Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

lmao Joe just said "Raphael dos Anjos" instead of Assuncao hahahaha

And now he's catching himself saying Cody instead of Cory and he still can't get it right, lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Rogan’s overdone the THC tonight.
DC might have just picked up a contact high.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
Give him a break. He clearly forgot to take his AlphaBrain tonight

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

sleep with the vicious posted:

ahh, the return of the 'goons who think female mma champions can beat a male ufc fighter'

welcome back, friend, and think long and hard about the choices that brought you here

It was a joke. I don't frequent the MMA forum enough to know that people had seriously suggested it often. Sorry y'all

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rest his guts posted:

Give him a break. He clearly forgot to take his AlphaBrain tonight

Between him and 50 Milligram DC the commentary has been all over the place tonight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

DC constantly being giddy like a kid on Christmas was one of the best parts of the night

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

It was a joke. I don't frequent the MMA forum enough to know that people had seriously suggested it often. Sorry y'all

Well sorry for being too sarcastic at you then. Yes it was a genuine argument back when rousey was champion...many goons thought she could win a mens title, and sports radio commentators had hot takes that she could box floyd mayweather. it was a bad time for mma arguments

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
PotN bonuses to Cody, Aljo, Sean and Alex Perez, no FotN.

edit: I was wondering what the actual point of this fight was. Were we really clamoring for Nunes to defend the belt? Well, wonder no more friends. It was all about aesthetics.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1269495309337391105

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 7, 2020

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Memento posted:

PotN bonuses to Cody, Aljo, Sean and Alex Perez, no FotN.

edit: I was wondering what the actual point of this fight was. Were we really clamoring for Nunes to defend the belt? Well, wonder no more friends. It was all about aesthetics.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1269495309337391105

Eh probably more they needed someone with a belt to fight and nunes probably laughed when she heard her opponent and thought, "well i don't have to cut or try very hard"

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

McGregor just announced his retirement. Can’t wait for the first question of the press conference.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jabro posted:

McGregor just announced his retirement. Can’t wait for the first question of the press conference.

Someone just asked it in the press conference, Dana started (not) answering by saying "I just wanna remind everyone that we're in a pandemic, people are wearing masks, there's protests, there's riots, everyone's angry" AND THEN THE loving STREAM CUTS TO "The stream has ended, thanks for watching" hahahahahahahaha just mid loving sentence

edit: as I hit post, the stream came back to "Here's the thing about masvidal" :shrug:

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013

MakaVillian posted:

UFC threads are just mean. It makes it more fun when nothing interesting is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

sleep with the vicious posted:

Well sorry for being too sarcastic at you then. Yes it was a genuine argument back when rousey was champion...many goons thought she could win a mens title, and sports radio commentators had hot takes that she could box floyd mayweather. it was a bad time for mma arguments

i forgot about the mayweather arguments...woof