Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Flavahbeast posted:

kubrick was murdered because eyes wide shut sucked

Kubrick was murdered because The Shining wasn't a faithful adaptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

chaosbreather posted:

2001 is extremely boring and Kubrik is insanely overrated. No-one explained to him that films are meant to be good things you enjoy. His oeuvre ranges from tedious to just traumatic. I find it difficult to imagine anyone who isn't crazy coming out of one of his movies with a smile on their face. They're like the equivalent of those ghost chilli peppers: consuming either requires masochism to subsume taste.

Ah, very cool. I love garbage opinions pulled from your fetid rear end talking about how maybe the greatest film director in human history was never talented because his movies don't make you smile???

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Fried Watermelon posted:

2001 is actually an amazing movie that holds up to this day

More movies should have slower moments where things aren't explained to you

Exactly. 2001 is an amazingly unique, unparalleled iconic movie that doesn't bombard you with goofy moments and blatantly obvious, lazy exposition like plenty of tedious, unimaginative modern sci-fi flicks do too. It's a wonderful movie because it doesn't do whatever that weird dude is talking about in his very bad posts.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 10, 2020

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

chaosbreather posted:

I find it notable how people who can’t form a cogent argument on a free matter of taste find it necessary to armchair psychoanalyse them in a dehumanising way, talking about them like they weren’t present rather than engage in a discussion in good faith about a subject where there is no objective truth. It’s pretty good trolling I suppose but you have to wonder about their childhoods.

I hope you get terrorized by Jack Nicholson forever until you stop posting because you really suck.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

hakimashou posted:

stanley kubrick is probably the best film maker