Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Does everything you got work for tear gas inhalation? I figure might as well do both but not full face so as not to be too big a target, that's just organic vapor right? This is all very complicated

i have the same mask which i got on amazon. To protect against both tear gas and covid here's what you do.

> organic vapor cartridge
>filter retainer (plastic cap that screws on the ov cartridge to hold prefilters in place)
>n95 particulate prefilter (lil circular disposable inserts that is held in place by the prefilter on the ov cart)

edit: this is what they look like
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00149W3VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM4YI28/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088P273QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Jun 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

if we abolished the food service industry these privileged fucks would die of starvation in a week tops

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

RadDickOwl posted:

"oh you wanna know where the pasta aisle is? *bodyslams* YOU WANNA TALK TO ME ABOUT loving PASTA ???? *several heavily armed retail workers are now beating, tazing and pointing guns at me, none of them wearing masks because covid is a hoax and money was better spent on acquiring a tank and 3 grenade launchers for the cashiers*

do you know how fast you were going down that aisle sir? grocery cart license and registration please

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

what sucks here is that since most people who take the virus seriously are staying home, most of the people outside now are lovely chuds and meatheads without masks. i feel like i could end up in a fight everytime i go out

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i;m starting to think this whole covid thing was a real "whoopsy doopsy"

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

thinkin about Cheese Wife

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I don't know how to tell my parents I probably won't be able to visit them until a vaccine comes around. If I did visit I would insist about only socializing outside, while masked. Luckily I have a camping van so I can make due pretty well out there but I just know they would try to get me inside. It's sad poo poo. They take the virus seriously but I still feel like they'd act like I was crazy for basically camping out on their driveway

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i was receiving unemployment just fine for a few weeks but for some reason its been held for the past two, getting a little uncomfy about that

have applied for SNAP in the meantime, i doubt theyll accept me because of my savings but i encourage any other Lost Job Goons to apply for every benefit available because every little bit helps.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

so wait, he would put a chicken breast in water and just.......just boil it??

what. how long does it even take to boil a chicken breast

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Mourne posted:

like 10-15 minutes?

again this is what I feed my dog when he has a bad case of the shits.

are you making GBS threads me, ive been baking them in the oven for 50 mins (from frozen though)

am i the lovely cooking goon? i do season them heavily though

edit: also i heavily prefer thighs

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

anyone got a source for n95 filter holders for honeywell respirators?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

goonmeetup with trumptravelbucks in a national park, full gas mask required

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

an unknown virus destroyed my sense of smell as a baby

what if i was patient 0..............

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

good thing i have enough liquor to last tonight so i wont have to leave the house.

beginning to think this whole covid thing is pretty bad guys, idk maybe we should all try and not get it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

New Teen Trend? Police Warn of Teens Huffing Covid Coughs for a Multi-Day High

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

most of my covid dreams now are about being in a crowded area where nobody is wearing a mask and then realizing i forgot mine

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

give me your covid songs. i need songs to feel sad or angry to about covid in the US

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

getting a covid test cus i have a fever and diarrhea. i feel fine otherwise. f to me

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

I got the Rona - sup?

i just got tested today, i feel like poo poo. no coof. ill let the thread know the results

Positive Squad is out there

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

if my test comes back positive then it will be proof that even if you only go to grocery stores, sanitize all the time, and wear n95s every time you go out in public, you can still get the virus

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

hm maybe its time to bug out into the woods and pick a more traditional disease to die from, like some mosquito disease or from drinking deathwater

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

test results came back fast as hell. negative. it's a bittersweet feeling, definitely got emotional afterwards, just because of the fact that poo poo Do Really Suck here in hellworld 2020 even if i got lucky this time

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao my county just posted 15 new cases. This is twice the amount of the last biggest increase on SATURDAY lmao

It doesn't seem like a lot, but it isnt good!

thats the trajectory my county took.

march, april, first half of may, all maybe 1 to 2 cases per day, some stretches of days with 0 cases.

late may: 7 per day. then 15 a couple days.

now, it's a consistent ~20 per day and growing

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

childcare has always been something humans didnt do by themselves. used to be a tribe, community thing. then development of the nuclear family with capitalism hosed it up. schools are one of the last vestiges of that community system. it makes sense why parents are at their limit, it's a system failure once again

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this mite be off topic but i have a theory

pet deaths are really fuckin devastating because the human brain sees them as children, and seeing your children die before you is like, not supposed to happen psychologically

hm, let me make this on-topic: i really, really hope that if i get covid, i don't spread it to my cat.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Milosh posted:

I got the throat test today instead of the nose swab. on my third bourbon because my wife is watching Hamilton.

-12 hours till I get my test results.

yo, hoping the results are neg! the time between taking the test and getting the results is nervewracking, stay strong friendo

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Wamsutta posted:

you guys yelling at me absolutely unrelentingly when I was considering going to the gym when we opened r up a couple weeks ago led to me outfitting a room in my home as a gym and I just finished lifting and it rules. see ya public gym and goodbye other humans forever.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

How the hell was this all $40? I'm hesitating on dropping $100 because I don't want to spend the money

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-mp5-gas-mask-with-bag-and-filter-like-new?a=2229836

it's also possible to 3d print adapters that can allow the mask to accept different filter types including DIY

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Here's that post again about the filters for the type b mask

These just came in the mail for me today. They are the cartridges that hold n95 filters only (for the honeywell north respirators) meaning they are much lighter than using the big organic vapor cartridges with n95 prefilters.

https://www.grainger.com/product/HONEYWELL-NORTH-Filter-Assembly-6T456

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Wally Joyner posted:

ty for posting this. what filters would SWIM want on hand for teargas for when it cools off at night

edit; what a wonderful snipe

organic vapor cartridges "OV"

I think P100 works too

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

fwiw ive had a relatively easy time finding honeywell carts and filters for my honeywell halfmask 5500

mastershakeman posted:

Do you have to buy anything else with those? Or just that + the mask which is probably 70 total?

I already have some replaceable n95 inserts that fit inside those-- but i was pleased to see that they actually came with a n95 filter inside already, plus the retainer cap. so you wouldn't need to buy anything in addition to them

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

if filters become scarce you can also 3d print adapters so you can make diy filters using water bottles, or various adapters to use different brands of filters with other masks. keep in mind that they may not be airtight and you should probably cover them in a primer or sealant.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4236882

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

yeah, lots of stuff is backordered and such. But it's better to get it asap because things are just going to get harder and harder to find. The other thing is that lots of these reusable masks and such are going to retain their use value for a long time (since covidghazi aint going away!) and even once covid does end in 2036 you'll probably want some good masks anyway so you're not breathing in arctic wildfire fumes while you scavenge the local dollar tree for edible rat carcasses

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

is it true that lots of people are being dumb as gently caress in the pandemic? yes

but im of the opinion that we should avoid making a covid diagnosis something shameful, it harms public health and isolates people even more, people might be hesitant to contact people they may have interacted with, might want to avoid talking to contact tracers because they're ashamed of having hung out with people, etc.

getting covid is bad enough of a consequence, lets just all make sure it doesn't spread once people get it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

nytimes reporting that the PPE shortages are roaring back again

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i was only able to get unemployment for a few weeks in early june before there were suddenly "issues" and now i havent gotten once since, rip

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

laughing about all the articles which talked about how likely it was that covid was gonna be seasonal.

feb 4 2020

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/04/two-scenarios-if-new-coronavirus-isnt-contained/

quote:

The “seasonal” reflects the fact that viruses can’t tolerate high heat and humidity, preferring the cool and dry conditions of winter and spring, Webby said. That’s why flu, as well as the four coronaviruses, are less prevalent in warm, humid months. If the new coronavirus follows suit, then containment efforts plus the arrival of summer should drive infections to near zero.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

anyone else getting hit with an enormous mid-afternoon exhaustion from all the numbness and then you take a nap and just wake up feeling worse and don't start feeling awake and good until like midnight each night

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntPHFVWDIqM&t=344s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

face shield came in from Northern Safety and they gave me some candy and a little writing pad too :allears: NSI and grainger havent let me down yet