Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist - some of the best guard patrol AI I've seen in a game, the sequence with the car and the grappling hook is amazing, and the Tiger is incredibly animated. Short but worth it.
This one is very funny. It has the same creator as The Stanley Parable and has voicework by Justin Roiland. The humor sensibility combines both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maybe I'm not going to try to play all these lmao

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This one seems interesting. Kind of like "Her Story" but with a cellphone. It's got good reviews, too.

quote:

Through the interface of a mobile phone, the player must discover what happened to its owner, Sam. Digging through secrets scattered among apps, text messages and photo galleries, the player-voyeur starts witnessing the emotions of Sam, and behind the apparent light-heartedness of a teenage story, their questioning on coming of age, homophobia, depression or the search of oneself.

It apparently has a sequel, too, which is also included in this drat bundle which includes EVERYTHING ever made.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 9, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Sleeveless posted:

The head of the developer of Read Only Memories and his replacement were both ousted for various #MeToo and labor issues, considering the cause this charity fundraiser is supposed to be for it's kind of weird that they signal boosted a game with such toxic developers. But hey, if you wanted to play a mediocre Snatcher knockoff where furries are a persecuted minority now you can do it without actually giving them money.
Well, poo poo :(

Cojawfee posted:

Also, can the OP be updated with info on how to use the itch app with this bundle? If you click download and then add to a collection, it then adds the game to your library. Then you can just open the app, look at your library and then click install. Kind of annoying, but at least you don't have to deal with 1200 games being in your library.
I'll add something in.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

42 pages now. Is there any way to sort this by recently added that I am missing?
Apparently they're working on it? They probably didn't anticipate it being this big, so the interface is not really suitable for this many games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They're apparently working on a way to add all 1200 to the library at once, too, for people like me who want to see a colossal pile of whatever the gently caress

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

This one seems interesting. Kind of like "Her Story" but with a cellphone.

I really liked A Normal Lost Phone but I played the mobile version where the control method for this fake phone is, well, your regular phone so I doubt it will work quite as well on a pc. I originally found out about it when Steve Gaynor was recommending it to people on one of his twitch streams a few years ago

But yeah it's really cool, haven't played the sequel though

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The itch.io bundle thread. Absolutely crushed humble bundle

:mmmsmug:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Look at this!

quote:

The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures is an ode to one of the oldest genres in electronic gaming. It is 772 pages in length, covers over 300 games and includes a number of interviews with classic game developers. It is an expansive tome, jam packed to the brim with history, criticism, and trivia. If you've ever asked the question "If I like LucasArts and Sierra games, what other games should I play?", then this book should be your bible.

I didn't even know I wanted this! And now I have it!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The not so humble bundle

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I hope Itch gets a big boost in adoption from this. I've purchased games on here twice before, but it'd be nice to see it becoming more popular.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saoshyant posted:

This one seems interesting. Kind of like "Her Story" but with a cellphone. It's got good reviews, too.

It apparently has a sequel, too, which is also included in this drat bundle which includes EVERYTHING ever made.

I've played both of them on Steam, they're fine. Very short detective/visual novel games about going through a missing person's lost phone and their messages, calls, internet history, and other apps. None of them are very brainy, though Sam is more about just following a thread of clues while Laura is slightly more puzzly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Saoshyant posted:

Look at this!

I didn't even know I wanted this! And now I have it!

holy poo poo that's been on my amazon wishlist for literally years as I'd waffle over wanting to own a physical copy vs cost

and now I have it! as a pdf! :toot:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zereth posted:

Do you... have anything to say about any of these games?
others have mentioned some of the games already but..

Underhero is a platformer with Paper Mario combat (I thought it was just OK but a lot of people like it)
Last Word is an RPG with conversation-themed combat (I consider this one a B-grade game)
Blitz Breaker is a speedrun-oriented game where each time you dash, you keep moving until you hit something (I really liked this one)
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a point n click adventure where you are a humble milkmaid that winds up on an alien spaceship (I thought it was solid/decent)
Golf Peaks is a card-based golf puzzle game, it's cool
The White Door is an entry in the Rusty Lake series of escape room games, which I'm a fan of
Master Spy is a stealth game with aesthetic/playstyle of late 80s arcade games

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

odiv posted:

Apparently they're working on it? They probably didn't anticipate it being this big, so the interface is not really suitable for this many games.

I know people say "well it wasn't built for this kind of thing" a lot but Itch was literally not built for poo poo like this.

The 7th Guest posted:

others have mentioned some of the games already but..

Golf Peaks is a card-based golf puzzle game, it's cool

Oh poo poo I've been looking at Golf Peaks on Switch for a while.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I wonder if that's the reason I've seen some games mentioned here I haven't seen yet ever. I imagine when it gets all settled, it'll be easier to deal with.

My poor Games list since most of these don't have Steam\GOG size grid art :(

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Irritated Goat posted:

I wonder if that's the reason I've seen some games mentioned here I haven't seen yet ever. I imagine when it gets all settled, it'll be easier to deal with.

My poor Games list since most of these don't have Steam\GOG size grid art :(

You could put them all in a category on steam and then they will still be in there but not clogging up the regular steam game list.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Well, poo poo :(

I'll add something in.

Oh sorry, I goofed up. You don't have to add it to a collection, I guess it just wasn't refreshing my app right. You just click the download link and it adds it to your library.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'm reading the Troika! RPG sourcebook and holy poo poo some of these classes/backgrounds:

quote:

Wizard Hunter
Some people say man is the most dangerous prey. They’re wrong. Can men ignite the air and freeze your blood? Can men turn into flocks of seagulls when cornered in an alley? No, they can’t. Wizards are the most dangerous prey.

quote:

Monkeymonger
Life on The Wall is hard. One is never more than a few yards from an endless fall yet those precarious villages still need to eat. This is where you come in with your Edible Monkeys (the distinction is purely for appeal since all monkeys are of course edible). You used to spend days on end dangling your feet off the edge of the world, watching over your chittering livestock while they scampered hither and thither, but there was no future in monkey meat. You wanted much more and so stepped off. Or you fell off. Either way you and some unlucky monkeys are here now and that’s all that matters.

quote:

Necromancer
The least popular of magical practitioners, Necromancers are shunned by the major centres of learning, left to their own devices on the edges of society, passing on knowledge in the time honoured master–student dynamic. This loneliness encourages students to make their own friends.
Possessions
Zombie Servant or Ghost with whom you have developed a codependent relationship.

Anyone know how the actual system plays?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Can I multiclass Necromancer with Monkeymonger to have zombie monkeys?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Can I multiclass Necromancer with Monkeymonger to have zombie monkeys?

that's a bad hybrid because you just get your rear end kicked by Vin Diesel

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Artelier posted:

Reading back the thread again, anybody wanna do this? Maybe we could do it over the week and compile impressions/reviews.

that's kind of what i was thinking, but i'm still on the fence if it's better as it's own thread as i wouldn't want to clog up this one if folks are more interested in posting updates/recommendations here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there an ichio plugin for gog galaxy by any chance, so that when they let you add all your stuff to the library i can use the latter to help track and download things?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

really queer Christmas posted:

The not so humble bundle
The Chad Itch.io Bundle: Gives you all the games. No steam keys, the games are yours forever.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Relax Or DIE posted:

that's kind of what i was thinking, but i'm still on the fence if it's better as it's own thread as i wouldn't want to clog up this one if folks are more interested in posting updates/recommendations here

Hurry up and start the thread, you nerd. I need structure if I'm ever going to play these games.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

If you want a cutesy point-and-click adventure game where you play as bunny on a quest for cake, then Parsnip is the completely innocent and wholesome game for you. It only takes an hour to play through. Best played blind, don't get spoiled by the comments on the store page. If you need a comparison that spoils the nature of the game, then I would say it's similar to something like Eversion or any other cute-yet-horrifying game

It received a sequel called The Testimony of Trixie Glimmer Smith which features a different protagonist, but takes place in the same setting and carries many of the same themes. The gameplay shifts to being pure visual novel and is much longer than Parsnip, featuring 3 story routes and 2 endings. You don't need to have played Parsnip first, but it does set up some plot points first. Don't read the store page for this if you still want to play Parsnip blind.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

I can't find the thread or poster that originally pointed this out, but the developer of the 'Cook, Serve, Delicious' series gave CSD3 Steam keys to people who had donated $10 or more to Black Lives Matter charities, intentionally making it cheaper than the daily sale on Steam:

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/1268960487867322368?s=20

I know it's over now, but if you enjoy CSD 2 from the bundle, CSD 3 is worth getting as well, if only to support David Galindo.

Looking at games I've already played before this bundle came out, 'A Short Hike', 'Celeste' and 'Minit' are all great. 'The Last Word' is a short but fun dialogue RPG, feels like a more involved insult swordfighting from Monkey Island. I never beat the challenges where you have a fixed skillset, those are much harder.

Of the new games in it, the bit of 'Beacon' I've played was fun, though I'm not a fan of speed stats in real time games. I immediately prioritised speed up on my first build, and got a mutation that negated all my boosts.

I could be doing something wrong, but 'Super Win the Game' is an exploration platformer that seems to have a lot of backtracking on a first playthrough, presumably built for speedruns. No idea how well the randomised game option works. There's no combat, but unlike the free game that it's a sequel to, there seems to be a plot this time.

If anyone has recommendations from the tabletop stuff, I got my brother to buy a copy as he's into those, but he doesn't know where to start and I have no idea what to recommend. Specifically wondering about shorter/one off games, he's been playing things over video calls with his group.

Also it was up to 45 pages of games when I posted this!

neon flame fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 9, 2020

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I am having so much fun with Lenna's Inception, holy poo poo. Anyone who likes Zelda-type games should give this one a shot, it's awesome.

And they've added THREE HUNDRED MORE GAMES since the last time I checked this thread? poo poo, I feel like I need to donate twice.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 9, 2020

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

flatluigi posted:

is there an ichio plugin for gog galaxy by any chance, so that when they let you add all your stuff to the library i can use the latter to help track and download things?

Yeah, there is one. The only bad part is no grid art.

Aardvark Barber posted:

You could put them all in a category on steam and then they will still be in there but not clogging up the regular steam game list.

I use Playnite because I have games all over the place. I usually have to find Steam's art if it's there or custom stuff off of SteamGridDB. I wish I could just import it all into Steam and it match the ones they have too but :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Since it's in there, Dujanah owns and is a great experience btw. Play it in one sitting if you can.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Happy to see beacon in the second post, it's a lot of fun.

I've been playing heavy bullets as well. It's a rogue style shooter where you have a 6 shooter and have to pick your bullets up after you fire them. It's fun!

Football Drama is cute as well. You play a coach taking over a team and different conversations earn you cards to play strategies during matches. The game mechanics are a bit impenetrable, but it's cool so far.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

don't sleep on 9 Till Void, folks.

from the game page: "9 Till Void is a turn-based deckbuilding roguelike that features neither deck nor cards. As the newly-appointed Spellsword of these lands, you must fight your way through the corruption, with an arsenal of carefully chosen spells, to reach the source of darkness and destroy it from within."

"9 Till Void is played on a 9x9 grid, where each row correlates with one of your spell slots. You can only cast a spell if your character occupies the same row on the board as the spell, so your position always matters."

it's a real neat spin on the genre.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is my first introduction to purchasing games on itch, so no better way to do it than with 1000+ games.

Anyway, is itch like steam in that once you own a game you get all future updates to it, or are these games all sort of a snapshot in time?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is my first introduction to purchasing games on itch, so no better way to do it than with 1000+ games.

Anyway, is itch like steam in that once you own a game you get all future updates to it, or are these games all sort of a snapshot in time?

To the same extent as on any other store yeah. An individual developer could post something as an expansion or dlc that isn't considered a part of what you already own, that's not really up to itch

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just by buying the bundle I've gotten two emailed updates to Mutiny Island, which was neat.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
AFAIK, updates are added like the original games, in the form of an executable or .zip folder. I think some might have addons as well, Us Lovely Corpses has an epilogue chapter in the store page for example.

I don't think this specific part will be unlike other storefronts, QOL updates are free, substantial DLCs or spin-offs have their own prices.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Samuringa posted:

AFAIK, updates are added like the original games, in the form of an executable or .zip folder. I think some might have addons as well, Us Lovely Corpses has an epilogue chapter in the store page for example.

I don't think this specific part will be unlike other storefronts, QOL updates are free, substantial DLCs or spin-offs have their own prices.

There is nothing stopping them from moving updates over to a new title and stopping development on the bundled version like going from *Indie Fantasy 1.0* to 1.5, I don't think I've seen any indie devs do that outside of groggy wargames and the like in years though and I can't imagine it going over too well with the Itch crowd.

So yeah to answer the actual question, you will receive all future updates the creators push to that project.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 9, 2020

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
This blew up in a way I never expected. I saw a call for games to add to the bundle a week ago and on a whim added my card game, Walking Doggos. A few days later I'm getting pings on Discord and the bundle had made $500,000 at that point. I was blown away.

Next thing I know I'm getting hundreds of downloads.

Now it's broken $3 million and I've seen over 1400 downloads from the three sites the game is hosted at (the majority being the itch.io bundle, obviously). So check it out! Let me know what you think if you end up playing it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Frozen Peach posted:

This blew up in a way I never expected. I saw a call for games to add to the bundle a week ago and on a whim added my card game, Walking Doggos. A few days later I'm getting pings on Discord and the bundle had made $500,000 at that point. I was blown away.

Next thing I know I'm getting hundreds of downloads.

Now it's broken $3 million and I've seen over 1400 downloads from the three sites the game is hosted at (the majority being the itch.io bundle, obviously). So check it out! Let me know what you think if you end up playing it.

I'm very happy for you. It's nice to know that this bundle is sparking interest in otherwise unseen games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wouldn't that also cause people who paid full price to also lose the updates?