Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Elderbean posted:

Curiously, destroying the planet God gave us isn't not a sin.

in fact it is, and america is being punished for its sins with doamald j tunprm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Steiv posted:

Hi goons.

One of the many reasons I love my wife is that she's an optimist. I've always been a "realist" at best, and combined with my depression, things in my head can get pretty bleak. My wife helps remind me that sometimes things aren't as bad as they seem to me. That being said, this whole pandemic thing seems to have caused us to move in opposite directions when it comes to our worldviews, and I'm not sure how to help her understand just how hosed everything is at the moment.

She keeps trying to convince me to go back to school to get a less useless second degree and to look for a better job. She shows me houses on real estate sites to get my opinion on the sort of place we could potentially afford in the next few years (if, y'know, there was still an economy). Speaking of the next few years, she wants kids soon (and so, in a better world, would I). She just... keeps trying to plan for this future that I frankly am not sure is going to exist. I want to share in her optimism, but I'm seriously concerned about where our world is heading, and I feel like she views my fear, valid or not, as silly doomsaying. It doesn't help that she works from home and rarely leaves the house, whereas I have a retail-ish job where I interact with hundreds of people per day, so I get to see all the maskless idiots and the possibility / probability that I'll get this virus and just loving up and die is always in the back of my mind.

I dunno, maybe I'm overreacting, maybe we'll get through the next couple years more or less unscathed, but I feel like I should be allowed to focus less on the future and more on getting through each day (though I should probably drink less in the process).

Oh, um, and a cheesy gordita crunch, please.

TL;DR Wife optimist, OP *crack* *ping* broken brain

compromise with your wife by having children, but raise them to be wasteland warlords after society collapses.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

etalian posted:

Yeah even her professors at Stanford pointed out to Holmes that her business idea on a technical level was in the same swim lane as a perpetual motion machine.

anyone have a detailed explanation of how this thing from 30 pages (twelve seconds) ago is because i would like to read it.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Zyme posted:

we are all dead and posting from hell

no you don’t understand. we’re posting in hell

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Gio posted:

they are both conked the gently caress out from playing with each other so theyre separate

if you haven’t named your cats yet op you should go with cori and rona

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

[chanting] nine-eleven-a-day! nine-eleven-a-day! nine-eleven-a-day!

[beginning to pound table] Nine-Eleven-A-Day! Nine-Eleven-A-Day! Nine-Eleven-A-Day!

[hooting, hollering, foaming at the mouth] NINE-ELEVEN-A-DAY! NINE-ELEVEN-A-DAY! NINE-ELEVEN-A-DAY!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Vishass posted:

somebody once told me my lungs have got the roni

somebody once told me my lungs are full of roni
i’m feelin little light in the head
she was lookin kinda dumb with her fingers and her thumb
on a temperature gun on my forehead

well
the gasps start coming and they don’t stop coming
fed with a tube and the vent’lator chuggin
didn’t make sense not to live for fun
it’s just the flu and the masks look dumb
so much to catch so much roni
so what’s wrong with taking indoor seats?
if you don’t test then you won’t know
so where are all the deaths bro?

hey now, you’re an all star
get your game on, go play
hey now, you’re a rock star
get the show on, get paid
all that glitters is gold
they’re just coughing because of the mold

it’s the cool zone, and they say it gets colder
you think it’s bad now, wait till bernie bux’r over
but the meatier men beg to differ
judging by the hole in the cdc’s picture
the ICE we hate, it’s getting pretty grim
i’m feeling pretty warm and it’s coming from within
my temp’s on fire, how ‘bout yours?
thats the way i like it now i’ll never get old

they’re just coughing because of the mold

somebody once asked
could we open up real fast?
“i need to get myself away from this place”
i said “yep, what a concept
my kids need school myself
and we could all use a little change”

well
the gasps start coming and they don’t stop coming
fed with a tube and the vent’lator chuggin
didn’t make sense not to live for fun
it’s just the flu and the masks look dumb
so much to catch so much roni
so what’s wrong with taking indoor seats?
if you don’t test then you won’t know (no!)
so where are all the deaths bro?

i’m just coughing because of the mold

hey now
hey now
hey, hey, hey now
hey now, his o2’s low
hey now, his o2’s low
hey now, his o2’s low

the beeping’s gone and i’m feeling cold

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

Goddamn what a good post

I just sang it and it was amazing

a good post? there’s a first time for everything...

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

snoo posted:

it's nice to know so many other places are also hosed

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Happy Thread posted:

hey fabergay do you want this shareable version

would go nicely with a headline

https://patch.com/california/losgatos/south-bay-s-smash-mouth-headlines-potential-superspreader-event

beautiful, one of the strongest headlines in the world. thank you, working hard!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

boston marathon bombers, DC snipers... all of those were ~$200 in stuff you can get from walmart

oklahoma city was $5k in stuff from a farm store and a $200 truck rental (the beirut explosion last week was roughly 10x the amount of stuff as oklahoma city if you want a sense of scale)

OKC was about 2200 kg, whereas beirut was 2700 tons. a ton is one thousand kilograms

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Mackers posted:

dont do suicide

you guys are cool

even for those of you who are haters and losers, don’t do suicide. if things get really bad the world will do it for you; otherwise you get to watch and lmao as it all happens!

remain alive friends, and Stay Posting

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Stunt_enby posted:

google says ASL for motorcycle is just miming holding the handlebars and revving the engine just do that at like a 45 degree angle

asl is far cooler than i had realized

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

not adding beans to a dish? practically heresy in these parts...

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

blatman posted:

coffee is a bean broth, so every morning when we wake up and put on the traditional normal human breakfast it consists of one piece of dry toast and sixteen cups of bean soup

edit: and a number of unborn birds with tiny crushed dissolvable rocks for flavour

if you’re eating fertilized eggs for breakfast you’re doing something wrong

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've never met an actual advocate of bean chili, just people who consider it acceptable if no no-bean chili is available. I assume there are advocates though. Where do they live?

we are here and we are proud

Harton posted:

Chili without beans is sauce

all forms of stew should have a quantity of legumes. i will do battle with anyone who denies this. it will have to be psychic battle because i have a herniated disk right now but battle it shall be

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

im the gay primarch. i don’t know what that is but im sure there is one.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

That's really funny

America all like "noooooo you can't make the distribution of a life saving product dependent on your geopolitical goals" while the eyes of the entire population of the earth roll out of their skulls

america’s number one foreign policy position is that no other nation can do any of the things america does

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

challah is a step above bread and to degrade it as such is antisemitism

when i worked at panera i said “challah bread” to an old jew and he said “challah just means bread” and i didn’t want to argue because i was a cashier and ive been seething about it ever since

(the word for bread is לחם which is lechem. challah is just a [superior] kind of bread)

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

yeah and they're typically written into your deed at such a low level that you can't just disband them. there's like a year and $100k+ of lawyer work to get rid of one. the best you can do is become the president and decide gently caress enforcing any of these rules.

highly recommend this route if outright abandoning isn’t an option. my mom has been the treasurer of her hoa forever since no one wants to do it and all that ever happens is she collects the dues and uses them to pay for upkeep and repairs of all the common spaces. no problems with anyone*, no problems for anyone.

*except the neighbor who is insane and hated by everyone else, but hoa powers have never been levered against her even despite that

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

havent you heard of their famous pizza

youse got something against a tomato pie? eh?

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

What a magical world of possibilities we inhabit. Who can say what will happen next? Not a one. All we can know for now is that anything can happen as long as it’s bad.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

oxsnard posted:

i have a degree in biochemistry and have taken full courses on immunology and it's still one topic in the field i can't even talk about because it's so hosed up and complicated

i took virology instead of immunology and all it prepared me to say was:

lol. lmao. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

thats not candy posted:

i did practically nothing in the office and i do practically nothing now, and its way better cause i can watch netflix instead of pretending to look busy with a bunch of untouched spreadsheets

living my best life

hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

SchnorkIes posted:

I'm just filled with burning hatred non stop, I think this is how you become a tankie

you can become a tankie with love in your heart if you simply realize that they are Correct. this is what fidel castro was able to do.