Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
A bunch of chud athletes doing whatever the gently caress they like is going to bring down the NFL season, much like it endangered the MLB. Some gently caress went out to a bar with friends and got sent home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

aww come on kiddo you heard the president and schumer.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mod sassinator posted:

the sad thing about this is that folks that are impacted are just going to reskill and leave the industry entirely. it's not like other studios are doing better or have any plans for making big budget content during the pandemic.

so enjoy the idea of american big budget films and TV as long as you can because it's dead going forward. no one will be left to make it, and no one sure as poo poo is going to be studying and planning on going into the field any time soon. we're gonna look back on movies like the avengers as the high point of hollywood as we stream and watch badly translated and dubbed chinese language dramas and action hero movies

it took a virus to kill the marvel cinematic universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-zhlw_hnGU&t=73s

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SF is extremely hosed, but that may not be a horrible thing. This city was far too expensive while turning its nose up at homeless people. Let the tech workers work from somewhere else, remotely. Deeper in California or even from the middle of the country. Who gives a gently caress. Maybe the ones that care about the "city life" will think of the dangers of big city living and appreciate rural life. Whatever.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

If the Big One went off, Trump would just give nothing and let California die

Newsom would kiss the ring. Property, rather than just lives, would actually be destroyed.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
It brings me no joy to say this, but the Russians are right.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Number goes up!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

twoday posted:

I don't want to discourage people from getting vaccines, maybe it works, let's read the studies when they come out, but I wouldnt be rushing to take whatever trump thinks is the right one given his abysmal marketing attempt at promoting hydroxychloroquine

Also, make no mistake: if he can sell it as a fix, regardless of side effects, he will in order to get re-elected. gently caress man. Let's wait and see.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

UnknownTarget posted:

Good luck! I just got put on a performance improvement plan because I can't smile and nod properly when the management offers bland platitudes. So we may be joining the fired gang together!

I hate this system.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Apparently NZ thinks the virus was maybe transported in frozen goods to the country by a company called Americold. lol

I remember reading up on how the Spanish Flu got to American Samoa and they theorized a similar thing happened since it got in there despite them not allowing anyone from the outside in.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1293904145192296448?s=20

Are they just Covid testing random objects and foods now?

Here's that dude that mocked the frozen foods New Zealand theory?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Trump is gonna win. That's amazing.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

LordoftheScheisse posted:

I wonder what Alex Berenson has been up to today:

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1294322586474733575

That's interesting. I wonder who this @chicago_sunrise person is.

https://twitter.com/chicago_sunrise

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE SENSUAL MASSAGE WORKERS!

Look, business is rough. After someone on here mentioned how much activity there was on Tinder, I got on there to find out. Mostly massage therapists giving "hot massages".

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

if the recent T-cell immunity studies are any indication, reinfection will be either asymptomatic or mild / cold-like, meaning that once everyone is either vaccinated or has had it and recovered, covid-19 will become an endemic seasonal illness just like the common cold and the flu

which is what a bunch of people were saying would happen early on. i distinctly remember several articles from Feb/Mar positing exactly this scenario

That appears to be the case, but the first question I had when someone posted those findings earlier in the thread was this: doesn't mild covid still gently caress up your lungs and heart? If not, then what were those stories about people who didn't even know they had it only for the doctor to find a lung damage in their x-rays.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mons Hubris posted:

I think everyone is using different definitions of mold

Well, the study said that the re-infections would not be severe, so I am assuming they are using the medical definition that they've established. That's concerning, because it sounds like covid might gently caress you up simply by attrition.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

If you count Aloy from Horozon zero dawn I have ... one friend

She's unreliable and crashes all the time.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Shageletic posted:

Obama deregulated alot of poultry inspections, by allowing more defective animals to go thru the assembly line. It started as a trial in the GW admin, then Obama expanded it. Trump extended it to pork.

What I'm saying is that Biden is going to fix this.

Lmao liberals really do further the slide in everything.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh. That's what happened.

45% reduction lolllll
[/quote]

And their positive rate is increasing anyways. LMAO Texas

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so what do double Covid lungs look like

you ever see a cheese stake in pale moonlight?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Australia was always going to get it real bad due to all that colonialism. We weren't the only ones. A curse. A CUUUUUURSE!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Not seeing the correlation between colonialism and covid. Aus and NZ are generally doing better than almost all of the world, only Melbourne is hosed but nothing like the US.

Curses work supernaturally. Meanwhile, China and Korea are doing great. Better than both of them.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

China has 84,000 deaths officially and is actively colonising land right now.

They have a lot of people, but that is far less than they'd have if they were as lax as Australia. Also, that is hardly colonizing.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lol lax? I literally can't go outside for more than an hour per day or for more than 5km distance for the next month at least.

And we'll have to disagree on China. That's for another thread. For most of us they are just another oppressive superpower, genociding their own people, rapidly spreading military power and abusing economic leverage. America sucks, China sucks, the British empire sucks.

Sounds like a lot of conjecture on China. Australians are notoriously lax in life and all things.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
China should suffer tremendous consequences for some old people dying. Gotta war it up. Look, it is their fault we can't control it.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The picture of a bunch of guys in hasmat suits and one guy just standing there smug but the guy is covered in poo poo.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I play video games and it feels good.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

El Mero Mero posted:

was that ever terrible?

Would you like a job were you have to verify that a bear shits in the woods?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

actionjackson posted:

what are you going to do when you run out of cities

Countries.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Well NYC is #1 with 8,336,817 so after that I'll switch to state pops. lol

You're better off doing small countries.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Stunt_enby posted:

lol if you don't think they're gonna field test it on poors first

Some dipshit in DND said the vaccine going tò those most at risk would be a great aspect of a Biden admin.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Dont take the vaccine right away. Wait a few.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Helith posted:

Australian govt has made a deal to get the AZ/Oxford vaccine when it's ready. It'll be free, but mandatory*, for all Australians

https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1295861017319288833

*unless you have an actual legit medical reason meaning you can't safely have the vaccine.

This one gives you a fever.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Vacaville are a bunch of chuds, right?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Google Butt posted:

lol the fire is very bad, they evacuated a bunch of places and there are not many vacant hotels nearby, meaning people are going to be forced to the various shelters and poo poo. Just a nightmare. It looks like hell outside

shelters or rona conventions?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lol when that second wave hits, nyc is hosed

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Gio posted:

lmao christopher nolan is a loving sociopath isnt he?

lol you couldn't tell from his love of suits and the coldness of his movies?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I've never seen a christopher nolan movie with a deeply moving, human performance. Even there will be blood was more moving than nolan films.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Taintrunner posted:

Nolan movies kick rear end sorry haters

never said they weren't fun.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mourne posted:

come laugh at my pain.

my fifteen year old golden died and now I’ve got a dog in a box.

still headed to the beach in twelve days!!

cept now I got a dog in a box.

enjoy the fresh taste of my tears!

probate him for not taking a period of mourning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mourne posted:

I’m sure the prob is coming.

no worries, give LK some time.

I’m not frightened any more.

mourn your pet