Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«68 »
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Capn Beeb posted:

I was just using kunai on them for a while

Sometimes I get on my horse and ride them all down which feels very brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 29, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

In case anybody is wondering from the description of the Lethal difficulty: it doesn't actually make Jin die in one hit from anything, it just increases the difficulty one level higher than hard.

As my in-game arsenal has increased I've had to continually pump up the difficulty. This is one of the few games where I'm starting to think "Jeez, my character is way too strong."

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Casey Finnigan posted:

In case anybody is wondering from the description of the Lethal difficulty: it doesn't actually make Jin die in one hit from anything, it just increases the difficulty one level higher than hard.

As my in-game arsenal has increased I've had to continually pump up the difficulty. This is one of the few games where I'm starting to think "Jeez, my character is way too strong."

It also increases damage done to enemies, which makes it unique compared to other difficulties.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know it sounds like a convenient excuse not to git gud but I don't want to play on Lethal because the enemies can die so quickly, not because I will. I like being able to combo enemies. It's not their total overall hitpoints that bug me or seem tedious it's needing to get through their guard first.

That said, I might still try Lethal but not until I do more of the game on Hard and maybe after waiting to see if Sucker Punch adds NG+.

Edit: That reminds me, I guess I should ask: what's the best Stagger build? I'm only partway through Act 2 so no story spoilers please but names of charms and equipment don't bother me. I have Gosaku's armour, although at the moment I'm using the Sakai armour for its look. That armour with Lord of the Night dye, using one of the middle upgrades, plus the Thief Mask, makes me feel like Batman Shredder.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 8, 2020

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Jin! Terror is not the way of the samurai. Why are we wearing these dope scary masks for then?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

At first I was kinda cool on the game because it felt kinda generic and slow paced and Jin felt too weak and I didn't like the wind mechanic very much but after starting to get my toolkit and seeing what options I had to clear up camps and groups of Mongols I completely changed my opinion. This game is loving fantastic and I love how I can either ghost around thinning a camp before just chucking a black powder bomb to start an encounter with severely weakened enemies like a master ninja or just stroll into a fortress and start a stand off to get a massive boost of resolve and then just dance around every enemy heavenly striking them down like a walking blender, and if I start to get overwhelmed I can just chuck a plastic explosive to take down a group of enemies.
Plus the game is real pretty and the music is incredible.

I'd loving hate to live in Tsushima though, the wind just blows all over the place carrying like pollen and hay and stuff. It'd be hell on my allergies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

TURDS BOD

Calaveron posted:

I'd loving hate to live in Tsushima though, the wind just blows all over the place carrying like pollen and hay and stuff. It'd be hell on my allergies.

... uh if you grew up on tsushima you probably wouldnt be allergic to the local flora... that's sort of how evolution worked for the first 99% of history before we invented, among other things, air conditioning.

«68 »