead of our projected second wave! Death to all things.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Also, there were fourth and fifth grade students testing positive within two weeks of Danish schools reopening, despite strict social distancing measures, handwashing regimes and outdoors teaching.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jeanine Añez has it. :toot:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jisforjosh posted:

"there's so many major points for failure" should replace In God We Trust on our money

E Pluribus Covid

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Glad to learn the make-work place has only had three regular employees test positive so far (with nine tested). No masks, but there's sanitizer and voluntary distancing. :)

Mayor Dave posted:

I thought he quit

Away on business.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Border to Germany opened up and my parents, who're 69 and 70, thought it was high time for a vacation. Bought their first batch of masks since they were mandatory. Everyone there wears them, basically nobody in Denmark does. Granted, they went to a town that hasn't had any new cases since May, but goddamn, I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Covering your face in public is literally illegal in Denmark and the penalty for doing it in a gathering was doubled after COVID-19 emerged. There are exemptions, but that is dependent on cops being familiar with the law and :lol:. It was only last week the Health Authority started politely suggesting that perhaps people should buy some masks if they wanted to, no pressure.

The other day a store clerk informed my mom that masks don't work so she might as well take it off.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

New infections doubled over two weeks here to a total of 240 last week, most of them in Copenhagen. The Unity List proposed mandatory masks for public transit and nobody is having it. Starting to see a surge in "Muh freedoms!" MAGA-like resistance to the idea on social media. Why are people so loving stupid?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

"a total of 240" lol that's a rounding error here. can you even imagine?

Yeah, they're tiny babby numbers in comparison, but we also locked down hard before it got out of hand and people aren't willing to do that again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

46 new cases in the past 24 hours. Last week we had 240 total, almost all of them in the capital. PM currently being attacked in the media for ordering lockdown back in March instead of following the Swedish model.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SARS-CoV-2: "Social distance this."

Viable virus aerosols at up to 4.8m (15.7 ft). :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-latest-airborne-aerosol-outbreaks-social-distancing-a9667706.html

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Large increase in positive cases. PM is blaming immigrants, specifically Somalis. Metro in Copenhagen has been using ineffective sanitiser (as in, not approved for killing viruses) for nearly 2 months and masks have only just become mandatory on public transportation.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Durf posted:

FYI this is based on a BBC series which has 2 seasons and is really good

apparently the amazon production was a bit of a shitshow and I don't have any interest rly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VGtX9xfh0

C-SPAM climate thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIKu0pQVJFE

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

spaceblancmange posted:

loving American brainworm virus.

Holy MAGA roni.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Started make-work today. 30 minutes in a dude explains that nobody gives a gently caress there, if you get sick you get sick and just stay home(???). Sanitiser in a few places, no masks, people shake hands, handle the same equipment and don't distance at all. 50+ employees and hundreds of customers a day.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Several Danish municipalities are making administrative staff WFH for two weeks because of a large uptick in infections.

Employees in regular contact with the public will be working as normal.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"Rescind mask order for public transit, because we aren't sure they work and they may be detrimental if they do, as this one hypothesis posits that a little bit of virus will act as a natural vaccine."

That's a new one. And the dude's a doctor.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

yeah a lot of people are realizing that COVID is a great chance to cull a lot of the poorer and marginalized people they view as useless leeches so they are encouraging stuff like this to maximize the body count

He's an Associate Professor at the Copenhagen University Department of Public Health and looks close to 60. :lol:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Shats Basoon posted:

"Why didn't you tell people I was a moron earlier?" Isn't a good point coming from Trump and you do not have to *reluctantly* give him a point for it

It's not so much moronic as it is criminally evil, but it's a good point that Woodward should've released the tapes instead of waiting for 200K deaths to boost book sales.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The funny bit about the Trump tape is that all the people attacking Trump are still quoting his numbers. "Almost 200k" not, 300k+. In 2024 it's gonna be "Trump lied, 300k died!" when 3 million Americans are dead.

Sorry, I've lost track, I just go by the dude posting city populations ITT.

Admiral Ray posted:

It's not a good point, it's a manipulation technique to get people to shift their anger away from him. Bob Woodward isn't the president, trump is. Trump is the one that called it a hoax, that it doesn't effect young people, that it's a weapon from China.

Who's shifting anger away from him? He's still responsible. But Woodward had an audio recording of him admitting it was deliberate.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dustcat posted:

even if you believe this, saying it out loud is lending support to trump, because that's trump's actual current argument: that the thousands of needless deaths are really woodward's fault, since he didn't release the evidence that he, trump, was knowingly causing them

No, Trump's argument is explicitly that Woodward didn't do that because there's nothing wrong with it and nothing could've been done to prevent these deaths - exactly the opposite of what those calling out Woodward are saying.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I mean, they're chud lives though

They can transmit it to others, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Please don't kill yourself.

FAUXTON posted:

lmao how would that even work

Gotta play it by ear, it's one of the senses still available to them.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Who could've foreseen this when we sent the kids back to school and opened 'er up? Now Copenhagen is pleading with parliament to restrict nightlife mere weeks after bars and clubs were allowed to open, predictably it's been a prominent source of infection.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Post more black cats (the best cats). I'm going back to the plague shop tomorrow unless I want to lose my only source of income, kitties take the edge off my abyssal dread.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

snake and bake posted:

I don't have a black cat anymore, sadly. I hope you will accept this fat little dumpling of a cat instead. Her name is Princess Buttersworth. I am not sure how to describe her color. She is an every-color patchwork calico tabby cat. I am pretty sure the only thought that ever exists in her mind is "Can I eat it?" Her favorite hobby is stealing and eating a loaf of bread.

She is acceptable. :hai:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zeroisanumber posted:

Here's Hamilton telling me it's time for lunch.

That's a great cat. I think he might be a vampire, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Another day at the plague shop. A coworker threw a fit that he had to put on a mask to pick up his lunch. Not because he didn't have one available—like four people immediately offered him one—but because he flatly refused to wear one, ever, for any reason.

He's the guy who's been instructing me. Cool, cool, cool.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just shy of a thousand people gathered in front of the Danish parliament today to masklessly protest masks and vaccines.

For reference:

There were 589 positives today.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Media picture here is changing. People are little idiot babies fed up with having to wear masks and show consideration, so the Swedes we lambasted months ago for letting COVID-19 burn through nursing homes are now being portrayed as having done the smart thing (I can't stress how atypical that is). Lots of "Herd immunity is working" and "They died with COVID-19" going around, as well as celebrities sharing loving David Icke videos. Nobody seemingly realises that Sweden has had more restrictions in place of late than we have and have managed like nine times as many deaths over the course of the pandemic.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, it is roughly equivalent to American media talking about what a great job North Korea has been doing.

"Swedish conditions"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Health Authority here is just now, slowly, coming around to the fact that this poo poo is airborne after a couple celebrated beating cancer by throwing a party that got 45 of their 68 guests infected, despite distancing measures and copious sanitiser use.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Some woman reportedly got fined for wearing a niqab on the train where masks are currently mandated. In the pictures, taken by the PEGIDA HIPO shithead who called the police, you can see a guy in the background wearing a baseball cap and a mask. He was not fined, obviously.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark had 678 cases today, even worse than it was before the springtime lockdown. The 50-person limit has been extended to private gatherings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Danish government's bluetooth COVID-tracking app is evidently a piece of poo poo that sometimes doesn't notify people, even when they're the infected person's partner. Government knew about it and did nothing for seven weeks, claiming it was impossible to rectify because of privacy concerns and inscrutable magic proximity technology.