Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I finished Act 2 this morning and I want to say that it's extremely funny that Shimura's master plan is to repair a bridge under enemy archer fire and then run in a straight line across that bridge into unknown defenses -- and that's AFTER the first charge across the bridge ended in spectacular failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A little too much of the main plot of Sushi Ghost is tied up in Shimura being extremely, extremely stupid

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skypie posted:

I finished Act 2 this morning and I want to say that it's extremely funny that Shimura's master plan is to repair a bridge under enemy archer fire and then run in a straight line across that bridge into unknown defenses -- and that's AFTER the first charge across the bridge ended in spectacular failure

It’s a good plan for idiots

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Shimura just wants a glorious charge give him a break. I wanted to join the army but when I learned that bayonets were out of vogue I opted for law instead.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Kinda dumb and annoying that the legend meter still shows up in slow motion after you've bought all the techniques and are the official Ghost of Tsushima™

I think this is so you can tell if an encounter has ended. If it hasn't popped, there must be a civilian to save, to tell you where a Mongol camp is etc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, the end to Norio's questline is not great. The whole Enjo thing is excessively grimdark and that final mission is kind of crap seeing as it is just you standing around not doing anything while stuff happens.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What’s the best way to farm materials now that the chest glitch got patched out?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Seedge posted:

I think this is so you can tell if an encounter has ended. If it hasn't popped, there must be a civilian to save, to tell you where a Mongol camp is etc.

I don't know if it's the latest update or a coincidence or maybe I'm Terrifying enemies more but in the last couple days I've had two random encounters on the road take forever to end. No idea if it's because an enemy ran off or it just glitched.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Regarding the post-game, the little mementos in your house were neat and the table with the nods to I guess Sony exclusives(?) was funny because you get popped back into the world and the first thing you see is an origami car. But one thing I feel was weird was Shimura's armor, because I picked the option not to kill him. Why would I have his armor? Honestly why would I have it either way? He wasn't wearing it during the final duel.

Anyway game good, very pleasantly surprised by it, and I'm excited to put my bucket hat back on and go pick up fun new masks to clip through it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Skypie posted:

you can even hear oga afterward muttering about what a chronic fuckup shimura has been

one gets the impression that he's just kind of a dolt in general and his slavish dedication to bushido is all that keeps him in his peers' good graces

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Seedge posted:

Yeah, it is useful for that, I just wish they'd streamlined it at that point. It just gets old sitting through it every time when it will never increase, it also seems worse because I'm just clearing out a lot of locations in a row now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fadam posted:

What’s the best way to farm materials now that the chest glitch got patched out?

The game is desgined that playing it normally will generate as much supplies and mats as "farming it", just play

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Equip the major Inari charm that will give you 2 pick ups for bamboo, supplies, predator hides, and yew wood. Raid outposts for iron and steel. I was able to upgrade almost all of my equipment before the end of act 2 with it on throughout the game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah at the start of Act 3 I had enough material to upgrade everything and just needed supplies, which you can get for selling things you no longer need

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh yeah, I completely forgot you could sell resources back :doh:
I maxed out on bamboo ages ago and had a mostly full yew collection which I don't need any more.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It bugs me that the final upgrade to armor never has an aesthetic change. I basically upgraded everything to 3 and did 4 for the ~3 armors I used frequently that had good benefits to the final upgrade (Sakai armor, Kensei armor, Ghost armor).

Oxxidation posted:

you can even hear oga afterward muttering about what a chronic fuckup shimura has been

one gets the impression that he's just kind of a dolt in general and his slavish dedication to bushido is all that keeps him in his peers' good graces

I got the impression that Oga was talking poorly about Shimura because he hadn't been exposed to the Mongols himself and didn't understand that the Samurai's normal tactics are ineffective against them (so to him it just seemed like Shimura got defeated and captured despite having a lot of troops).

We're told things at other points that imply that Shimura is actually a good leader against other Samurai armies.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'd spend 15 technique points on a skill that let me not kill the chow chows. My first and favorite dog was a black chow chows. That would be a cool thing for them to patch in.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

JackDarko posted:

I'd spend 15 technique points on a skill that let me not kill the chow chows. My first and favorite dog was a black chow chows. That would be a cool thing for them to patch in.

I think a base counts as cleared if you leave them alive. Just kill everyone elsw then run away from the doggies. Or go up to a roof or something

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot you could sell resources back :doh:
I maxed out on bamboo ages ago and had a mostly full yew collection which I don't need any more.

Speaking of, Can anyone tell me if there is a need for Iron/Yew/Bamboo/Steel after you have both the bows and sword maxxed out? I just started chapter 3.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think a base counts as cleared if you leave them alive. Just kill everyone elsw then run away from the doggies. Or go up to a roof or something

Nope. Just did a base yesterday where the last enemy was a dog just outside the gates that couldn't get in to attack me. I didn't know the last enemy was a dog though and so in hindsight I wish I had picked the "Challenge Remaining Enemies" option it gave me to see what would have happened.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BitBasher posted:

Speaking of, Can anyone tell me if there is a need for Iron/Yew/Bamboo/Steel after you have both the bows and sword maxxed out? I just started chapter 3.

Nope, as far as I know those resource types are just used for weapon upgrades.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

JackDarko posted:

Would be nice to have knock out arrows or something. Only use it for the puppers though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing you don't want to sell are predator skins because every once in a while you'll unlock a new side weapon and need to upgrade the carrying capacity.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

fadam posted:

Use the charm that doubles Iron, Hides, Bamboo, Yew and Supplies.
Steel, Linen, Leather = camps and houses
Wax wood = do temples
For Gold and Silk, do story missions with those listed as the reward.

You'll easily get enough mats to max out everything by late Act II/early Act III

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GhFL7fZio

I really like the juggle physics at the end.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Interesting take on Shinto religion that the gods are only interested in the welfare of worshippers who are good at parkour.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he's got some kind of gift for making games look stupid, i have to give him that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That cow lmao.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The kick to arrow combo in that video is just amazing.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I platted this today and I feel a loss already. Really hope they do more with the IP.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Weird that they're not throwing rocks/knives at him when he's out of reach, that's how it always worked for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I platted this today and I feel a loss already. Really hope they do more with the IP.

SP usually does at least one thing for DLC.

Although speaking of what they're doing next I would kill for an Infamous 1+2 remake.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Liberated the island and completed all the Tales sidequests, I think the main thing I want to do yet is find the remaining Shinto shrines. Those are pretty fun on their own, I feel like I'm at the point in all open worlders where all the other collectibles/fox dens/etc don't feel necessary to complete because I'm already OP and there's not really any substantial combat or anything to worry about.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I really like that we can fast travel to everything just discovering where they are rather than locked until we complete them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sindai posted:

Weird that they're not throwing rocks/knives at him when he's out of reach, that's how it always worked for me.

Not if you play on easy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
props to tsushima's dressup game at least, i'm at the end now and i've never stuck with just one outfit/color for too long

finishing with the black-dyed kenjiro set because it's a nice contrast to the environment and also looks really snuggly, sandals aside

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The kick to arrow combo in that video is just amazing.

Yeah, I had this immediate reaction like "drat that's truly Ice Cold."

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Finished Tsushima. Killed my uncle because a duel under the falling autumn leaves can only end in death.

What a game. I hope it gets more updates and DLC.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so when you complete a bonus objective for a location and reload your checkpoint does it still count as completed? one of them for this place i'm doing was "observe the mongol leader", which I did, but then whiffed the stealth one so I had to reload, but now I don't have the observe the leader bonus goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Frog Act posted:

so when you complete a bonus objective for a location and reload your checkpoint does it still count as completed? one of them for this place i'm doing was "observe the mongol leader", which I did, but then whiffed the stealth one so I had to reload, but now I don't have the observe the leader bonus goal

Yeah, you should have a point towards your next stance unlocked too unless you already have all four.