Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I started playing random games since Itch has a lot of hidden goodies (though just for an hour or less right now). I also got a lot of games off my wishlist, and the fact that more seem to be coming makes me think I should donate more.

Last Knight - Cute with really good production values. Some bits aren't explained well, and the installer is... odd, but levels have randomized obstacles and are short so you don't get stuck long. Worth it if you like third person platforming.

Wave to the people - One-button game you'll get in a minute and enjoy for five (or more). Very cute, worth the download. Read the readme.txt you get.

Intrepid - Quick Bitsy adventure game, done pretty well. Only seems to have bad 'gotcha' endings unless I missed something.

On Rusty Trails - Platformer navigation with terrain toggling. The story actually works well with minimal text, pictograms, and level layout. Kinda tough for my taste, but I suck at platformers. Lot of levels to get through, well-done presentation, great music. From the Tiny and Big developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I will rec EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER as my favorite VN/top down brawler featuring mechs made of meat and a bunch of fuckups beating the snot out of fascists. The VN parts are really good, maybe a bit 'this reads more like a tweet than dialog' but that ended up being part of the charm. The brawler stuff looks really sketchy and it can be unclear, but the special moves of different characters make it play really different depending on your pilot, and when you pull off a nice move you feel badass. You could probably beat it in a couple hours.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I really liked Diaries too, but the game nuked my progress one day and the game is exhausting enough that I lost all interest in starting over.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Scrapper - I'm kind of torn on this one. Nice presentation for a 'navigate a messy space at speed' spaceship game. Good number of mission types, the unlocks are just slight variations on ship components. Feels too 'constant attention' especially since there's no reason not to just go straight - more arena is generated ahead of wherever you fly. Despite it being quick to exhaust what it offers I kind of want to play more.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The Queen Returns in the bundle is also a single player TTRPG. It's a one page thing, kind of interesting, though I think it needs a little more meat to be as evocative as it would like to be. I'm still tempted to try running it here.

I would also like to mention Golem Creation Kit which has some super nice visuals (most of the time) that remind me of adventure games in the early/mid 90s. The game itself involves grabbing scenery from landscapes (seriously you just pick up forests and clouds and whatnot) and stuff them into a cauldron to create a golem that helps you out with certain wizard problems. The big issue is that you can have certain requirements for the golem via the ingredients used - and you're on a timer to grab stuff, some of which is underneath other stuff. The ingredient requirements make it a puzzle, but the timer makes it annoying. Fortunately you can turn the timer off (looks like a late addition), and I think I'd recommend doing that off the bat.

The golems appear to be extremely varied depending on what you make it out of, and it ends up pretty charming.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Kitfox88 posted:

They based possum springs off the town I was born and spent early years of my life in and it’s unnerving seeing features that I can connect back to the irl town. Nailed the dying rust belt feel tho

Greetings fellow western PAer. I'm glad to have gotten out of my town but now I wonder about all the history no one ever told me about it.

Ugh. That's gross but I guess I know who I should throw some extra bucks to.

Twobirds fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 18, 2020

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Lt. Danger posted:

there are a whole bunch of indie games, some in this bundle, where the big twist is everything that seemed normal is actually hosed Up and suddenly a horror game

I wonder why people are inspired to make games like that. I guess we'll never know.

Sputnik's comment about A Short Hike reminded me of me playing Frog Detective with my 4-year-old nephew, and it's mostly fine, but there's one bit where the characters straight-faced say that books are always 100% inaccurate and you should just trust the internet on everything. Since I was reading it to him while we played I just kind of hmmed past that part. Don't think he would have gotten that joke.

Speed Dating For Ghosts is indeed great. Worth replaying for multiple dates.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I think it has a pretty slow start. You're not invested until you learn about people's lives, including your own, and I thought it was doled out kind of haphazardly in the beginning. It does all come together, though.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I really liked that one of the authors said that part of it was inventing new mythology, as the stories we've been telling ourselves for so long simply aren't working.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The Random Bundle Game gave me Plunge, which is a roguelike puzzle game where you traverse a randomized board with enemies, traps, and bonuses (the movement gimmick is that you slide in a direction until you hit a wall or an enemy). Each level only takes a minute, and the randomization leans towards quick and easy, so the game isn't very hard. The art style is cool and animations/movement/sound effects are slick and chunky. It plays really nice.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I found Hex Kit (a hex map creator with a bunch of tilesets) and Space Station Architect through the Game Making Assets in this setup just going by likely names.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Already removed, guess it was premature.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

There is music i made in this bundle, so deffo listen to all the music haha :)

You can't say that and not link it!!!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Br3instyrm posted:

How about the economy went kaput - bundle?

Minimum contribution: $1 or 13 ETH

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

There are a lot more people horny for orcs than I ever suspected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Yeah I saw a few I was interested in, like Coffee Talk, Magic Wand (made by the SPACE FUNERAL folks), and Lordsworn, a TTRPG about crusaders who are basically doing the walk of shame back home after their god bites it in the climatic battle.