Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Iverron posted:

my wife’s office apparently kept a positive case hush hush after reopening and then allowed the same person to come back in after only a couple days of quarantine so now 2 more people have tested positive and the original person is out again with symptoms

what a monumentally stupid country

my wife's step sister's young adult half brother just returned from a chartered bus trip to Panama City with a group of 15+, two of which tested positive for covid before leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

All US presidents are bad. To clarify, that's every US president in every iteration of reality imaginable.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I use cream cheese instead of milk. try it

Can I just suggest instead that you simply try actual cheese and cream melted together in a pot and then some pasta stirred in

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

doesn't have the same tanginess

You're thinking of american cheese brother. I'm talking about the real stuff.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

A month and a half ago I found out that I would definitely be teaching the rest of the school year online, and that seemed like it might be overly cautious at time, but I sure as poo poo don't think that now. Fellow educators who need to go back into a classroom in a few months...I dunno. I hope you can think of something. Or maybe you're all in states where you're used to the government being an indomitable adversary all the time anyway.

My mom has one year left before retirement. She teaches ceramics to high school kids in New Orleans........

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The teacups are spaced out so it's fine despite the fact that they cross the exact same spots as the previous teacups each rotation what the ABSOLUTE FUUUUUUUCK

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Xaris posted:

also asymptomatic also doesn't necessarily mean "no symptoms whatsoever", but can also include pretty mild and ignorable elements and never gets like serious coughing+fever fits

It can also mean nothing and then all of a sudden severe brain injuries.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

IS THAT OBESE FELLA DRINKING FROM A PUBLIC WATER FOUNTAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This video is making me sick

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

In Training posted:

Jesus Christ I get so mad

This guy has a very long thread:

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1281708871879286784

e: gently caress this hell world
https://twitter.com/saenzmom/status/1281846062995714049

i am harry has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Jul 12, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dew worm posted:

I have friends that are convinced the death rate is inflated because “hospitals get money for corona deaths”

These people aren't your friends anymore. Maybe one time, when you were both young, and the facts of the world hadn't fully percolated through your heads, you were friends. You chatted about music and games and laughed about that thing on adult swim or talked about a sport, before the insanity spread through all the empty bits that weren't full of music and adult swim.. But those days are gone and so is that person.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

75k is the population of an entire town.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh cool, got confirmation that iowa is covering up the death toll.

A local nursing home is completely infected with covid to the point they have separate floors for the infected and not infected residents. They make infected nurses work with the infected residents. We know one of the infected nurses and she says they have had 7 people die the last 2 weeks of covid and it is not being reported lmao

As a partner to a nurse who just left a place like that I can tell you it’s happening everywhere.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

^^ remember those models predicting how close to 100% your chances of catching Covid are if you’re in a group of 50? if you’re in a bucees your chances are absolutely 100%.

Taintrunner posted:

oh cool, failed state lmao

She’s currently training at a hospital and guess what - it’s happening there in exactly the same way with exactly the same sort of ward divisions and subsequent overflows, including a transfer of a patient from a covid side to a non-covid side after a test on them came back negative (despite prior tests being positive hence why they were there to begin with).
hth

i am harry has issued a correction as of 01:41 on Jul 16, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

charity isn't meaningless just because it doesn't release endorphins into your blackpilled brain

real charity is contributing your fair share through a series of structured and sane social policies and tax contributions.

Mr Hootington posted:

Imagine not knowing 90% of charities are just a way for the rich to steal money from everyone else.

fine art is the same thing in case anyone was still on the fence after the British airways art sell off story

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

I started playing eve online because the safest place to be right now is 40AU away from everyone mining rocks for fake money

America: I’d rather be flying a frigate in 0.0

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dead gay comedy forums posted:

considering that plague bacteria has been detected in Colorado and New Mexico back in 2015, antibiotic resistance is not going to be an issue if, given enough time, it appears and nobody can get antibiotics or the health infrastructure has been strained to breaking point

so if you see rats charging towards you anywhere, gtfo

heh...Prairie dogs living in a prairie dog sanctuary out by Denver airport have the plague right now.

im getting word that a bunch of squirrels around Morrison have tested positive for the plague too.

i am harry has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Jul 16, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dead gay comedy forums posted:

ain't that loving amazing really

glad I got to see Red Rocks once or twice before COVID and the literal plague

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

Though I think my button business might be enough for most places to rent to us it would still make it a lot easier on every possible level if we had something else too

You make buttons and your wife is currently between jobs...so I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you have a working budget of $1.5mil and are looking for a 5bd3bth to expand your family?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

As someone who calculates a large chunk of our hospitals' Covid related data for regulatory reporting, I can say this is true for my state. We also report to the county. I'd imagine most states operate this way too.

Btw, the HHS email that went out to hospitals announcing the change was kind of funny (bad). They basically said 'the other data reporting mechanisms weren't working. so, if you want your weekly allotment of Remdesivir, you better give us your data'. lol

sounds like you may need to get us a copy of that email so we can leak it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Please remember to bring your own chairs.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Raccooon posted:

This is what I picture in my head when I think of someone from Missouri.

Don't forget to hear "Miz or uh" in your mind too.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Stuntman posted:

It gazed up at the enormous masked face. Six months it had taken it to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the useless fabric. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two sanitizer-scented tears trickled down the sides of its nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. It had won the victory over itself. It loved COVID-19.

Is this from the Bhagavad Gita?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ebola Roulette posted:

Because people don't die at home, only at hospitals.

And here we thought Katrina was bad about leaving dead people in their houses, only to be discovered three weeks later after the water subsided and inspectors could go around and paint the doors of the dead houses as warnings...

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I haven't done acid in a long time, but the stages I remember are:

1. Nothing is happening
2. Holy poo poo that's funny.
3. WTF are the lights doing
4. I think I need a snack.
5. (I probably shouldn't look at my face in a mirror) *looks at face in mirror*
6. Fuckin hell it feels like there is a weight on my chest.

is that right? I think I want to do acid again.

There can be some serious variations from, "Oh gosh the gray sky is actually a combination of all colors simultaneously and are those atoms I see? Wow!" to, "I can't stop feeling like my neck, and thus my stomach and heart, are tensing way to hard - is my heart still beating? What the gently caress how do I get this to stop!? Guess I'll just obsess over one single thing while desperately waiting for this all to pass from the safety of my bed," so you might want to take a quarter of a hit and see what flavor it is, so to speak.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

We are 8 days from 28 million evictions starting aren't we? Can't help but think that that will also wind up with like a thousand judges dying of covid as they pack their courthouses with poor desperate sick people to throw them out on the street

Lot of judges going to be continuing to just do their jobs here soon.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

fosborb posted:

hahaha holy poo poo this is blatant. GA just changing the ranges so nowhere pops red

https://twitter.com/andishehnouraee/status/1284237474831761408?s=19

god drat I could train my department for loving years on just the hilariously bad data visualizations

Quick and dirty recolor:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mourne posted:

nothing bad happens to the people who don’t wear masks. they never suffer.

I wonder why that is.

no mask. gently caress you. nothing bad will ever happen to me.

why are they immune?

Are you loving joking? They're over here constructing us a throne out of their own skulls and you're looking straight through it!

e: I know it's kind of hard to see amidst all the innocent skulls but it's definitely there.

ee: See? Over there? Sort of rising up a bit out of it all? It's red. Covered-in-blood red.

i am harry has issued a correction as of 05:51 on Jul 18, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sounds like you're in some weird k hole or something. I've been surrounded by people who actively want me to die for years. That's what it means to live in America. Are you just now realizing this?!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D1E posted:

But I'm a late 40s American male and ain't nobody wants to see that :(

Now that’s not true at all!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Just imagine waking up and your lungs, heart or brain get hosed up and you haven’t been coughing. Christ.

Imagine you have an autoimmune disease and your mom sends you to dance class while there’s a pandemic

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Giga Gaia posted:

lol at all the comments. americans hate education so much

https://mobile.twitter.com/alienzamongus/status/1284663275318214656

congratulations: you have cancer

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

$40 for one piece of rubber.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D1E posted:

Remember in one of the earlier COVID-19 threads when that goon from New Jersey had laid out $15,000 for his kid's second birthday party and was pissed about the advice he was getting to cancel it due to the pandemic?

Haha yeah.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

that's baking in a democratic landslide lmfao

When you can't lead and only know how to destroy it's a lot easier to be the opposition party.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

People like this need to be held down and beaten before being physically outcast from society.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

oxsnard posted:

“Grandma, did people really not wear masks when you were a kid?”

“No, they didn't. People didn't start wearing masks until I was 33, in 2020. Reuben, your daddy, was 4 when it all started.”

Bobby wrinkles his nose at me and picks up his mask by the door.

“You mean you didn't wear a mask at ALL?!” He says, swinging his around on his finger.

“No, not ever.” I say.

“But how did you stay safe?” Bobby says, setting his mask down.

“Oh, we got sick a lot. Your daddy had the flu when he was 3. It was scary, but he pulled through. He's had his share of colds as a child.”

“That's scary. It's bad to get sick.”

I stop, and think. Is it time? Yes, it must be time. Bobby will be eight soon, and there are things he needs to know. Things it might not be safe for his father or his mother to talk about, things that are safer shared from an older mouth.

I snuggle him up on the couch and try to think of where to begin.

“Now Bobby. I'm going to tell you some things. I want to you to hold these things inside of you and don't talk about them to anyone else, you hear? Some of these ideas can be misunderstood if the wrong person hears them.”

I think he understands. I hope he understands.

“Back in 2020 there was a virus. You probably learned about it in school.”

“Covid 19.” Bobby says. He isn't smiling. “I did.”

“Yes, Covid 19. That was when everything changed.”

“Is that why you had to go to jail, Grandma?”

Now my heart sinks. He's getting ahead of me.

“No, not really.” I say.

“Daddy says you had to go to jail when he was little and he missed you a lot.”

I feel tears prick the edges of my vision, but I blink them away.

“Yes, you see, Grandma didn't like vaccines. I didn't want to vaccinate my children, but a few years after covid-19 we lost the right to choose things like that. But Grandma didn't give up. I fought for the right to keep Reuben and Rebekah free from vaccines, so I went to jail for awhile. It was hard for your daddy, he missed me a lot.”

Bobby holds my hand, and I remember another little boy, so many years ago who also sat on this couch and held my hand. And I remember his tears as the police took me away from him. I don't want to remember this.

“But vaccines are good for you, Grandma. They keep you safe. We learned about them in school.”

I sigh.

“That's what they say.” I say. “Yet, back when I was a kid, sometime people died after they were vaccinated. Sometimes people were damaged by the vaccines. And we still don't know what is in them. No one will tell us.”

I turn to look into Bobby's eyes. “People still are damaged by vaccines now. Just no one talks about it.”

Bobby scrunches his eyes up. He's trying so hard to wrap his mind around my words.

“The world was a very different place when I grew up.” I say. “We had coins, like the ones in my collection. We spent those coins as money, instead of using the chips we have today. No one wore masks and you didn't have to get vaccinated if you didn't want too. Parents could teach their kids at home if they wanted, and school wasn't year round. You could think what you wanted, no one was arrested for speaking their mind. People met in churches to sing to God.”

Bobby still looks confused. I wonder if he can even picture a world like I am describing. I wonder if he can even understand.

“Kids played together in the streets. We had birthday parties where people would come to your house and hang out. I could hug my friends whenever I wanted.” Now I am getting a bit choked up. It must be my age. I'll be 76 this January.

I swallow.

“Now, Bobby dear, don't go repeating anything I've told you. Keep it hidden in your heart, like the verses we learn over breakfast.”
“Like the bible under the planks in the shed?” He asks. I nod, yes, like the bible hidden in the shed.

Bobby slips from my side. I let him go, hearing the legos tinkle from the other room. The legos his dad collected as a kid.

I sit for awhile, thinking back. Times sure have changed. I don't think they have changed for the better, no matter what the government says. I wonder what other things will change, before my bones go into the Earth. Soon the memories of that other world, that world of freedom and breath... will be buried in my tomb with me. And only the young will remember.

If they can.

I hope whoever initially and earnestly typed this out gets Covid

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

maybe the brave Sir Glenn Greenwald can help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Charlatan Eschaton posted:

lol i think about this quote all the time

oh man I’m glad you have this. I remember reading this quote at the time. Powell straight up saying the Bush W admin was popping uppers in the morning and downers at night every day