Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Almost everything I've played has been mentioned in the thread already, but I do have one thing to add:

The Sword and the Slime

Short, somewhat puzzle somewhat platformer game. You control a floating sword with the mouse and have a slime following you. Your goal is generally to get both of you to the exit of each level.

The visual style is sharp and pretty well-done, with some charming details in the animations and mechanics. The gameplay is unique and quite interesting, but can be frustrating; it sometimes feels like you're platforming with the slime using mouse controls on a two-second delay - which is exactly as fun as it sounds - and while the restart is fast it's not fast enough. I'd still say the game is worth the time to try out, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

f#a# posted:

Not a single post about Starseed Pilgrim huh?

Weird; I'd swear it was talked about a few pages back which is why I didn't mention it again, but I can't find anything now.

It is as others have mentioned a very impenetrable game, and personally I thought that the content you can eventually find was too little too late, but it's definitely an interesting puzzle in its own right. Worth playing for as long as it holds your attention.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

I really enjoyed the Airships game for a few hours, but am not finding much else in this bundle that interests me. Are there any other good strategy or simish/building games buried away in here?

I've not had time to try any of them yet but Mewnbase, Odd Realm and Flash Point fall into those vague genres and have been recommended. Possibly Mendel too?

edit: It probably doesn't merit its own thread, but Humble have just put up their own racial justice bundle. Somewhat more heavy hitters and a much higher minimum donation. Ironically since it's mostly well-known names it seems far less interesting to me than itch's.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 16, 2020

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Highly recommend Baba Is You to anybody who is either super into puzzle games or super into getting really frustrated and feeling like the dumbest person alive

Oh, absolutely; any of the top six games alone are must-owns for anyone with even the slightest interest in their genres, and there's no question the bundle is worth the price even if you somehow ignored the charity aspect. They're mostly the sort of games a lot of people will already have, though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It is happening again. It is happening again.

Itch.io Indie bundle for Palestinian Aid; 1,019+ DRM-free items for a minimum donation of $5, all profits go to UNRWA.

I guess this is an annual thing now? I haven't spotted much in the way of huge headliners yet but most of those weren't added until a few days in last time either. I imagine that for most people who got or missed last year's bundle this one will be an easy decision; there does seem to be a bit of overlap with last time but most of what I see scrolling down seems new.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It does bother me a little that they allow people to submit free games to the bundle, especially ones with paid sequels not in the bundle. At that point aren't you just getting free publicity under a paper-thin guise of supporting charity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So is this bundle doing the same thing the last two were doing where it all gets bukkake'd into your itch library at once until they push an update that only adds the stuff once you click on it? Or is it add-on-click from the start this time?

The really big bundles have never added everything to your library automatically. People have been asking since the first one for a button to do that, but itch have never added one.