Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
new star wars: older woman grooms young boy
indiana jones: statutory rape
old star wars: incest
american graffiti: both older woman and lolita themes
thx 1138: ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
oh right how could I forget
howard the duck: A WOMAN HAS SEX WITH A DUCK

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Coolness Averted posted:

-but it's probably more likely he was a brilliant innovator in terms of special effects, but a terrible writer who doesn't understand pacing, how to make those neat set pieces he thinks up string together, or how human interaction works but got extremely lucky with the right combination of people who tweaked his ideas and laughed at him when he had terrible dialogue early on, but then everyone kowtowed later.

my theory is that Lucas is the greatest 2nd banana in the world, and as long as he had 1-2 other people to collaborate with was solid gold. but when you leave him alone to come up with ideas you get ewoks and weird fetishes and everything in the prequels.

all his best movies are ones where other people had strong creative input.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

olives black posted:

I'd still rather watch the prequels on repeat for a weekend than ever watch episodes 7 or 8 again (I refuse to watch 9 unless I'm with friends or it'll get me laid)

a lousy creative person with many bad ideas is still better than a movie generated by the disney algorithm I guess

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

You Are A Elf posted:

Controversial opinion incoming: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is much better than Temple of Doom.

Why? No Willie screaming “INDYYYYYYY-YYYYYYY-YYYYYYYY-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!” every three seconds she gets scared of something.

The correct Indy rating: Last Crusade > Raiders > Crystal Skull > Temple of Doom

Hmmm. But temple of doom doesn't have old harrison ford phoning it in, corny CGI that tries to replicate practical effects badly, or shia leboof

Not saying you're wrong though. I'd have to watch both in a relatively short succession to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Obeah posted:

Never forget the George Lucas' idea for a dreaded Imperial Child Protective Services.

completely had me for the whole time :golfclap: