Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
even before he started hiding these profound messages in his filmes he already made the best movie ever dr strangelove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
👀 Whoa!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The most important piece of the puzzle is Kubrick's never actually making a movie about Napoleon Bonaparte, despite researching him extensively. It's incredibly obvious now, isn't it, Mandrake?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

My favorite Kubrick trivia is how he obsessed over non-euclidian geometry during his undergrad at Duke to such an extent that his professors had to reduce their office hours just to avoid him. This would come into focus during the filming of The Shining because the structure of the hotel constantly shifts and warps as if the hotel itself is a living breathing malevolent force.

Or it could be that his set designer was just designing sets like a normal human being who isn't playing 12th dimensional chess, and didn't realize his set design would become a drooling obsession of poop socking social shut ins 50 years later

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I love Kubrick because he was a great director. I hate Kubrick because he somehow tricked a generation of people into thinking The Shining was anything more than a mediocre horror movie. He was a land of contrasts.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Watched Eurotrip the other night, I think it's one of Stanley's best. Didn't expect to see quite that much cock and ball torture though!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
👀 Whoa!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A wizard did it.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

holy loving poo poo :350:

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Stanley Poodick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You can unironically do this for the ending of 2001