Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Coronavirus? More like boringavirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What disaster or major event will occur in the US before the end of the month that bumps covid to to 3rd or 4th on the list?

I was thinking something natural like a hurricane or earthquake but in keeping with the theme of the US falling apart I'm going with a nuclear meltdown.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

This poo poo is incredible

Back in March we got a bump in cases from Aussies rushing back home from overseas, who then gave it to their immediate family + friends.
But even after nearly 2 months of lockdowns, there's still a dozen new cases every day popping up out of nowhere.

Didn't go for eradication so we're now playing whack-a-mole with clusters (mainly in 2 states)

Look at what lockdown did to our flu numbers going into winter

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Coolvid 69

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Outdoor activities like going for a walk in the park or even the beach provided you can socially distance are one thing. Jam packed crowds for hours close together yelling are another.

Don't expect a spike just for it to creep up.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1268450736398098433

Yeah, that's it, massage those numbers like it's my prostate.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Inceltown posted:

There is an Aboriginal Lives Matter rally to be held in Sydney tomorrow. Police are taking the organisers to court to get it stopped and saying they'll fine people if more than 20 people turn up. Police are also saying they're expecting violence and that organisers are advising people to spit on the cops (in news that will surprise no one organisers are saying no such thing).

Last weekend thousands of people turned up to an anti 5g rally and only a couple of cops showed up to keep an eye on things.

What could be different between the protesting black deaths in police custody rally and the anti 5g one that changes they way they use covid laws? :thunk:

Well that's one way to set the thermostat...

to cool

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

A bad summary of a poor translation, he's saying the truly obvious: had we had all the information we have now we'd have done some things differently and saved more people. He still explicitly does not favor a more general lockdown.

If only we knew about this brand new virus and disease

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Looks like most wore masks and tried to distance where possible at the protests today, a lot of people turned out so that wasn't really easy. I'm not sure when I'll no longer cringe at seeing large crowds close together.

Now we wait.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Melbourne is the biggest worry.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1269395226541518849

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1269533303536664576

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bulgakov posted:

covid going away but there are massive outbreaks of summer time pneumonia! u hate to see it

Cough, fever, shortness of breath, looks like another case of cov...uh... sun lung.

endlessmonotony posted:

Status update from Finland: Masks still optional, everything has been reopened with some capacity limits. The epidemic isn't doing much because we've got the sanitation routines down and had a lockdown period that slowed it down while flu season was ongoing and testing everyone with symptoms was difficult. Monitoring and healthcare systems are easily capable of handling ten times the cases we have right now, and we're manufacturing quarter of a million N95-equivalent masks a day.

Good stuff

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm sure this will be taken in measured response.

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1270063282569781250

Wait until you hear about pre-symptomatics

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What are the positive test rates doing in those states? Do you guys even have and isolation protocols for positive caes or is it just advice?

Apraxin posted:

mexico just reported 3,000 deaths today, holy poo poo

Is that a legit number for a day or a lot of backdated deaths?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

mawarannahr posted:

what if you named an action movie character after Indiana? seems like a good name.

Seems silly, maybe a dog

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

CFR has been estimated around 1% for the last couple of months at least :shrug:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I'm turning the 5g on

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

First positive test for a BLM protester. Sure enough in Victoria. Came down with symptoms the day after so didn't catch it there but absolutely would have been infectious. They wore a mask at least.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

mastershakeman posted:

Which victoria?

Upside down one

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

sincx posted:

this needs to be in needle form

Some believe it will work better as a nasal spray :dadjoke:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/drewconway/status/1270369300692508673

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Posts going up in covid thread, I wonder what that could mean?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

mystes posted:

It's just a party to celebrate the end of covid.

Wow, oper 'er up! The champagne that is

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I believe in agenda 69

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Egg Moron posted:

They need start marketing the second wave as New COVID. New bold flavor for a new age of heroism

How about a new hat?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We just don't celebrate the sex number pages like we used to around here.

Too many cum infections

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mind mist

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Cerebral smog

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

AceOfFlames posted:

Ok, so what do you guys do exercise wise? Are you all on Freethletics and following vegan channels on YouTube while working in your home offices? I can't do ANY of that.

lol have you tried the 'push ups"

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Pressure fryer is what you need. DO NOT TRY DEEP FRYING IN A REGULAR PRESSURE COOKER.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3QZQmb0Dw

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Hand shakes were discouraged so people in Arizona now spit in each others mouths as a way of saying hello.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Stone Covid hits his new finisher, the spike protein.

Time for hell in a cell

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Telsa Cola posted:

So whats the dealio with that new medicine they have been saying works

Take it with a grain of salt, 500mg of hydroxychloroquine, z-pak, zinc and call me in the morning

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rah! posted:

can u smell what the rock is cooking?

no u cant

:sad:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

redleader posted:

Choice kiwi comedy

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

redleader posted:

the only hope we have is a vaccine lol

The vaccine will work but because it was rushed out long term side effects will be missed (lets say for comedic effect, leprosy) Public trust plummets, antivaxers voices become louder, vaccination rates fall. Smallpox makes a triumphant return, jaws lock in unison, the joyous sounds of whooping cough are once again heard across the land.