Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got the falling damage by accident when the game bugged out. I was clearing a camp and I was next to one of those towers fighting some mongols. I hit one which staggered him and the physics went all wonky. He slide up the side of the tower then immediately fell (to his death).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got the falling damage by accident when the game bugged out. I was clearing a camp and I was next to one of those towers fighting some mongols. I hit one which staggered him and the physics went all wonky. He slide up the side of the tower then immediately fell (to his death).

At one point I rolled out of the way of an attack and ended up bouncing up a wall and onto a high wire strung across the area I was fighting in, at which point everyone lost sight of me and went back to idling around the camp.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It's going to be hard for me then because I cleared all the camps. I might try and drag a random patrol towards a cliff or something.

Edit: It just struck me that the light house near Izumo bay has enemies that spawn near it. I might be able to drag someone to the cliff's edge there or to the top of the lighthouse.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ice Fist posted:

It's going to be hard for me then because I cleared all the camps. I might try and drag a random patrol towards a cliff or something.

Edit: It just struck me that the light house near Izumo bay has enemies that spawn near it. I might be able to drag someone to the cliff's edge there or to the top of the lighthouse.

The best way to do it is the Typhoon Kick, FYI. I tried using the shoulder charge thing but I could never get it to work.

Typhoon kicking someone off a tower is very satisfying

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
I typhoon kicked a guy down a very shallow slope and got the achievement somehow :shrug:

Incidentally, this happened near one of the very few random unmarked points of interest on the map. I was traveling through the countryside and got shot at by a siege weapon- Jin was like “hey I should go take care of that...”. I only ran into two other encounters not related to a quest or point of interest like this, but I wish there had been more.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
All you people struggling on fall kill, meanwhile I got air stance, saw it has a kick that can launch, and the first drat thing I did was go hunt down a guy to launch off a cliff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

More games need to embrace the spartan kick as ability. I’m glad Ghost has it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just finished Act 2 and started 3. :smith:

first time I’ve cried at a game in a while

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014
Did it feel like the timing of the Show Down button release changed suddenly to anyone? I started the game on Hard and I'm what seems like mid Act 2.

I can't tell if I'm imagining it but the patch seems to have changed the timing of the Show Down. Either that or the more numerous Gold and Blue enemies means I'm encounter them more and maybe they have faster timings?

Anyone else? It's so noticable I swapped away from the Sakai clan armor, I really liked it's bonus because I was nailing the show downs all the time

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I kicked a badly wounded guy off a rock onto another rock that was like 3 feet lower than the first one, and I guess he landed awkwardly or something :shrug:.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I got the kick trophy on the final mission on accident, just tossing some spear guy over a fence and he fell like 8 feet and died.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Wounding a Mongol before kicking him does seem to increase the chance of the trophy triggering. I was fighting a patrol on a hillside, kicked a wounded one down the hill, and got the trophy.

Gold and blue Mongols do seem to have different timing compared to the Act I enemies. Less telegraphing, more feints, just harder in general.

Do you have to do questlines in order? I've got Masako's sixth and seventh quests unlocked. Will it not make sense if I do 7 before I do 6?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That was an excellent ending to the game. I got a little misted up during the final haiku, but sorry uncle you're death was the only way to give both of us closure :hai:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Quiet Python posted:

Do you have to do questlines in order? I've got Masako's sixth and seventh quests unlocked. Will it not make sense if I do 7 before I do 6?

Nah they're designed do that you can do them in any order if there are multiple ones available.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah it's this. It's a hidden trophy so without any outside knowledge it could be anything: go here while wearing this, don't do this thing during that event, sit in a hot spring for 12 hours straight, whatever.
If you press Square while looking at Hidden Trophies in the PS4 trophy menu it will tell you what they actually are. :eng101:

Having a really good time with this game, although who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to have assassinate and chain assassinate be two separate buttons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the Sakai clan helmet but I've noticed after wearing it a while that it just doesn't work when you're doing story stuff because you can't see Jin's eyes while he's wearing it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah it's this. It's a hidden trophy so without any outside knowledge it could be anything: go here while wearing this, don't do this thing during that event, sit in a hot spring for 12 hours straight, whatever.

Oh right. I thought you were stuck on it.

Yeah, I had a friend clue me in during one of our text chats.

I don't know if someone just happened to stumble on that or if Sucker Punch "seeded" social media with the name of the achievement (or even how to get it) somewhere

Inferior posted:

If you press Square while looking at Hidden Trophies in the PS4 trophy menu it will tell you what they actually are. :eng101:

Ah. There it is then. I did not know this.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 30, 2020

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Quote is not edit

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quiet Python posted:

Wounding a Mongol before kicking him does seem to increase the chance of the trophy triggering. I was fighting a patrol on a hillside, kicked a wounded one down the hill, and got the trophy.

It doesn't have to be off anything particularly high. If you have enemy healthbars turned on, you can kick someone low health off whatever and the fall can kill them. Archer towers are a good place for it if enemies standing by cliffs are hard to come by.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I like the Sakai clan helmet but I've noticed after wearing it a while that it just doesn't work when you're doing story stuff because you can't see Jin's eyes while he's wearing it.

Whenever I see Jin in cutscenes, he’s not wearing the face mask though?

I haven’t taken off the deer god helmet since I got it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

Ah. There it is then. I did not know this.

They added it in much later so it is easy to miss that they changed it to do that.

Captain Monkey posted:

Whenever I see Jin in cutscenes, he’s not wearing the face mask though?

I haven’t taken off the deer god helmet since I got it.

The mask has a visor part on it and in a lot of act 2 cutscenes I've seen he holds his head in such a way that you can't see his eyes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished game, it was extremely good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The mask has a visor part on it and in a lot of act 2 cutscenes I've seen he holds his head in such a way that you can't see his eyes.

That’s the best part though, it makes him more scary

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the refined version w/o antlers kinda looks like Shredder from tmnt

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Taintrunner posted:

This is why I wear the wanderers straw hat. It's like playing benevolent Darth Vader.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Finished it. Man, that was incredible despite a couple niggling issues. I'd say it was game of the year but Cyberpunk still has to come out and Nioh 2 remains as one of my favorite games this year. I did almost everything and I'll loop around later to get all the records and artifacts.

Dang, what a killer game.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I just finished it. It's a great game but I think I'm ready to put it in the rear view and never look back. It has hosed with my mood in pretty bad ways.

a force of pure destruction desecrating everything around you for their own perverse gain. An intact power structure more concerned with maintaining decorum and their own authority than addressing the problems of the nation. Being punished for doing what they would not and could not. The authority justifying their selfishness by pointing to a singular imperfection.

I wanted to try to go for platinum. I just can't handle anymore. I need a palette cleanser

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Best way to finish a duel is definitely Heavenly Strike.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like finishing with the stone neck stab because the way Jin rips out the sword during the slow mo looks metal as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hai:

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

free hubcaps posted:

the refined version w/o antlers kinda looks like Shredder from tmnt

I saw the pic in this post as a small thumbnail and i got Fallout in Japan vibes... now I want Japanese Fallout. (Not Bethesda)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Best way to finish a duel is definitely Heavenly Strike. Perfect Dodge.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Inferior posted:

w h a t

They added it in much later so it is easy to miss that they changed it to do that.

ah that explains it

https://imgur.com/WqOSwqU (minor act 1 spoilers)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

the tengai has the opposite effect which is why it's my favorite. It also takes up like 60% of the screen whenever it's focused on Jin

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This, except Blade Dance.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChrisBTY posted:

I just finished it. It's a great game but I think I'm ready to put it in the rear view and never look back. It has hosed with my mood in pretty bad ways.

a force of pure destruction desecrating everything around you for their own perverse gain. An intact power structure more concerned with maintaining decorum and their own authority than addressing the problems of the nation. Being punished for doing what they would not and could not. The authority justifying their selfishness by pointing to a singular imperfection.

I wanted to try to go for platinum. I just can't handle anymore. I need a palette cleanser

Stay safe out there, being the Ghost is a lot easier in a videogame than real life.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

This, except Blade Dance.

my only issue with Blade Dance (that is shared with Ghost Stance) is that it puts a color filter over the screen during most of the move so it fucks with photo mode lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 31, 2020

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Huzzah

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This is the first game of this style where I never use the detective vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It's only murder vision, not detective vision.