Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lid posted:

Fight Island is Abu Dhabi.

A lovely venue tbf and the hotels were underwhelming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The fights are going to be inside in Abu Dahbi its hot as the devils taint and I hope they do a good job of actually air conditoning the ring because it was 90 degree's in the fuckin arena last time and I was dehydrated as gently caress just hangin out there LOL if you had to fight in that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really enjoyed watching Poirier last night. He put on a fantastic fight and the nickname "The Diamond" is for real. I think he showed alot of growth as a fighter since his Khabib loss. His play against the fence was shades of Khabib playing with the far post but the most impressive thing (other than his chin jesus christ) for me was Poirier's work off his back. I've never really seen him be active much less offensive off the back but he had a hell of a gameplan. He flashed armbarms and triangles against Hooker but he was too long to slap something together so he transitioned to pushing his head up and slicing him from the bottom with elbows.

He learned ALOT from his fight against Khabib and I hope he takes the loser of Khabib Gajethe. Idk if Dana would let Khabib get an immediate rematch if he lost, you'd think an international superstar with an undefeated run would be good enough to deserve one. Outside shot at Tony near the end of the year or early 2021 with the winner getting a title shot would be solid too. Comedy option would be Mcgregor for a bunch of money and I think this version of Poirier beats Mcgregor

ps: Does anyone have clips of Dustins guardwork?