Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90b_z8jvIUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

awesomeolion posted:

Let's create an MMA utopia free from the toxic influence of capitalism. We'll call it... Fight Island

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No! said the promoter, it belongs to the UFC.

No! said the interview persona, it belongs to God.

No! said the id, it belongs up your nose in the driver's seat of a moving Bentley.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1270379542373269510

We will forsake our countries...we will leave our motherlands behind us and become one with this earth. We have no nation, no philosophy, no ideology. We go where we're needed, fighting not for country, not for government, but for ourselves. We need no reason to fight. We fight because we are needed. We will be the deterrent for those with no other recourse. We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists. And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? Its our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Fight Island.

:ocelot:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ngannou Blaydes 1 owned because it was an injury tko due to his eye closing up and he tried to Helen Keller his way past the doctor by feeling his fingers to determine how many he was holding up, and it worked on the ref

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

why do yall want me to have to do poo poo and have responsibilities

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Rumble Johnson is the stargate to both weight classes and generations

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Crossposting in here in case any specific mma posters dont care to go in the thread

Bluedeanie posted:

I want to believe in the dream that the community will rally to preserve some version of its dead gay dream that is free of the influence of its lovely founder, but perhaps as a result of national and global political circumstances regressing over the course of my entire lifetime, I am not terribly optimistic this will happen. So unless there is some very rapid developments/new informstion by this afternoon or tomorrow morning I will most likely be posting a banme. The sun has set on the Lowtax Empire.

In the meantime please send me a dm if you want or email me at my username with an 07 at the end of it at gmail dot com, the webs premier free email service. Did you know I have had that email since it was invite only? What a wild and crazy time!

It has been an honor posting with you, gentlegoons. I have enjoyed some of it, and tolerated the rest. I am gratedul I settled on FI for the peak and twilight of my posting career, as this has truly been the least racist and only middlest horniest place to discuss gay skinheas fighting in the world.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

david charmichael emerges from his will to shame bluedeanie for his choice of email client

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I'm not gonna do a banme but I'm pretty positive I'll stop participating here (as in SA) if this stuff doesn't get resolved by the end of next week.

I have seen this sentiment a lot right now, and I am not saying it is wrong, but I am curious what the definition of "resolved" is and what's everyones reasoning for their personal timeline for holding off?

(I've said the same things myself!)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I would write for a new SomethingAwful spinoff that pays people.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

please dont post my banme before I get to

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Can someone tell BlueDeanie?

Bluedeanie posted:

A handshake deal has been reached just in time for my self imposed titodick banme deadline. I really do carry a lot of weight around here

For real I'm gonna wanna see some evidence lowtax isnt getting some sort of Forums Alimony but I will stick around a bit longer to see how things go. :)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

I'm gonna copy paste something someone else said in response to the thought that I think sums it up well.

yeah, don't let perfect be the enemy of good here, you gotta get rid of him somehiow

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Basically this. It's come up in another of my Discord, and a few people are having real misgivings about buying him out, but...it means we get what we want, and he has even more incentive to remain gone.

A buyout is not "alimony." I am fine with a buyout and in fact expect it is the only way SA exists without lowtax short of him dying and having left the site to someone in particular in his will. I do not expect anyone to part with their primary income source for free, much less a cantankerous, lazy dipshit of an rear end in a top hat with no marketable skills.

However, I am not fine with him maintaining any sort of partial or nominal ownership of this site, or receiving any longterm or indefinite and/or percentage based installment payments. If I am to continue posting and contributing as a Unique Daily User (something that contributes to this site's profitability regardless of adblock) then I want to know it is without him involved financially in any way.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Jon Anik ruined Ben Rothwell's special night

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mauro Ranallo has a special catchphrase he screams any time someone gets kicked in the balls, and he can't stop talkint about how he wants to gently caress the lady fighters mid match. And Michael Schiavello exists. But sure go on thinking Goldberg is the single worst of all time

e: Julie Kedzie is worse too

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yeah Cormier in particular owns. In particular I loved when he called Jones vs OSP, and despite everything about their past, their personalities and Jones' performance, Cormier was professional and flattering. You never would have known those two dudes hated each other and Jones beat Cormier twice in weird circumstances.

Meanwhile, just close your eyes and imagine Cruz calling a fight with Faber, TJ or Garbrandt.

Foul Fowl posted:

mike goldberg famously has no catchphrases repeated ad nauseam

"IT IS ALL OVER" and "TEEP!" and various sponsorship plugs (which anyone else would have to do) is way better than "a kick to the peninsula south of the border" and you are a fool if you believe otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I used to not be a fan of Anik but that was largely due to the fact that he was paired almost exclusively with Kenny Florian when he first started calling the UFC, ans they have extremely similar voices and commentary styles so they just blurred together. I think he is fine now that they have stopped doing that.