Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
:staredog:

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1384769301819891712

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

side effects from shot 2 yesterday are completely 10000% bowling me over

If this has to happen once a year (annual mrna booster shot with these sort of side effects) for the rest of our lives I'll be pissed

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

:thunk:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Pfizer - overflow facility for unaccompanied children
Moderna - migrant holding area
Johnson & Johnson - makeshift camps for detainees
Astra Zeneca - kids in cages

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Purestrain cheeselung

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

BeefThief posted:

imagine people in the 60s refusing the polio vaccine because they thought it might be more dangerous than polio. did that happen? or were those people just jailed and forgotten about.

People have been anti-vaxxing since vaccines were invented

There's a famous Supreme Court case from 1905, that established local governments can in fact require people to get vaccinated, and are allowed to punish people who refuse (it was during a smallpox outbreak. fyi smallpox had a death rate of 30%)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Helith posted:

lmao

Sydney BBQ guy has been identified and he was not just looking to buy a BBQ but also maybe the BBQ chain store too!

https://twitter.com/_rockrit/status/1391333962287489024

no one else other than his wife have popped positive so far but it's still a while until the incubation period is over yet

between this and the christmas tree, covid is really a sign we're living in some sick twisted simulation

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1392092968543195137

The NYT is all-in on CONSUME ONLY, NO MASKS, FINAL DESTINATION

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Wow that's a really easy way for a bored FBI agent to meet his quota for the month. Just subpoena the sales records from Amazon.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Lol, gently caress

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/07/over-half-the-deer-in-michigan-seem-to-have-been-exposed-to-sars-cov-2/

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Piggy Smalls posted:

folks this poo poo is real. the virus will continue to do what it does all too well and mutate. with millions of people having the virus replicate in them it’s only a matter of time when we get a strain that can’t be stopped. the reason why it came from India (the delta strain) is because the huge population in India not vaccinated allowed the mutation to occur. we as human beings are completely hosed. we cannot even come together as a species to survive this poo poo. it’s the same with global warming.

If you're that sure about the demise of humanity from this one virus--despite us as a species having survived countless other diseases (as well as previous bouts of climate change) that came before it--you should toxx on that

Not saying that any one of us will individually be fine

But the entire species is very likely to survive, probably with most of our technology intact, even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Stereotype posted:

global warming? it’s going to kill everything. we are turning earth into Venus, where there famously is not any life at all.

governments will start geoengineering well before we get to that point