Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Are we doing the death total pool again?

I want to call 420,069 first, letting it ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

oxsnard posted:

:siren: you can now issue me bot commands by prefacing your post with my username :siren:

oxsnard post ur hog

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I think I drank 4 gallons a day at 120 or so without breaking a visible sweat lmao

It's always a bit freaky when I realize that I've drank a gallon and a half, am still thirsty, and don't need to pee.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

For mask chat here is the email I sent to my family last time I linked the 3m face respirators in this thread:

I remember in one of the previous threads someone said they found masks also through woodworking or paint supply websites.

The honeywell half face I have feels a lot better than disposable n95 masks. Silicone seals better and feels more comfortable than paper. They're also gonna be great during fire season! I'm glad the this thread pushed me to get one back in feb.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Philthy posted:

A lot of people are anxious over anything that is out of whack since Covid has so many symptoms. Hell the other day my fart was so rank even a corpse rotting in a water filled sewer couldn't even come close. First thing that went through my mind was "I wonder if I got the roni" and then I gagged.

Every time I smell a rank rear end fart, I think to myself that it's a good sign that I can still smell.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

For mask chat here is the email I sent to my family last time I linked the 3m face respirators in this thread:

I remember in one of the previous threads someone said they found masks also through woodworking or paint supply websites.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i dont know the difference between the 3m respirators but a good "buy this and then this" guide would be handy since i dont think its going away here anytime soon

Click the link back to FORUMS USER's post. You want to get a silicone half face respirator with matching n95 cartridges. You don't really need to worry about a huge number of cart replacements, or getting any kind of super special filter. It doesn't have to be 3m, Honeywell's North line is also good.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

even if you take his word at face value (do not take kudlow at face value, he is a liar), this is the #1 economics guy of the USA saying "we are incapable of responding to this crisis"

collapse here we come

kudlow is a negative oracle. everything he says is wrong.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

You already are

We're mid-apocalypse. This poo poo isn't close to being finished.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

BeefThief posted:

lets ignore this virus for a little while and focus on what really matters: a football team is changing its name

e: a lady from glee drowned, lets talk about that

e2: applebees irresistabowls are back for dine in at $7.99, great value!

https://twitter.com/Applebees/status/1280190508053266432

Some would say that it's bad taste to say that this deal is to die for, I'd say that it's an explosion of flavor that won't be matched for the rest of your life!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Google Butt posted:

Lol I know my half mask doesn't make me feel invincible but for some reason it feels good to see the bug-eyed reactions from my normie co-workers. I've also noticed people taking a wider berth around me, like it's an extra reminder to stay the gently caress away from me, which I didn't not expect

I love the fear from maskless boomers.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

Ordered a brother laser printer the other day, on the advice of goons. I hope you're all right. I had an ink jet crack ping moment the other week. Printing has been constantly hosed up with lines and stuff, even after ordering new cartridges. Needed to print something important the other day and the printer politely prompted me to update the firmware first. This action of course immediately detected and disabled the still expensive off brand ink carts and rendered the whole printer inoperable. I then learned that this is their standard inkjet grift and you have to hack your printer to get around it. It was like decades of lovely ink jet printer experiences flooded over me simultaneously as I was consumed with rage

hahaha, owned

i have a brother laser printer that I got for $40 from black friday like 8 years ago that's still printing on the original toner.

the only downside so far is that one of our cats likes walking on the top until she steps on the power button and the printer turns on and does it's power up sequence. then the kitty runs away.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

acid is a us government mind control chemical

just do shrooms

it's the end of days, do all the drugs, do all the crimes

i want like 4lbs of shrooms

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Japan deciding they're done with our poo poo and beefing up their own military again would be a fun plot twist

American policy has become insane, swinging around every few years, our soft power is imploding, and the hard power might follow. Countries that relied on US military protection should be worried right now.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Could bacteria eventually evolve to be resistant to alcohol

could humans evolve to be resistant to flame throwers?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

pitbulls are loving great dogs

every chihuahua would kill you if they had the ability

i could kick the asses of at least 5 chihuahuas

i don't like my odds against 1 pitbull.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Gio posted:

i usually ignore mask chat bc i rarely go out, but i got some mask questions if people would be so kind to answer. :)

1. where can i get some legit kn95s?

2. is this is one of the half mask respirators many of you talk about?

(i bought it pre-pandemic for sanding poo poo with lead paint.)

That 3m respirator is one of the best options available, just get new 3m p100 filters and use it. Maybe rig up an exhaust filter to catch your exhaled droplets.

I would 100% take my honeywell 7700 respirator over those paper n95 masks, all day, every day. Cloth masks are more comfortable than the respirator, but don't work for the smoke, and I don't feel as safe in them.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hexigrammus posted:

Yeah, this smoke and a full beard has me thinking the same thing. While I live in a rural area and don't need to come closer than 300 metres to another human (wife excepted) I haven't been able to work outside for the last week without coughing and sneezing. Feels like something's sitting on my chest at night. :covid:

So, PAPR:
buy - $600 - $2,000 (:lol:)

steal - no access to anywhere that uses or sells PAPR

make - while I feel like one of those technical divers from the 1990s building their own rebreathers this might be the way to go. Amazing what you can do with pvc pipe and cheap parts from AliExpress. It's not like I'd be in an immediately fatal environment if something screwed up.

Question for those of you who have been paying more attention: are the cartridges more or less standardized or can you only fit a 3M cartridge in a 3M respirator, Honeywell in Honeywell, etc.? Same question for the threads on cartridge holders?

I'm going to get some weird looks walking into my local safety supply store and taking a set of calipers to the PPE.

About $250 on alibaba for a PAPR of unknown quality.

Each of the major respirator brands uses a different attachment, so only 3m filters with 3m masks, etc. Honeywell's are threaded, 3m uses a twist lock.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the concept of blueberries, but not the execution of blueberries

The best blueberry thing is the Ikea blueberry concentrate. It's delicious in mixed drinks or in some fizzy water.

HycoCam posted:

The best way to get the stinky critters gone is to fill a mason jar about 1/3 of the way with rubbing alcohol. Hold the jar right below the critter and move up towards the bugger. They should fall right into the jar. Screw on the lid, tuck it away somewhere you won't have to stare at dozens of dead bugs, and wait for the next to emerge.

e: blueberries are great

You can mix up some dish soap and water in a spray bottle and hit them with that, then collect the corpses once they finish dying.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

holy gently caress

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoojBTEPaI

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

actionjackson posted:

does everyone still think biden has no chance of winning now lmao

biden's policies are:

1. not trump
2. gently caress you

how well does that hold up once he's running against mike 'boring horsefucker' pence? all the centrists and nevertrumpers can go back to voting for the horsefucker who will preserve decorum, and biden can go back to rotting in a closet.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Luckyellow posted:

Oh that looks like an great idea. Do you have any suggestions on a good type of crank powered battery charger? Right now, the only way I can get sun is if I left the blinds open on the ground floor which I dislike since there has been a guy driving around lately peering into people's window and my windows upstairs is blocked by trees :/

Cranks loving suck because your muscles do not produce nearly as much energy as you think they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O5voOCqAQ

That's one of the best sprinters in the world, outputting an insane amount of power for a human, to make amount 1/5th of a penny worth of electric power. Cranks are only found on survival and niche equipment because anything is better than them. Tape a solar panel to your window, and buy more battery packs.

A generator and 5 gal of fuel will give you months of runtime for your electronics, if you use it to charge a bunch of batteries for 2 hours every few weeks.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Xaris posted:

but yeah it's like $5 for a carton of oatley compared to like $3 for a carton of BD almond. it adds up but im fine paying the premium because it is way better taste-wise and a bit more versatile mixing with coffee better.

i really do need to stress is that brand actually matters a lot. like I've found Silk/Dream/Lucerne/etc varieties to be really bad, Trader Joes brand can be hit or miss and usually a bit off-tasting (either their almond, coconut, oat, etc varieties), Calif is OK on some things, etc. like if you've only had [X] milk once and hated it, it could have been a bad brand (and there are a lot of them). For me the only consistently really good Oat variety is Oatley.

Go check your grocery outlet places, we find oat milk there constantly for less then retail. The bargain markets here actually have a better faux-milk selection than wal-mart, because they're trying to sell the stuff that didn't sell and is about to expire. We got 2 cases of Oatly quart sizes for .12 each.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

super spreaders are the loud assholes who never shut up. so of course once trump got it, he was going to rack up a huge body count.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Chamale posted:

1 in 2000 people in my province is an active case of COVID-19. I knew it was going to get bad when they reopened schools, just didn't expect that after a month they'd still keep the schools open. I have a full-face respirator now, at what point do I go grocery shopping with it on?

A few months ago, my gf wanted to get some new fish for one of her aquariums, and I basically had a panic attack at the fish shop from being indoors with that many people while wearing a cloth mask. Now I wear a half face respirator whenever I need to go shopping or do anything indoors away from home.

I do still wear a cloth mask when my exposure is at the level of passing one or two people per a block on the sidewalk, but anything more than that and I wear my respirator. People give me more space with it on anyways. Most annoying part is that my voice is super muffled, so answering where I got the mask is hard.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

oh lmao I can beat this one

I had a guy message me saying that he doesn't understand how I can stand working like this regularly, and he'd rather get his whole family sick than stay at home with them anymore

I would absolutely feel the same way. Luckily they live a couple thousand miles away and can't contact me.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Blockade posted:

I have respirators, but I'm iffy about using them in public, has anyone said anything to you guys about wearing one?

So far my covid strat has been staying home and getting absolutely everything I can delivered.

Someone did a U-turn in the grocery store parking lot to yell how I was the only one he's seen wearing a real mask, a few old ladies have asked where I bought it. Every comment I've gotten has been positive. I definitely get more space in stores, and can stare down assholes easier.

To you fuckers buying the cheap respirators, BUY ONES WITH SILICONE SEALS. Thermoplastic is not nearly as comfortable, or durable as silicone. These are PPE items that you'll be wearing for 30-120+ minutes. Comfort is important, both so you continue to use them, and so you don't fiddle with your mask as much. Spend the extra money to get some quality on the contact points, it will be worthwhile.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

After my experience yesterday, I'm freaked out enough to pull the trigger on a full face, and to pay McMaster prices. Is there an idiot's guide to this poo poo? I'm looking at this guy, is there anything else I need to throw in?

I don't see the model listed, but going by replacement filters, and Honeywell's site, it's a Honeywell RU6500 Full Facepiece. At $190, it's overpriced and going against the higher tier 3M Ultimate FX FF-402, which has a voice diaphragm, Those are ~$200 on amazon, while the RU6500s are around $120.

In addition to the respirator, you need a filter from the matching brand. 3m and honeywell have different filter attachments, for 3M, any of the p100 models listed on this page will work https://www.uline.com/BL_693/3M-Respirator-Particulate-Filters. Honeywell has a smaller list of p100 carts, North® 7580P100 for hard shell, and 75FFP100NL for soft. Filters are rated for around 40 hours of use, but you won't actually be filtering a heavy load, so expect them to last longer before it becomes hard to pull air through the filter. Filters are sold as sets of two.

shovelbum is a loving idiot, there's plenty of people out there who don't give a gently caress if you get sick. Respirators are exactly the quality of air filtering that everyone should be using indoors. You won't have to worry about the rear end in a top hat antimaskers blowing their plague at you, or someone coughing into the AC intake vent 5 minutes before you walked in.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Loucks posted:

The cool thing about non-Amazon retailers like MC is that you will get the product you ordered and not a knock off version that unscrupulous sellers provide which are then commingled with the legit product thanks to Amazon not giving a poo poo.

Don’t buy safety gear from amazon dot com.

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Amazon at this point is a much more expensive Ali Express with quick shipping. I got most of my stuff from Digikey in the spring when McMaster was out of stock. Digikey says that if a healthcare order comes in you might get bumped but they also show their current stock levels.

I think masks are fine from amazon, but the filters are a wasteland of used socks stuffed in pink pucks. I haven't been able to find a good spot to order replacement honeywell filters for my mask. None of the sellers on amazon look legit, unless I want to risk spending 5x the normal price. Digikey is good, I know someone who got some 3m masks from there about a month ago, price and shipping time was decent. I was afraid to order from McMaster, because I'm not a business who can toss $50 away on shipping and price inflation.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Platystemon posted:

You should cover the valve with some sort of finely woven or spun textile. Redirection isn’t enough.

I cut up a surgical mask and put a disc of that material into the exhalation valve. It's the mask color everyone knows, so hopefully people can pick up on that. Be careful how many layers you stuff in there, though. The extra pressure requirement can break the seal on the mask.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean he's a shithead but it's certainly looking like the dnc managed to put forward the most electable candidate. obviously he might lose but he has to be doing better than anyone else in the primary would. Bernie would be a disaster at this point with continuous red scare from the whole media class and someone like warren would be bullied out of existence. having trump as president proves that people don't care if the president is 100% dead eyed

the perfect candidate is one that promises nothing, does nothing, and emerges from it's isolation box only to remind us of those two principals.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pingui posted:

This is the EU model 6035 P3 and what you are looking for looks similar:

They are completely closed in and no amount of rain will give you difficulty. Someone ITT mentioned they are made to be able to go through decontamination.

Digikey finally got these back in stock, they're digikey part number 3M160508-ND.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

Bless you, I bought some 60923 P100 cartridges. The 60921 are the basic organic-only cartridges, but for some reason the 60923 with added acid protection are cheaper on Amazon right now.

FYI, the acid and organic filtering portion gets used up way faster than the particle filter. You're supposed to keep those sealed up when not in use, to extend the lifespan. Those aren't strictly better filters, they're specialized filters that have extra media that won't do anything (good or bad) to help with covid protection. You can buy 2 sets of genuine p100 carts from digikey for the price of one set of 60923s from amazon, so you're paying a lot more for something that you don't need.

It's certainly not a bad idea to have some of those carts around, but don't expect the extra neutralization to keep working for too long. The p100 portion of the filter will work just a well as the standard filters, and last a long rear end time.

jetz0r has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Nov 8, 2020

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Is there a gang tag for surviving corona?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Dreylad posted:

so even if biden was going to do anything he can't do anything until jan, and trump will probably go golfing and sit on his fat rear end and do nothing for 2 months because why would he bother.

Is there literally ANY chance of the US not becoming the plague lands for the next few years? Because I can't think of any way that the political will, economic support, and logistics needed to pull that off can converge.

We have uncontrolled spread going across the continent, a chunk of the population that wants to spread the virus, a ruling class that wants to stuff people back into small spaces ASAP, and parasites throughout the economy complaining that there's not enough blood for them to suck.

The plan for the next 2 years is going to be:

1. OPEN 'ER UP!
2. gently caress you
3. Wear a mask if you feel like it, you coward
4. gently caress you

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bideo James posted:

went on a bikeride to the grocery store and noticed that everywhere with "outside" seating and the ones they block off streets with are empty. its too cold outside and no one has heaters here, because there havent been much outdoor dining anywhere.

we're gonna have a huge spike come winter when they demand people go back inside to eat, which is already happening at places here, with giant things of plastic up everywhere.

I'm already starting to see the "outdoor" seating becoming tents with side flaps closing them up.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

we rounded the curve buddy, don't worry

death spirals are one continuous curve

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

blatman posted:

I want to suggest to everyone thinking about tripping right now: draw some poo poo while you're tripping, even if you suck at drawing it's gonna look absolutely wild when you sober up AND you might glean some insight about your subconscious from it that trip notes might miss

i tried to draw a bunch of recursive fractals on a whiteboard while on nitrous. GF thought I drew an eye and a bunch of random lines.

her interpretation of that lovely scribblings was just as valid as mine, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Got my 6200 and have been watching some videos on fitting, etc. Also found some doctor talking about filters. Apparently there was a shortage on P3R 6035 filters in March and they seem to be sold out at local vendors still, but are there other hard shell ones that are adequate? My mask came with a pair of 6055, two pair of 5935 and holders, but it'd be nice to have something that cleans easy.

Edit: Can't find the 7093, either. Says they're no longer produced.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/7093B/3M160508-ND/6827876

7093B is the bulk version of 7093. You can pay $2 more per a set for the same filters if you really wanted to (Don't do that).