Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I will legit be sad when Reem retires. He is a pillar upon which we can count upon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

How did a 185 fight Reem wow

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Unfair to call Usman boring when he had a very entertaining evening breaking Colby

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Look if you want to support only completely wholesome people in fighting you would be supporting only Angela Hill, Roxy, Holloway, and Poirer. You can appreciate a fighter, their craft, and their personality while also acknowledging they hold problematic views. They aren't your friends (for the most part some goons actually know fighters), so you don't have to fear guilt by association for lovely views.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

8ve never had a quicker urge to delete a post

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

ok gooner

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Side with labor imo

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1270379542373269510

We will forsake our countries...we will leave our motherlands behind us and become one with this earth. We have no nation, no philosophy, no ideology. We go where we're needed, fighting not for country, not for government, but for ourselves. We need no reason to fight. We fight because we are needed. We will be the deterrent for those with no other recourse. We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists. And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? Its our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Fight Island.

:discourse:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I would move Volk Holloway to the August card but man 251 is stacked

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Credit to my opponent but the sand was very soft and we landed much further from the cage than I expected.

Lmfaooooo

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Garbrandt basically used a Smash Saturday.

Ippo owns BTW go watch it

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The only non main, comain, or non 251 fight I would really care about at a glance is Roosevelt Robert's. He just came off a really slick performance against Brok Weaver. Also Platinum versus Gall could be really fun

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Can someone post the Brendan reddit screenshot for full education purposes

Also I didn't know tito was a cop

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

If my soft and fragile rear end can hang out here anyone can.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Look if Joseph Joestar can run from vampires and Jon Jones can run from adulthood, Dana can pretend to be a woman to run from the vague memory of a cocaine bender

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Probably because he is mirror world GSP

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Extreme shades of Antonio Brown and JuJu there wow

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

why do you post like vitor talks

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

rest his guts posted:

Romero just stood there flexing for the first half of the first round. Izzy obviously doesn’t have Costa’s chin (or size) and intelligently avoided a war. You really gonna fault Izzy for being cautious while witnessing the most unorthodox poo poo ever?

Also, Gastelum was a war and he proved he can go there, but why risk it? Let Romero lose on his own terms.

I don't get how anyone faulted Izzy for that approach when Romero showed why being cautious was a good move with his explosion in round 1.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Smaller octogon rules, Costa lost the fight to Romero but judges didn't see him get jabbed a lot while he prodded forward, Poirer Hooker is gonna be fire, Blaydes will be champ sooner rather than later, Josh Emmett caught the absolute worst break he could have the last fight, Cejudo beat MM cleanly no judge fuckery, and DC shouldn't have the trilogy with Stipe unless he's willing to defend the belt at least twice more.

That's all of the hot takes I can muster in a single post.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I don't think this actually affects the forums, but in case it does jump in the Discord.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

For real I'm gonna wanna see some evidence lowtax isnt getting some sort of Forums Alimony but I will stick around a bit longer to see how things go. :)

I'm gonna copy paste something someone else said in response to the thought that I think sums it up well.

yeah, don't let perfect be the enemy of good here, you gotta get rid of him somehiow

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It's wild to me that rules vary by state.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

This is a weird Era where the biggest stars are the people not fighting like Conor and Nate.

I'm not convinced Conor beats any of Khabib, Justin, Diamond, or Hooker. Maybe he does (minus Khabib) but I'm not confident enough to say. Nate I think beats Hooker, not sure about the rest.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You'll never silence me huffing deanies farts

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Anik is low key super sarcastic and I love it. He's been a great addition. Now we just need to eject Cruz and we're good.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I unironically loved the Greene/Villiante fight. Featured some of the most effective and NY/NJ cornering possible, a fighter improving all 3 rounds, and then a hilarious finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

CommonShore posted:

I'm pretty chill on forgiving people for having bad opinions when they're 18 if they apologize and show good behaviour going forward. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but her tattoos still suck.

we just established that Anik is the only person in MMA with good tattoos. unfair to hold that against her imo