Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT Championship -- Adam Cole (c) vs. Velveteen Dream (Backlot Brawl): Cole was planning to celebrate a year as NXT champion when Dream stepped in. After ruining the celebration and dropping an elbow from the top rope to the floor, Cole requested to negotiate with NXT general manager William Regal. Those negotiations secured Dream the title shot ... under the condition that if he's unsuccessful in his quest to finally capture the top prize in NXT, he cannot challenge for the championship again as long as Cole is champion. What's more, multiple reports have surfaced that the match has already been pre-taped in Orlando, signaling that WWE will be going the cinematic route once again for this Backlot Brawl with one of its more prominent PPV matches during the pandemic.

North American Championship -- Keith Lee (c) vs. Johnny Gargano: Gargano and Candice LeRae have set their sights on Lee and Mia Yim, calling them little more than NXT's latest flavors of the month. Amid this new feud sparking, it was announced that Gargano will challenge Lee for the title at NXT TakeOver.

NXT Women's Championship -- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Io Shirai: Flair has been everywhere lately -- on Raw and SmackDown more than even NXT where she reigns as champion. Shirai won a ladder match to earn her shot at the title and won the match by disqualification, allowing Flair to retain the title. Ripley involved herself and then met Shirai in a match that ended in a no contest after Flair attacked both women. On the heels of the chaos, the three will now meet in a title match at the pay-per-view.

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Karrion Kross: Kross made Ciampa his first target after Ciampa finally put his feud with Johnny Gargano behind him. Kross attacked Ciampa and left him laying prior to his in-ring debut, making an immediate statement. Ciampa returned weeks later, and despite admitting a certain level of respect for Kross' actions, plans to prove the attack was a mistake at TakeOver.

Finn Balor vs. Damien Priest: Much like the situation between Ciampa and Kross, Balor was the victim of a backstage attack with the culprit eventually revealed to be Priest. Priest made the reveal after attacking Balor for a second time, this time during a match with Cameron Grimes. Priest said the move is about building legacy, and he's looking to do it by taking out one of NXT's all-time greats.

Mia Yim, Tegan Nox, & Shotzi Blackheart vs. Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez: This match was announced on the go-home episode of NXT on Wednesday, and should serve as a solid showcase for the depth of the women's division.

Taken from https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/2020-nxt-takeover-in-your-house-card-matches-start-time-date-location-rumors/

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've never seen a bad Takeover but this has to be the Takeover I am the least interested in of all time. The brand just seems so dead :sigh:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
*turns on preshow and sees Sam Roberts* Off to a great start

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

I've never seen a bad Takeover but this has to be the Takeover I am the least interested in of all time. The brand just seems so dead :sigh:

Couldn't have picked a better one to name In Your House

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Todd Pettingill lol

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Todd Pettengill looks like poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What high school talent show did this band win

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im invoking my 3rd amendment rights

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"Blow the roof off................ in a parking lot brawl"

Did he just say Io Shy?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is cringey as gently caress

e: This is Code Orange? lolol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Still better than Downstait

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

If you told me the bassist was also in some lovely tag team working the undercard tonight I'd probably believe you.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

accept that rock is dead old man

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
what the hell is this emo metalcore poo poo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This song suuuuuucks

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Sadly Downstrait is a thing so that was only the second worst live performance at a wrestling show this year.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Punishment Martinez's band fuckin sucks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Okay the show can only get better from here

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Why did Code Orange kick so much rear end playing in Aleister Black, but suck so much tonight?!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
NO BAND IS EVER TRULY GOOD

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is gonna be a hatewatch, isn't it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The people beating on the plexiglass like they're trying to escape is so gifable

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I forgot Nigel isn't doing commentary anymore (then again, I also don't watch NXT :shrug:)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anyone know if The Velveteen dream thinks adam cole is a student boy under the age of 18 due to his height.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Man that is a giant woman. Let's just replace Nia with her.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Everything in WWE is so Goddamn cringeworthy

e: Making my point, the "crowd" immediately starts a "this is awesome" chant :fuckoff:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol the immediate canned This Is Awesome chant.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I loving love Shotzi and I'm excited to see her on my TV

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dango Bango posted:

Everything in WWE is so Goddamn cringeworthy

Crowd: THIS IS AWESOME *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Well they blew that one early.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Three good catches

Four

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shotzi should never do dives :gonk:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
First time I've seen a scorpion kick outside of a kung fu movie

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

First time I've seen a scorpion kick outside of a kung fu movie

Reminded me I can turn this off in about two hours for the Bruce Lee 30 for 30

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Does ANYBODY have any nostalgia for the IN YOUR HOUSE aesthetic? :confused:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Todd Pettingill got paid for this, so I'm going to guess he does

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

No but least they went all in on using this again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Look they've brought everything back from the 90s except Duke Dreouse and the Bra and Panties match. It was just next on the list.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

there's a Takeover tonight???

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I keep laughing at how often the heels have to literally put Shotzi in position for the next spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The average NXT viewer has fond memories of watching IYH PPVs with their grandchildren.