Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
umm obviously part of the Gangster Computer God Worldwide Secret Containment Policy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
it means kubrick wants hot tar funneled into his rear end with a traffic cone

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
No wizards, no masters.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
kubrick didn't mean poo poo about gently caress

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Maybe he just really likes argyle

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
classic Kubes!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The side squares appear in all of his movies, and signify that all of the films take place in the same cinematic universe, or the KCU as it’s known among Kubeheads.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've checked it over and cross referenced the symbolism across several films and the results seem emphatic and undeniable, Kubrick was saying you are terribly ugly OP. Nothing to be done.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
"I'mma use the hosed up poo poo I see in my dreams to make money. Sure hope no one reads too much into this, but lol if they do, more cash for me."

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Well I'll be damned, OP you're right.

I had to zoom in a bit in each frame and run some highly specialized enhancement filters... look what I found:

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it represents the creative force and way

the one to the top right though represents the actualization of the way

so you see there are 7 diamonds in the three pictures

the first one you see the diamonds are baby blue which realizes as the time for the necessity and critical time for the actualization of the way as the paradigm shifts and presents a preview of the unfolding way in the year 2006

in it's own way

whereas the real and perfected way was actualized in 2020 which is the critical time, the beginning

where the way aligns as 3 rather than 1

as the picture is to the top right

the actualization of the actualization of the way has become directly manifest as it unveils itself

the miracle of life, the miracle of nature

becomes the mystery

as it unravels

the world is life

in harmony

the balance and the duality

power and love

the perfection

finalized in 1000 years

eternally

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Stanley Kubrik cannot draw a square to save his loving life OP

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
is it just me or is kubrick kind of a weird looking guy?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Also take note of his use of circles, primarily on doorknobs, dinner plates, and car tires just to name a few examples. What is his obsession with shapes??? A tortured genius for sure

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Room 236 is legitimately one of the best film documentaries I've ever seen, seeing human pattern recognition just form the craziest associations possible with the flimsiest evidence.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Willfrey posted:

Also take note of his use of circles, primarily on doorknobs, dinner plates, and car tires just to name a few examples. What is his obsession with shapes??? A tortured genius for sure

So you're saying Kubrick founded A.N.T..i.F.A.?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Nature's Harmonic 96 hour 4 CORNER SIMULTANEOUS ROTATION DAY Cubic Creation Wisdom in One Earth Rotation debunks boring academic singularity bastards hired to destroy your ability to think opposite. You cannot comprehend Opposite Creation.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
woah man, im like, freakin out!

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

it represents the six lower sephirot of the kabbalah and the phenomenon of crossing the abyss of da'at to attain gnosis, OP

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Sleeveless posted:

Room 236 is legitimately one of the best film documentaries I've ever seen, seeing human pattern recognition just form the craziest associations possible with the flimsiest evidence.

it's absolutely incredible, everything about the way humans make meaning out of stories is contained within. Room 236 contains the secrets of the universe.

and everybody i've watched it with hates it because "lol they're just crazy"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

COVID-420 posted:

it's absolutely incredible, everything about the way humans make meaning out of stories is contained within. Room 236 contains the secrets of the universe.

and everybody i've watched it with hates it because "lol they're just crazy"

The fact that there are a lot of serious film people who were too stupid to realize that the documentary wasn't presenting the theories uncritically just because it didn't have a voiceover or commentary telling the audience that you were supposed to laugh is so depressing.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
👀 Whoa!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

The fact that there are a lot of serious film people who were too stupid to realize that the documentary wasn't presenting the theories uncritically just because it didn't have a voiceover or commentary telling the audience that you were supposed to laugh is so depressing.
I think they got it, but admitting that their entire chosen hobby/profession contains a lot of artifice and that even randos can do their job just as well was a bridge too far. Better to appear dense, befuddled, but secure in pretensions than admit you're part of the hoi polloi.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nothing Kubrick ever did was an accident!

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
You seen any Dario Argento films where he uses lighting to amazing effect, to set scenes but also create flow between scenes.

Now just imagine someone using shapes or objects.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Stanley Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide Shut

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

JK Fresco posted:

Stanley Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide Shut

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I gotta confess here that outside of the finale, I think 2001 is boring as all hell.

The Shining still loving rules, though.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The diamond things in 2001 are supposed to be aliens / advanced beings that the astronaut meets

Book explains it better

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I don't know
WIZARD MASTER
what do yoi think it means?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

kubrick was murdered because eyes wide shut sucked

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

it represents the creative force and way
the one to the top right though represents the actualization of the way
so you see there are 7 diamonds in the three pictures
the first one you see the diamonds are baby blue which realizes as the time for the necessity and critical time for the actualization of the way as the paradigm shifts and presents a preview of the unfolding way in the year 2006
in it's own way
whereas the real and perfected way was actualized in 2020 which is the critical time, the beginning
where the way aligns as 3 rather than 1
as the picture is to the top right
the actualization of the actualization of the way has become directly manifest as it unveils itself
the miracle of life, the miracle of nature
becomes the mystery
as it unravels
the world is life
in harmony
the balance and the duality
power and love
the perfection
finalized in 1000 years
eternally

eat a bowl of gently caress

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gleebster posted:

Clearly he meant
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE '2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPiTER

could you imagine actually being resurrected on jupiter just to instantly get vaporized under the weight of a thrillion atmospheres. it would own. im coming for you toynbee

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Fartacus Stanley Poo Brick

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Bravo le Film Sir! Well trolled!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
The Shining novel was based on a hotel called The STANLEY

The movie has an opening theme by WENDY Carlos

Danny was played by a kid named DANNY

Jack was played by a guy named JACK

:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Kubrick was murdered for veering too far from the original plot of The Shining.