Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Whybird posted:

Whoa, holy poo poo, this got finished? I played a demo ages back and was like "yeah, this is good, but they're never gonna actually complete it are they".

Shoulda learned my lesson from Iconoclasts and set a yearly reminder to check the site and see if they'd done anything more.

Yeah vision alone made the bundle worth getting for me. Total playtime was just under 5 hours, and was a wonderful experience. Just enough story and dialogue, great mechanics, upgrades that are familiar yet unique (double jump is an omnidirectional air dodge). Controls are a touch floaty and i think the final exploration mechanic comes way too late, but those are very minor complaints.

If you like metroidvanias at all this is one of the best I've played in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Just played through A Hole New World and it was a quick 90 minute NES style combat platformer. A handful of different powers that worked okay, good boss fights, long levels with varying themes. I guess the main gimmick is that all pits drop you into an upside-down world and later on you have to play a LOT of each level upside down. Kind of an artificial challenge and not a great gimmick, but it was fine.Final boss was a huge difficulty spike and took me about 10 or 15 minutes of tenacious cursing to figure him out.

It's no Shovel Knight or The Messenger but it was a nice little snack of a retro platformer.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
It looks like there are some games I've actually heard of here like Nuclear Throne and They Bleed Pixels.

So far the only game I've actually picked to play is Luck be a Landlord in which you fill the reels of a slot machine with interacting symbols to try to pay your ever increasing rent. A weird and fun twist on a deck builder.

The first bundle was worth it just for Vision:Soft Reset and I've already gotten my $5 worth from this game.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Jestery posted:

Been playing through glittermitten Grove, I rather enjoyed the opening, was quite enjoyable

The main bulk is , certainly something.

I mean, it's not a secret that the game is actually Frog Fractions 2 right?