Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

There is no stopping wave 2 now, this is the calm before the storm. I really have no idea how people will respond, another forced lockdown is going to be loving nuts. But also an order of magnitude more deaths is going to be horrifying too. It's gonna be bad and people are going to totally lose their poo poo either way. We thought we saw panic buying but just wait until cases skyrocket, the national response is just throw hands in air, and states start to go bankrupt. We will be on our own, no hyperbole.

Let's make 'Roni parties so everyone gets it and the survivors (barely, given post 'Roni damage) move on. TRUMP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

300,00—400,000 people are expected to return to work in NYC on Monday

riding the subway, crowding the coffee cart, sharing the bathroom.

the city was doing pretty good. another month or so and maybe we'd have gotten cases actually low enough to send people back to work.

*Ron Howard voice* It wasn't going to happen anyway, since 70-80% of people in NYC are loving idiots that can't wear a mask while walking around and spread the 'Roni.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Those two hairdressers in Missouri exposing like 200 people but resulting in no new cases because everyone was wearing masks should be much bigger story and be touted as an example of how we could be a lot closer to normal if mask wearing was the norm but instead that got mentioned once and never again.

I like how here in NJ 50-80% of people outside are maskless and coming close to other people and even though they slap on a mask to go into stores immediately rip them off after they exit. TRUMP!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

a.lo posted:

Why is a 68 year old still working in America?

Why wouldn't they? Social Security isn't going to cover your expenses in retirement (especially since Congress invades it to fund their kickbacks to the MIC, CIA, etc.) and most people barely have more than $1,000-2,000 in savings to cover emergencies and general poo poo.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mystes posted:

Not enough. Open 'er up more!

:hmmyes: What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger (even if it destroys your lungs, etc. the process).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

helta posted:

open the gently caress up

If everyone gets 'Roni, the survivors won't have to be concerned about it again. *taps head* Checkmate, libs.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fosborb posted:

I wonder which state will admit it's deeply financially hosed first?

Doesn't Cuomo say it every day (in order to shovel more austerity)? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

this is incorrect.

notice how these three numbers don't add up?

it's also (entirely) about your age and any pre-existing conditions

Simply - between 0 to 3,443,730 can die of the 'Roni still. *taps head*

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

with how much traffic comes in and out of New York and the other dipshit states reopening I think there’s gonna be a huge spike soon, I’m not optimistic at all

Well, that are being loving dumbasses (like being in Central Park within a few inches of one another, as a photo from a few days ago showed, or all the drunks within inches of one another in Brooklyn and downtown Manhattan from a few days ago).

Malcolm XML posted:

The lockdown has been softly breached for weeks. If there was a massive reservoir of virus ready to pounce it would have shown itself in nyc. Yet even though there's been a relaxing in rules for 2 weeks+ we don't see any indication of an increase. I.e. the lockdown worked to halt the initial wave and relaxing it isn't doing much to cause an increase.

In contrast to the chud states who blunted the initial wave with a half-assed lockdown and then backed off; now they're getting hit like nyc did when it too did nothing

my thesis here is that it either burns thru ur populace and u stop it with a lockdown or it never gets that bad like nz due to a lockdown but continuing to lockdown when there's no leading indicators of an increase is basically pointless

Another option: DeBlasio and Cuomo are suppressing the real numbers because they're human shitstains who aren't materially better than DeSantis, Abbott, etc. and are cool kicking inconvenient information into the nearest furnace.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Malcolm XML posted:

ppl been doing that for weeks and it hasn't registered. unless corona v2 takes months to show up or it's just not an issue

Or the data is garbage because poo poo's not being properly reported.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Maybe he's just dabbing...? :downs:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Serf posted:

my mom's coworker, who doesn't believe in covid and says that god will protect her from it, has been diagnosed with covid along with her entire family (they're massive chud freaks with a son who graduated from liberty u and wants to be a preacher but can't look a human being in the eyes and collapsed after 5 hours on the job at chik fil a and can't find his way anywhere without gps or written directions). now her boss is refusing to even consider the idea of social distancing despite the fact that everyone was exposed to her. and her coworkers are still going to lunch daily in the same car and visited the covid-haver today for two hours lmao

*Pounds table* DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

remember when it seemed like the democrats might propose cancelling student loan debt?

lol

When was this? It was Biden and friends that pushed nondischargable student debt 15 years ago... :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

They're investigating who allowed the ad to be printed so it's all good

https://twitter.com/Tennessean/status/1274768562104786946

The Editor-in-Chief and Publisher - there, mystery solved!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I thought the roni took the weekend off

So it's basically the odds of landing on the loaded chamber in Russian Roulette? :hmmyes:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Spoondick posted:

love to invest using all the information available to me like the name of the stock i want to invest in

The SEC should have allowed Hertz to fraudulently sell new shares of Hertz that would shortly thereafter be purged to $0 during Chapter 11 the Robinhood morons. :galaxybrain:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Looking forward to the 10,000/day new cases in a few weeks because New Yorkers are loving morons (speaking as a New Yorker myself).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Austin is completely and utterly hosed.

They're hoping getting the 'Roni keeps them weird!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Anyone got the Top 5 list for today?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wamsutta posted:

Can we put up a giant plexiglass partition along the entire Florida border

Why not saw it off ala Bugs Bunny? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I'm in a slack of new york city people and they all seem to think the other states getting completely obliterated after reopening won't be a big deal when new york goes through with it, even after cuomo said he won't stop out of state travel

lmao.

To be fair, Cuomo can't physically stop out-of-state travel (due to the interstate commerce clause) - it would require an act of Congress so the best that Cuomo can do is put all the state cops on the NYS border and order anyone coming in to quarantine (which may not be enforceable assuming the people are only transiting through NYS to get elsewhere due to the interstate commerce clause).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

am I stepping on COVID-420's toes by doing this?

WE NEEDED NUMBERS

TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

1. Florida +8,942 *NEW RECORD*
2. California +5,619
3. Texas +5,614
4. Arizona +3,428
5. Georgia +1,900 *NEW RECORD*

USA +47,341 *NEW RECORD*

:vince:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1276666706031591425?s=21

everything is fine

nothing to see here

enjoy your plague basketball

Don't 5% of the players already have/had 'Roni? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy hell, Florida. Did they just order everyone there to rub up against someone else and smell their breath?

Well, Florida is arguably the CHUDliest of the CHUD states and they like playing Russian Roulette to 'own the libs' so, yes.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

In Training posted:

Atlantic City is reopening on July 2nd to get that 4th of july money Lol.

I'm currently in NJ and 70-80% of the people here are "LOL gently caress masks" and literally slap them on and rip them off to get into stores.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

brugroffil posted:

There total testing numbers are decreasing lol

If you don't test, it never happened! *taps head*

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Uuudar posted:

yo stop saying FL is approaching NYC numbers of cases, back then we didnt have enough tests in nyc so that was basically just testing hospitalized patients, our real number was probably 5x that that went undiagnosed. not saying FL numbers are good but they aren't quite at turbo hosed cool zone (yet)

Ah yes, Ron DeSantis, a guy that definitely is not suppressing the cases/deaths and this is definitely not supported by him shitcanning the person that was revealing the worse numbers and actively threatening to litigate/suppress said numbers. Truly, Florida is doing just fine. TRUMP!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

speaking of how great testing is:

AUSTIN, Texas — Mayor Steve Adler said that Austin will no longer be testing those without COVID-19 symptoms because there are not currently enough tests for the number of people seeking them.

KEEP AUSTIN DROWNING IN LUNG FLUID!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Man Musk posted:

banks in our town are catching the roni and shutting down. bad time to be receiving ui through a lovely fee-based debit card if used outside of a bank, lol owned

But can't you access the ATMs regardless of the branches themselves being shut down...? :confused:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

redbrouw posted:

This thread is a death cult

Hey, it's an ethos.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Looks like Low-Ki is well on his way towards the Benoit ending.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So, what's the case/death Top 5 for today...? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I thought everyone in The Villages got the 'Roni from being CHUDly idiots that were going "OPEN 'ER UP!!!" within 2 inches of one another...? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That low? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Isn't he the douche that is refusing to provide contact tracing? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I thought Connecticut was for New Yorkers who did very well but not well enough to be truly wealthy

There are billionaire hedge fund guys that live in CT - there used to be no income tax there until the early 1990s.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/minhtngo/status/1277319198725685248

gently caress these groiceries! my uncle died for muh freedoms!

Where is this particular CHUD incident from?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Chamale posted:

No, the players will fly from city to city in private jets, with 3 separate leagues of 10 teams each. There are multiple confirmed cases in all three leagues. Play ball!

Doesn't 5%+ of the NBA have the 'Roni?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Red Baron posted:

we’re gonna flatten that curve right into a vertical line!

Can't have anymore new cases if everyone has the 'Roni! *taps head*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ebola Roulette posted:

Literal survivorship bias.

"I never wear seatbelts and I'm fine!"

"I've smoked a pack a day for 30 years and I'm fine!"

"I drive drunk and I've never killed anyone!"

Given that it's from 5/14, did he actual escape the 'Roni? :thunk: