Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Admiral Ray posted:

r0 > 1 is bad. r0 < 1 means it'll burn itself out.

So... coronavirus is...

bad?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mastershakeman posted:

You're wrong about non fit tested masks protecting you, go look into that study from the first sars which included influenza like illnesses. You're just repeating the propaganda you bought 3 months ago

You can also just look at Japan as evidence that masks + minimizing talking kept outbreaks from happening on their packed transit system with recirculating air

What are you talking about, they included citations and everything.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The CDC told everyone in the US that masks don't work to cover-up the fact that we had none and could produce none, with the main objective of previnting embarrassment for donald trump.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

endlessmonotony posted:

Those are footnotes you illiterate postmonger.

bro you mad

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Amazon undeniably has a few million dollars per year in legit good public work projects. It just doesn't quite make up for the other hundred billion a year is harm they do, which is a pretty common corporate story. "Here are the PR projects that we used .00001% of our profit for" basically.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

snoo posted:

still don't understand MD but lmbo whatever

I'm in VA and I can only conclude that like vampires, covid can't cross moving water, and the potomac is keeping me safe.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Testing site destructions will continue until discipline is restored.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I assume this is a joke about a goon food pic version of a cheesesteak.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

rump buttman posted:

I want:
AV: goatse
gang tag 1: suns out guns out (lizard laying on sunny rock)
gang tag 2: Whose House?! (dog kicking up grass/poop after pooping)
gang tag 3: Leonard Crabs (crab in suit)

thanks in advance, my dead children will appreciate it

99 problems but the river styx ain't one (picture of 2 obol coins)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thoguh posted:

Whether it can be detected and whether it is alive and enough to be contagious are two different things.

Good news! They tested it by infecting cell cultures with the virus and observing that it was viable and able to spread.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just need to get away from all this death and disease. I know! Time for a relaxing trip to the cemetery.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I haven't been more than 1 mile away from my apartment since March 5th.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You should know its a lie when the USA tells you there is no science behind wearing masks, and you should know its a lie when people tell you the virus doesn't work outdoors.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

AceOfFlames posted:

If I cannot trust authority, who can I trust?

I'm with you on this and very sympathetic.

but also lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what were the doomsday predictions from just going full 'herd immunity' approach again? like i seem to recall dire warnings about total collapse of the healthcare system, what else was there?

We'll have too many masks because everyone is immune.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Cooking is easy. You just do whatever and then you eat it and tell yourself it was fine. Eventually you get better at lying and it's no problem.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How to cook;

Start with oil or butter in a pan. Slowly add things in the rough order of what fries slowest. When in doubt do onions first. Add tofu or meat or whatever. Try some vegetables. Eventually you'll have basically a slurry that isn't quite frying because it has too much water in it. Just keep cooking it until you get bored or till the water is gone and it's mushy enough. You can add water if it's not mushy. Add an egg and mix it in and throw some salsa and salt on it. Last step is to wrap the whole mess in a burrito shell.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Frozen veggies, dried fruit, canned veggies and lentis, and then gorge on berries like a bear when you finally re-up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Here's one I eat almost daily, I call it lentils:

1) wash 3/4 cup lentils in water. Remove anything that's not a lentil
2) add lentils and 3x water (9/4 cups) to pan
3) cover and boil on lowish heat until it stinks up the apartment
4) pour it into your coffee cup from earlier and drink when cool

Yum... sustaining.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I only own 1 measuring cup.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I survived cheezy-steak lung and all I got was this t-shirt.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

shirunei posted:

He lost the popular vote by millions. We are not a democracy and never have been.

Covid and Donald trump and 9/11 are all americans reaping what we sew.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sew? Sow? Which one is a female cow.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Would you rather eat sower dough bread or sewer dough bread?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

snoo posted:

I'm gonna buy the $3 soap instead of the $1 soap!! I'm gonna buy a name brand frozen pizza!!!

Artisanal coffin

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Just a lil' uptick ya'll

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

KaptainKrunk posted:

I never bought this. Seems like capitalist propaganda. Fascism isn't conservatism or even reaction; it's the right-wing of liberalism, pulled out of Capital's back pocket, imported from the periphery, when extraction from the imperial Center requires certain, ahem, techniques

I agree with this as long as we define conservatism in a way that it doesn't exist in american politics. Or in a way that it's embodied by the austerity pushing democrats.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The political spectrum in the US is basically on the left you have people that want to squeeze minorities economically and then on the right they want to squeeze them physically until they stop breathing.

Covid is sort of a compromise middle ground they can both agree on.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

I fell into a deep, dark depression for like a month and then emerged a radical alternating between Dem soc and Maoist depending on the day.

I cannot imagine how broken somebody's brain has to be to see the absolute most perfect avatar of their ideology lose to a clown who wasn't even trying to win and then double down. Deranged!

I don't see colleges being too picky about that considering how much of their own courses went pass/fail last semester. Best for everybody if everybody just agrees there is no problem here

The day after the election I was getting my tires rotated and I was in their little waiting room with the TV on. I remember watching this ~40-50 year old woman standing in the middle of the waiting room watching hillary's concession speech, which btw she didn't deliver until the day after, and anyway the point is she started crying and it was hella awkward and yeah it felt bad.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Huh, why? I was busy laughing manically. Hnnnntrup! Dernald trunt! Lmfao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqduxsQ8WVs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Why is 50% of covid news about football?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SKULL.GIF posted:

what happened to the medical goon who was posting about how his covid tests went from like 50% positive to 0-10% positive in March in NYC after his hospital switched what type of test they were using

Fell out of a window, very tragic.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pictured: everything going great in 2020

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Raccooon posted:

Haven't even watched any MSM are they covering the explosion of cases at all?

The what?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

gay picnic defence posted:

I swear these social media barons are petrified that if they crack down too hard on all the bullshit the bullshit peddlers will pick up their bat and ball and start their own social media platform

They agree with the messaging. They're not going to ban it because they are legit insane anti-vaxxers and consipriacy theorists themselves. Steve Jobs tried to cure cancer with an all fruit diet and @jack believes the key to good health is sitting on a concrete floor until you lose circulation.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Coming up on the cool milestone of 1% of Americans being officially diagnosed and counted as having covid.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Marx Headroom posted:

99 apples should be enough for anyone. thats not communism thats just being fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Cuba isn't that great, for example it's covered in piss and poo poo after being pissed and poo poo on by america for 80 years, so... did you think about that??