Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
why the gently caress are those completely unnecessary and optional meetings not online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

before she finally said gently caress it and quit, the district was making my girlfriend go into the school so she could have zoom meetings with the people in the office next to her

i recommend manslaughter charges for these administrators at minimum

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

AppleNippleBOB posted:

What? Are you buying for others as well?

Are you a teacher and are buying for a classroom?

how DARE you make my child wear a FREEDOM LIMITER

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

what people actually need is information, and America completely loving dropped the ball on that

facebook certainly didnt :smugdog:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

god drat it did I fall for an unsourced quote again!!! :rant:

FACT CHECK: What is Ligma Variant? Highly Transmissible COVID-19 Strain Runs Rampant in Hospitals?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

after 1.5 years of a pandemic we have
no NPIs
no school closures
no help from the government
and no Winds of Winter
we also have some great explicit anti-help banning NPIs and school closures

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

Every loving outbreak is the same. "tests up, where are the hospitalizations?" followed by "hospitalizations up, where are the deaths?" followed by "we're renting freezer trucks for morgues"

If the death happens any time after the 20 second social media roach attention span, it's a disjoint, completely independent event.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

Don't forget the crypto-eugenicists who go on about how you only have to worry about it if you have a pre-existing condition.

doesn't something like 80% of the US or more have a preexisting condition, they just don't think they do

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

I love the ongoing debate about loving masks in schools when it is absolutely, objectively true that schools should not be open this fall at all.

I love the fact that more than a year into this and districts are still half assing poo poo by forcing teachers to make google docs forms for quizzes instead of actually implementing some kind of long-term virtual learning service, paying some company to build a real one that isn't mymathlab-esque tiers of dogshit, making it mildly fun and interactive.

Khan Academy is open source, and interactive. Give kids minecraft badges or points or some poo poo, most active participants win a fortnite skin, ship everyone a laptop instead of giving whatever idiot administrator another bonus for having "only" a few hundred kids die

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

Schools don't want to do more because it's hard, it costs money, and, most importantly, it's an acknowledgment that there's an ongoing crisis.

School behavior makes more sense when you realize that every district has been treating COVID like a problem that'll go away in a week or two, and they've been doing that for 70+ weeks now.
but there is a huge loving problem that's only going to get worse and is not going to last just for the summer???

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Terrifying Effigies posted:

New FL numbers from the Provincial Governor's office:

https://twitter.com/HealthyFla/status/1424918312748822547

https://twitter.com/CarlosGSmith/status/1424920184788291584 is even better

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Iverron posted:

how long until states are bidding against one another over nurses

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

the only thing this tells me is that most cases are spread via school, malls, restaurants, and sports. since australia is in the future that means the US should take the learnings from this and open up all schools in person unmasked.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

skewetoo posted:

Got a stack of LG branded kf94s lol wtf

they make air purifiers, cars, portable acs, phones

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
they are also a mobile carrier and internet provider, bad at both

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

empty whippet box posted:

yea, people will take their mask off and put it on at exactly the right moments to thwart the virus. okay. sure

its the rules. virus is not allowed during sport team support, lunch time, work break room, etc. it's simply forbidden to enter

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
how does contact tracing block a laser beam being fired by a covid death star

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
why didn't we wear our masks until death was encroaching, the shadows are closing in, but all i have to do is pull out a sandwich and it cannot touch me for as long as i am eating

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

some supply chain and covid doom colliding

are their corporate people out sick too

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Marzzle posted:

doublin' up again I see :thunk:

someone make a swiss cheese diagram for 3 layers of cloth masks

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Sad Billionaire posted:

we're all having a hard time processing the data rn

well you have to rebuild the system to go from 32 bit integers to 64 bit integers at some point

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Crunchy Black posted:

why do I need to input insurance information to get a COVID test.

then pay out of pocket $300

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Crunchy Black posted:

luckily I have insurance but it literally wouldn't let me use it lol

everyone keeps using insurance instead of paying inflated for-profit prices per test so the people making that site can never pay enough to attract competent engineers away from silicon valley

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Elea posted:

What if it turns out they are doing the same kind name matching bad math the right wing election deniers are doing.

how did max titers get vaccinated in six different states on the same day???

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

skewetoo posted:

Vaccine connoisseur Max Titers

max always leaves reviews for each vaccination. 3 stars, bad and paid parking but there was a burger king next door

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Situation in Sydney... seems bad

This is after months of a fairly strict lockdown (not by Aussie standards but still strict).

if individual cities in america could be that bad it'd probably result in a lot less deaths

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
doesn't your credit card benefits pay for it anyway as a statement credit

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
should i still go to edc in october or is it getting canceled

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

:siren: Chinese agent :siren:

china is amusing bc you can pretty much just watch what they do rather than listen to anything they say: extreme lockdowns while saying that everyone else should open travel freely, not allowing anyone in while saying that everyone else should open travel freely, mandatory enforced quarantine and repeated tests on arrival while saying that everyone else should open travel freely

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
there's no branded tp (but a ton of linty thin store brand + it's on sale) or bottled water at safeway, is that panic buying or supply chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

so are you just not allowed to get sick or quarantine or isolate anymore once you've used up your covid leave and your holiday time