Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A3 felt more like an Epilogue than the climax, to be honest the cinematic at the end of A2 was probably a little more impactful than the end of A3 but I found both very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

JackDarko posted:

Not sure if this is a brave take or common knowledge but the Dance of Wrath mission is really bad. Writing, design the whole bit. The move itself is really cool of course.

The only thing I didn’t like was that it literally locks you into doing that mission once you talk to the musician. I don’t know if there’s another non main quest that does it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I use the Gosaku mask and Refined Kenshin hat to get a Japanese V for Vendetta look going. Armor changes up often.

Throw all the Kunai. Use black Traveler outfit and all kunai and ghost weapon charms for maximum V roleplay.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Platinum’d this bad boy just now, loved it.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I beat and platinumed last weekend, I also loved it! I would definitely do a second playthrough on NG+ on PS5 if that's ever patched in.

I wonder what Sucker Punch is going to do next. First Light style DLC? Sequel? New game?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I love how in act 1 every time the game refers back to castle whhatever it does an establishing shot of the castle and then a wipe to the inside, like Star Wars which I guess makes sense since Star Wars was just a Kurosawa film

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Castle Canada

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ending spoilers I liked Jin’s line at the end to Khotun Khan, telling him that nobody will remember him. Good in the moment but also felt like a fun acknowledgement that he wasn’t a real dude

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mandrel posted:

Ending spoilers I liked Jin’s line at the end to Khotun Khan, telling him that nobody will remember him. Good in the moment but also felt like a fun acknowledgement that he wasn’t a real dude

That one was pretty good both in the moment and as meta commentary, yeah. My favorite line is still (early Act 3) Hunter: are you any good at climbing? Jin: ... better than average.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is there a way to find specific traders in town without just wandering around aimlessly?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Castle Canada

Hey Jin, take this loony and go buy yourself a bag of horse milk.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FIGHT ME, YA HOSERS

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The samurai way is not to use dirty tricks and tactics, but to apologize profusely and then offer to cover the Mongols' travel expenses.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thinkin about my uncle in the hot springs.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Romes128 posted:

Thinkin about my uncle in the hot springs.

Doo dah doo doo!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

FIGHT ME, YA HOSERS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:five: :canada:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

*Climbs Mt Jogaku*
Cold enough for ya, eh?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Late to the party but started this game yesterday and man it's great, way less of a chore than Assassin's Creed Odyssey because there isn't some bounty hunters with a billion health points and unblockable poison attacks stalking you and assassination actually kills your enemy instead of just taking off a chunk of health off.

Combat is fun and easy to learn but tricky to master with the different stances and types of attacks along with parry/dodges

Easily one of the prettiest games of the year as well.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It really does feel like Assassins Creed with the excess fat trimmed off

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

man nurse posted:

It really does feel like Assassins Creed with the excess fat trimmed off

Yeah its cool to have a history stealth/action game without "Great Conspiracy!" "modern day section which makes clear the part you're playing is essentially a dream!" "Every single historical figure of any note within 500 km migrating to your exact location and tell you how they need some guys killed so they can discover gravity"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was just running with a big melee damage/health up charm set, but I just got two fortune charms that each make chance events 50% more likely to occur. Combine that with the Ghost armor's 30% chance of terrifying enemies on a kill, and it's very entertaining just how many enemies are fleeing in terror at the sight of Lord Baskethead :black101:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was just running with a big melee damage/health up charm set, but I just got two fortune charms that each make chance events 50% more likely to occur. Combine that with the Ghost armor's 30% chance of terrifying enemies on a kill, and it's very entertaining just how many enemies are fleeing in terror at the sight of Lord Baskethead :black101:

Whipping out your bow on the guys that run makes good target practice.

My uncle would be ashamed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Romes128 posted:

Haha I legit :lol:'d when an achievement popped up the first time I did that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forget what chance poison darts have to terrify people but they seem even more susceptible with this. I just shot one dude and the four guys around him all fell on their butts and ran away in sheer terror the instant it hit :lmao:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Captain Hygiene posted:

I did it as an automatic reflex. The dude ran away and with no hesitation or conscious thought I put an arrow in him. Not sure what that says about me as a person.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That you're thorough.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Every time I think I have the timing down for parrying spear guys I lose it again for a while.

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008
The correct timing is unlock the auto parry while heavy attacking in wind stance and then always be attacking in wind stance when a spear guy is messing with you. Zero shame in cheesing those guys, they’re huge assholes.

Also please everyone try berserk darting a fire lance brute at least once, they’re pretty mean when facing opponents that don’t dodge or interrupt their unblockables!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the lack of NG+ is killing me. I feel like I only had like maybe 4 outposts to use my complete arsenal on. I need a FC5 style remap of all the outposts to repopulate with mongols.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lobok posted:

Every time I think I have the timing down for parrying spear guys I lose it again for a while.

Throw some points in Wind Stance. I forget which tier it is, but you'll get an auto-parry with the heavy attack.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Proteus Jones posted:

Throw some points in Wind Stance. I forget which tier it is, but you'll get an auto-parry with the heavy attack.

Great, now I know why it never worked for me lol. I dont think the tool tip said you have to press triangle

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

WaltherFeng posted:

Great, now I know why it never worked for me lol. I dont think the tool tip said you have to press triangle

Someone way earlier in the thread said it still works with the fast attacks(I haven't tested it myself) and if that's the case, it's probably far less reliable due to how fast they are. You'd pretty much have to hit Square with the same timing as a normal parry. I think heavy attacks will auto parry at any time of the wind up making them super reliable.

I don't think the tool tip mentions triangle at all.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Jose Oquendo posted:

I did it as an automatic reflex. The dude ran away and with no hesitation or conscious thought I put an arrow in him. Not sure what that says about me as a person.
that you've played a bunch of games where 'enemy is panicked/terrified' means they run around like a headless chicken for a bit before turning round and attacking you again, maybe?

it's genuinely one of my favorite features of the game that if an enemy drops their weapon and begs for mercy then you can actually choose to spare them and they'll run away, as opposed to it just solely being a quick window for you to kill them easier before they pivot back round and start trying to kill you again in a few seconds.

you're not even penalized for passing up some sweet Murder XP either!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Romes128 posted:

I was just using kunai on them for a while :unsmigghh:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Proteus Jones posted:

Works on light attack too. Heavy is easier to land but the light attack is better for swiftly killing the attacker and moving along instead of just deflecting them away.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got that trophy for shooting a fleeing mongol doggo in the back after I killed all its masters in a standoff :ohdear:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Proteus Jones posted:

I have that and it's cool but I also want to be able to parry them since parries have different benefits, never mind that it looks and feels more skilled and bad-rear end to do.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I slap on as many Terrify perks and increase-chance-to-happen-effects charms as I can find and the mongols fall all over themselves at the first sign of blood it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's very fun and story-appropriate to go maximum ninja terrorist in act 3 once you have the right armor and that major charm.