Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

my dog died im sad posted:

This came up with the vacman ad. How did I not hear about these.
Young me would've wanted these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrEVMJgzZA

Probably pretty shortlived, vacman or at least the other stretch armstrong toys made from the same thing were incredibly flimsy. I got 2-3 of them because I really liked the concept and they'd all break from using them even half as much as shown on the as from the ads and that's even in the hands of a kid that was pretty delicate about not wanting to damage their toys, let alone someone who tried to use the stretch and bend the toys literally marketed as stretchable and bendable. Assuming they didn't come with pinhole leaks that made them just lovely and messy mini-beanbags, that happened too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Ashens reviewed a similiar toy line, some of them really deteriorated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfITuUqLPk

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

Floam was awesome, the Nickelodeon aesthetic of the 90's in general was awesome. I have a lifelong love of neon colors and gross out humor thanks to Uh Oh and You Can't Do That On Television

Floam is a word I use frequently now.

Yo, I be floaming son. Floamed all over that ho.

My homie got jacked so I pulled out my floam and fired a few rounds.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they see me floamin
they hatin
patrolling they trying to catch me floaming dirty

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Get you some silly putty,

and some funny pages,

now you got a stew goin

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

they see me floamin
they hatin

:hfive:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The_Continental posted:

Get you some silly putty,

and some funny pages,

now you got a stew goin

Hell yeah. Gonna see how big i can make mardadukes dick before the whole thing turns into a worthless pink blob and rots in a corner of my room

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Silly putty no longer copies comic strips because it can only copy images made with petroleum based inks, and modern newspapers only use vegetable based inks.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Silly putty smells like ads after a couple months

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I think about Floam a lot. I like the word Floam. Floam.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Floam tha police

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

they see me floamin
they hatin

Now Floam got the freaks and that's a known fact Before I got gak'd, I was on the same track
Back up back up 'cause it's on F-L-O-A-M and me, tha Big ol Beefy C

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
loot of the floam

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bronze Fonz posted:

This firehouse?

Oh god, the slimy memories!

Yeah, and the ecto 1, poo poo I even had raymond, and the wall projector/proton pack handle.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

It's not quite Floam and we only have blue but I tried

ahaha cool

I have a confession to make
I thought I was quoting a floam commercial, but I was actually quoting a zyrofoam commercial, so it looked like I was just telling you to make spongebob for no reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNblqUTQ9FI (0:13)
(later on they added a guy quickly saying FROM NICKELODEON)

I have no idea what zyrofoam is. they're both made by nickelodeon. a rebranding, or some kind of pretender to the throne?

but anyway thanks for making a floamy spongebob

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Silly putty no longer copies comic strips because it can only copy images made with petroleum based inks, and modern newspapers only use vegetable based inks.

this aged me more than witnessing the birth of my third child.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cubone posted:

ahaha cool

I have a confession to make
I thought I was quoting a floam commercial, but I was actually quoting a zyrofoam commercial, so it looked like I was just telling you to make spongebob for no reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNblqUTQ9FI (0:13)
(later on they added a guy quickly saying FROM NICKELODEON)

I have no idea what zyrofoam is. they're both made by nickelodeon. a rebranding, or some kind of pretender to the throne?

but anyway thanks for making a floamy spongebob

lmao no problem I'm glad you saw it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mozi posted:

i left some Gak or similar product on the wooden coffee table and it permanently stripped a gak-sized area from the surface

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I was at Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando Florida sometime in the late(?) 90s, visiting their incredible gift shop. They had all the gak and stuff but right next to it they had Nickelodeon slime. Not gak, slime. Was it the slime they dumped on people? That exploded from the slime fountain?

I did not know. What I did know was that, seeing gak and slime side by side, it was like unearthing a perfectly preserved Australopithecus specimen. The original, the ancestor of all gak and floam. It was beautiful, it was mysterious. And to this day it remains a mystery because it was like nine bucks I think and my grandma would not buy it for me.

Don't live your life with regrets like I have.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wanted to compete on Guts as a kid. Or Temple. Or DD. I wanted a piece of the radical rock

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i still get pissed off when i think about kids loving up the monkey statue puzzle goddamnit just god loving DAMNIT

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pepperidge Floam remembers

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They sell gak as keyboard cleaner now

You rub the goop on it and all your stray pubes and weed crumbs get picked up

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SeXReX posted:

They sell gak as keyboard cleaner now

You rub the goop on it and all your stray pubes and weed crumbs get picked up

do the weed crumbs come off easily asking for a friend

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sid Vicious posted:

do the weed crumbs come off easily asking for a friend

I wouldn't trust smoking weed picked up by it and I once smoked a bowl of weed crumbs we pulled out from between the slats of a picnic table in the park

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My parents bought my brother and I a bunch of little silly putty eggs that were all these different colors. Of course we IMMEDIATELY combined them all into one super egg of putty that ended up being kind of a dark brown fleshy color.

Somebody at school told me you could clean silly putty with dish washing detergent, so I tried doing that after we picked up a ton of carpet fibers and hair and random dirt. The putty lost all stickiness and just kind of fell apart then.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Big Beef City posted:

Now Floam got the freaks and that's a known fact Before I got gak'd, I was on the same track
Back up back up 'cause it's on F-L-O-A-M and me, tha Big ol Beefy C

Regulators, FLOAM up!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

My parents bought my brother and I a bunch of little silly putty eggs that were all these different colors. Of course we IMMEDIATELY combined them all into one super egg of putty that ended up being kind of a dark brown fleshy color.

Somebody at school told me you could clean silly putty with dish washing detergent, so I tried doing that after we picked up a ton of carpet fibers and hair and random dirt. The putty lost all stickiness and just kind of fell apart then.

drat rip

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What was that sand? toy that was designed to make things underwater, but colaspe in the air. I remember it being advertised a lot on Nick.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
is this a floam i see before me,
the floamishness towards my hand? come, let me squeeze thee

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Maigius posted:

What was that sand? toy that was designed to make things underwater, but colaspe in the air. I remember it being advertised a lot on Nick.

I think it was called Crazy Sand or something? I never had it but I remember some local toy store having a display setup and I was fascinated by how this stuff worked.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Remember yesterday, gak and slime in hand
Love letters in MoonSandTM I remember Floam
Through all the sticky hands through every ruined rug
I’d wanna hear you say
I remember, I remember FLOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

sid vicious is slime dad

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Maigius posted:

Sqand. That stuff was cool for a little while but you couldn't really do all that much with it, they showed people making castles and stuff with it but really it just sorta clumped together underwater. It's also hard to put away because it turns back to sand as soon as you take it out of the water you've just got a handful of sand.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Squalid posted:

sid vicious is slime dad

More like sid viscous!!!!!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Tumble posted:

Sqand. That stuff was cool for a little while but you couldn't really do all that much with it, they showed people making castles and stuff with it but really it just sorta clumped together underwater. It's also hard to put away because it turns back to sand as soon as you take it out of the water you've just got a handful of sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg35mmYzh3I

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
jfc i've looked off and on for years for the commercial that's all "we got you covered with FLOAM!"

one little bit of the song gets stuck in my head and it kind of drives me crazy that i can't remember the rest

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Cyril Sneer posted:

I remember it smelling extremely nasty.

Oh yeah floam and gak had this nasty chemical smell that would get all over your hands after using it. Didn't stop me from playing with it though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
If you're an OG like me you remember when Nickelodeon was a bunch of Canadian TV shows and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

funkybottoms posted:

jfc i've looked off and on for years for the commercial that's all "we got you covered with FLOAM!"

one little bit of the song gets stuck in my head and it kind of drives me crazy that i can't remember the rest

FLOAM, FLOAM! It'll go straight to your dome!
FLOAM, FLOAM! We're comin' right to your home!
*Mom, dad! The floam men are outside! laughing.*
FLOAM, FLOAM! We're sneaking into your room!
FLOAM, FLOAM! We're gonna see you real soon!
*..I'm scared...*
FLOAM, FLOAM! We're crawlin' under your sheets!
FLOAM, FLOAM! We love to touch on your feets!
*THIS IS THE POLICE*

Floam!