Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I have mastered the way of the bow and cleared out most camps in A3 without ever stepping foot in them. The Concentration and Headshot refund charms are just as OP as everything else.

As for Khan in A3, I went in with a 100% terror build and the boss fight was so cool because I feel like I literally scared him to death.

Even though I completely clowned on him due to having maxed out every possible thing before getting there, they still managed to sell him pretty well as an end boss fight. Wrecked him in a duel? OK, he just throws poison in my face and calmly marches to his ship and leaves me to his goons, because he's not the kind of guy who'd give up on invading Japan because one guy is better at fighting than him. The scramble on the ship was fun too, as I'd throw a few hits his way, then have to pause to deal with some mooks before moving back to him. Ghost stance hits not insta-killing him was good too, though they looked like they scared him completely shitless. Then I break his spear and he's like so what, I've got a sword and shield still.

Goodbye Khotun, too bad you will be forgotten. It has been decreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spoilers RE final duel

He is hard as gently caress on Lethal, I think he’s one of those bosses who just has the move set of every other duelist

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Anyone have any thoughts on rushing the sakai armor? I just started act2 and it seems like it's super far into the map, and if i wasn't otherwise charging at it, it'd take a while for me to get there with everything in the way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fear not, citizens, your new hero is at hand!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Captain Hygiene posted:

I had the mask with the big beak poking through that basket, but y'know, I'm down with the mustache too

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nigulus Rex posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on rushing the sakai armor? I just started act2 and it seems like it's super far into the map, and if i wasn't otherwise charging at it, it'd take a while for me to get there with everything in the way

I mean you can quite literally just b-line to it and have it about 15 minutes after you get into Act 2. Just dodge patrols and save all the question marks for later.

I’m loving loving my new Dyed green Kensei + natural vengeance headband + spring bamboo sword kit. I’m a vicious forest spirit just here to murder mongols and these dickhole ronin.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

404notfound posted:

I had the mask with the big beak poking through that basket, but y'know, I'm down with the mustache too

Its clipping is so perfectly tuned, I'm convinced it's intentional.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I mean you can quite literally just b-line to it and have it about 15 minutes after you get into Act 2. Just dodge patrols and save all the question marks for later.

I’m loving loving my new Dyed green Kensei + natural vengeance headband + spring bamboo sword kit. I’m a vicious forest spirit just here to murder mongols and these dickhole ronin.

K I think I'll do that. I'm tired of the ronin armor and haven't gotten anything fun in a while (I dislike the looks of the archer armor so I haven't even been using it. Plus archery is so strong I'd feel OP to use its perks)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Speaking of armour, when do I get the one with the rad grass cape/cloak? I'm basically at the start-ish of act 3.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You get it from one of the mythic tales. Look for the Six Swords of Kojiro. You might have already completed part of the requirements without knowing!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nigulus Rex posted:

K I think I'll do that. I'm tired of the ronin armor and haven't gotten anything fun in a while (I dislike the looks of the archer armor so I haven't even been using it. Plus archery is so strong I'd feel OP to use its perks)

Let me highly recommend the Gosaku armor. Classic samurai look, great colors, great perks.

The second play through has really made me like the character missions, specifically Ishikawa. I love how they really build up the idea you’re going to kill Ishikawa, and then BAM it’s loving Masako who goes off on you

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I honestly never used the Gosaku armor much, but the Sakai armor is excellent if you just want to be straightforward with with combat and openly march into enemy camps. With good timing you can wipe out the bulk of a camp in the initial showdown, and you get extra mitigation to tank what's left.

For me it was more or less:
Act 1: white Clan armor (classic samurai)
Act 2: white Sakai armor (samurai lord)
Act 3: black Ghost armor + genbu hat (samurai Batman)

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Kind of weird that I killed this guy and then stripped him naked and put on his bloody clothes. Good outfit though.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The Kensei armor is cool cause you can use level 2 in act 2 when you’re in forests and marshes, then level 3 in act 3 cause it’s chillier. And you don’t wanna catch a cold.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just tried to do a regular assassination on someone and I got a big dramatic zoom and sliced the guy's head off. What the hell Jin :catstare:

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Upgraded leader assassinate related to the unlock you get in yarikawa

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
pictures are fun

do NOT gently caress with the monkey king

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I switched around Jin's clothing a lot but if you want to really pull off the "Bad Guy In An Opera" look then you gotta go with the Mongol Helmet, the Purity of War Mask, and the black Ghost armor.

Like so:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They wisely locked the monkey mask and the diaper behind endgame goals because otherwise I would have had a very different playthrough.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

threelemmings posted:

Upgraded leader assassinate related to the unlock you get in yarikawa

Yeah, you can tell it is going to happen because the prompt is different. This is important to know because that move specifically is not silent and instead gets everyone's attention. It also instantly fills up Ghost Stance.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doing god's work here

https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/1261031191123120128?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

lol, every time I see a mechanic like that I wonder if it's a conscious reaction to internet pet culture. Not a complaint, patting animals has been a good addition to many recent games.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

They wisely locked the monkey mask and the diaper behind endgame goals because otherwise I would have had a very different playthrough.

yeah, but that just reemphasizes how criminal it is that there isn't a new game plus system

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Thundarr posted:

I honestly never used the Gosaku armor much, but the Sakai armor is excellent if you just want to be straightforward with with combat and openly march into enemy camps. With good timing you can wipe out the bulk of a camp in the initial showdown, and you get extra mitigation to tank what's left.

Gosaku is great for lazy, sloppy killing. 20% heal every time you break their guard and kill them procs all the time.

Run into large group, mash triangle, win.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Kensei Hat (black), Ghost Armor (black), Skeletal Mask. Every Mongol's nightmare.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I've been cosplaying as the red shinobi guys from Sekiro with a red Kensei hat, red Gosaku armor and Gosaku's mask.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ronin Armor + Clan helmet as Sword Saint Isshin is the true Sekiro cosplay.

Hesitation is defeat, Khotun!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have not even looked at another costume since finding the cape + mustached bucket helmet, contextual bonuses be damned :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The game really opened up for me when I decided to lean hard into Jin’s psychosis and RP’d him to basically be James McAvoy from Split and each one of his outfits is actually a totally unique personality for specific kinds of murder.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is it just me or is the bonus objective for Riverside Farm “damage three enemies with a fire brazier” despite there being zero fire braziers in it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pirate Jet posted:

Is it just me or is the bonus objective for Riverside Farm “damage three enemies with a fire brazier” despite there being zero fire braziers in it?

I think they're randomised. Maybe not though, seems like they're different on subsequent run. You unlock the entire tree in act 2 if you do lots of side stuff anyway.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Not sure if this is a brave take or common knowledge but the Dance of Wrath mission is really bad. Writing, design the whole bit. The move itself is really cool of course.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

that's a fantastic combination

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

The Kensei armor is cool cause you can use level 2 in act 2 when you’re in forests and marshes, then level 3 in act 3 cause it’s chillier. And you don’t wanna catch a cold.

It bugs me that the final upgrade for armor doesn't change its appearance at all.

I also can't tell any visual difference when upgrading the bow. There are actually minor visible differences with the swords, though.

RaySmuckles posted:

yeah, but that just reemphasizes how criminal it is that there isn't a new game plus system

Yeah, this game is very well-suited to playing a NG+ on lethal or something.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
game owns. first ever plat. the ending was incredible.

very late game spoiler pic

don't gently caress with the red faced demon

chose kill

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I beat this tonight, on hard (lethal didn't exist when I started, so I didn't bump it up when it was added)

It was challenging at times but not too bad (The Ryuzo fight was the biggest hurdle for me).

Big cosmic joke on me, my PS4 crashed DURING the end credits and when I booted it back up again (thank god it wasn't bricked) I had to do the final haiku and fight over again, and make the choice whether to kill my uncle again. Postgame was *not* unlocked... so I did that while grinding my teeth a bit, but I felt like I was being tested somehow by life, I chose the same ending twice (did not kill), so I'm gonna have to youtube the alternate ending. I also platinumed the game tonight, which took me another hour and a half or so, because I'd done *almost* everything before beating the game. Is it a thing to put you in your underwear at a grave in the end of games? I ended up in that position at the end of Spider-Man as well...

Anyway yeah it was pretty good, Act 3 started to wear on me after awhile because the seams started showing more and more, little bugs and things that were counterintuitive, still, I liked it enough to go for the platinum, that definitely says something for it.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

RaySmuckles posted:

I'm willing to bet on them holding it back for the PS5 edition.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thundarr posted:

Was definitely a fan of white armour. This one made Jin look like a cricket player.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

This game gave me tendonitis in my left hand from all the blocking and parrying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol if your tendons weren't already dust from playing Sekiro