Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Goku?
Goku.
GOKU!
View Results

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

dee eight posted:

eat a bag of dicks

I don't think I can feed that to a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Derpies posted:

I don't think I can feed that to a child

what does that have to do with your diet?

give the child spaghetti O's and you eat the dicks

e: btw i dint vote in ur stupid poll because gently caress anime gently caress goku and gently caress the whole drat internet

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now posted:

I'm not gonna challenge anyone, but I just learned how to make home made Alfredo sauce and it's insane how much better it is than the stuff in a jar and I want to share.

Melt a stick of butter until it juuuuuuust starts to brown, fry garlic in the butter as it does so (follow your heart on how much to use (a lot)), add two cups of heavy cream, a pinch of nutmeg and paprika and a half pinch of chili powder. Add in a cup of finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese and a little bit of mozzarella too. Salt and pepper to taste. Takes about ten minutes, less time than it does to doctor up a store bought jar.

I like posts like this because I would never think to add nutmeg, paprika, or chili powder to Alfredo, and now it makes me think about other milk/cheese based dishes that could benefit from any/all of those things.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Alright alright back to the food

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I like posts like this because I would never think to add nutmeg, paprika, or chili powder to Alfredo, and now it makes me think about other milk/cheese based dishes that could benefit from any/all of those things.

Honestly I add a few shakes of smoked paprika and chili powder to basically all my sauces.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Paprika makes everything better

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I'm not gonna challenge anyone, but I just learned how to make home made Alfredo sauce and it's insane how much better it is than the stuff in a jar and I want to share.

Melt a stick of butter until it juuuuuuust starts to brown, fry garlic in the butter as it does so (follow your heart on how much to use (a lot)), add two cups of heavy cream, a pinch of nutmeg and paprika and a half pinch of chili powder. Add in a cup of finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese and a little bit of mozzarella too. Salt and pepper to taste. Takes about ten minutes, less time than it does to doctor up a store bought jar.

Uh oh. I knew Alfredo was unhealthy but that’s gotta be like 4000 calories of fat between the whole stick of butter and two cups of cream. I’d never looked at a recipe before. Reminds me of the first time I made chocolate chip cookies and I realized they’re 90% butter and sugar and chocolate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JackBandit posted:

Uh oh. I knew Alfredo was unhealthy but that’s gotta be like 4000 calories of fat between the whole stick of butter and two cups of cream. I’d never looked at a recipe before. Reminds me of the first time I made chocolate chip cookies and I realized they’re 90% butter and sugar and chocolate.

It would be very unhealthy to just drink like eight servings of Alfredo sauce, yes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Who What Now posted:

It would be very unhealthy to just drink like eight servings of Alfredo sauce, yes.

lmao loving owned d

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Don’t tell me how to live my life

It’s completely fine I hide empty bottles of Alfredo sauce from my wife

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
What’s in the hydro flask burrito?

Nothing

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What’s in the hydro flask burrito?

Nothing

nice camelbak, you hike bro?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

nice camelbak, you hike bro?

Slurps heavily

Yeah man I do whatever

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dude doesn't hike...psh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Left over 98% lean hamburger
Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

Plate in Tupperware (medium)

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

I want to die immediately. Instant death.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Burt Sexual posted:

Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

NUKE THAT RIGHT NOW AND EAT IT

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

It's like the national bachelor dish

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

This has the same energy as Spin's breakfast

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That little speck on the tator tot is not an ash from my smoke, it’s oragano.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Who What Now posted:

This has the same energy as Spin's breakfast

lol

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

That little speck on the tator tot is not an ash from my smoke, it’s oragano.

Thank you for clarifying

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Strong midwest energy in that dish, Burt

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Needs some kind of cheese added to it imo. Maybe add onion. Then put it in between some grilled sourdough.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 13, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Ore ida tator tots (~12)
Korean bbq sauce

needs chili, cheese and diced onion added and then we're talkin'

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

This guy fucks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Derpies posted:

This guy fucks

im taking inspiration from the hollowed Garbage Plate

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Derpies posted:

Thank you for clarifying

I’m actually speculating

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

You can say this about literally every recipe known to man

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bacontotem posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

poopy toots

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ben Smash posted:

For dinner you should have Gyros.

Ben feel free to participate in this thread if you at least submit non tuna suggestions like this one (tuna posters will be thrown down a well) and we will not awoo at you anymore. I only ask you obey the rules and put in some :effort: to your recipes.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
so I feel like I've been in a cooking funk lately and doing a week of goon picked dishes sounds interesting. I don't mean to hijack this thread but goons suggesting to goons what to cook sounds fun so why not make it a thread

recipe suggestion: chef john's apple cider pork is a favorite of mine. its a nice combination of sweet, spicy, and savory and its super easy

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229624/pork-chops-with-apple-cider-glaze/

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Bagels

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Since I already introduced the pea soup I'll give instructions on the True Finnish Student experience.

You take a can of pea soup, chuck it in a pot, add half a can of water, chop up some ham and a little bacon, add rosemary to taste. Heat it up, bam. Better than noodles.

If you're a fancy lad with parents funding you you add milk or cream instead of water.

If you're a true hardcore student you ignore all the other ingredients and add even more water to make it last longer while you cry into your textbooks.

e: Also don't tell me to make my own pea soup this isn't Gurdon Rumsauce's Kitchen Delirium.

e2: gently caress I forgot the key ingredient. Add about a teaspoon of mustard per bowl. Strong and sweet is ideal but practically any will do.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 13, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dee eight posted:

e: btw i dint vote in ur stupid poll because gently caress anime gently caress goku and gently caress the whole drat internet

:hfive:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Baked beans on toast. It's delicious and nutritious. The baked beans come in a can, pour them into a pot and heat. You put bread in a toaster to make toast, then butter it. Then put the hot beans on the buttered toast.

Enjoy! :chef:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

Baked beans on toast. It's delicious and nutritious. The baked beans come in a can, and you put bread in a toaster to make toast, then butter it.

This is actually mini derps favorite meal and we make it at least once a week, so I got this one on lockdown

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BigBadSteve posted:

Baked beans on toast. It's delicious and nutritious. The baked beans come in a can, and you put bread in a toaster to make toast, then butter it.

I tried to make this and somehow wound up with beef Wellington?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I recommend this amped up version of tuna noodle casserole:

Butter to grease the pan
12 ounces wide egg noodles or whatever pasta you want
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2 large shallots)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan
3 tablespoons capers, drained
2 5-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup thinly sliced kale or spinach
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley, to top

Preheat your oven to 375F. Butter your casserole dish and set it aside.

Cook the pasta al dente and drain and set it aside.

In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add your mushrooms and shallots and cook them for about 5 minutes until they look nice. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so. Slowly pour in the white wine, lower the heat to medium-low, cook for about 3 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.

Add flour to the pan and stir well until all the mushrooms are coated nicely. Increase heat to high and slowly pour in the milk and leave until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes until it looks like more of a sauce, stirring to make sure nothing sticks.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, parmesan, capers, tuna, sour cream, kale or spinach, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the mushroom sauce to the bowl and stir until everything is combined well. Transfer to your casserole dish and set aside.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and cook for like 2-3 until the breadcrumbs are somewhat toasted. Sprinkle on top of your casserole dish and bake it for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chop parsley on the top. Serve hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I recommend this amped up version of tuna noodle casserole:

Butter to grease the pan
12 ounces wide egg noodles or whatever pasta you want
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2 large shallots)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan
3 tablespoons capers, drained
2 5-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup thinly sliced kale or spinach
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley, to top

Preheat your oven to 375F. Butter your casserole dish and set it aside.

Cook the pasta al dente and drain and set it aside.

In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add your mushrooms and shallots and cook them for about 5 minutes until they look nice. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so. Slowly pour in the white wine, lower the heat to medium-low, cook for about 3 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.

Add flour to the pan and stir well until all the mushrooms are coated nicely. Increase heat to high and slowly pour in the milk and leave until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes until it looks like more of a sauce, stirring to make sure nothing sticks.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, parmesan, capers, tuna, sour cream, kale or spinach, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the mushroom sauce to the bowl and stir until everything is combined well. Transfer to your casserole dish and set aside.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and cook for like 2-3 until the breadcrumbs are somewhat toasted. Sprinkle on top of your casserole dish and bake it for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chop parsley on the top. Serve hot.

I will throw you into a well