Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wish I hadn't just sped my way through a replay of Horizon Zero Dawn and the DLC, since I am a bit more open-world weary than I would be otherwise, but still excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wondering wether to play this or God of War for the open world game, can’t stomach more than one every few months they’re so long. This looks compelling but not one review is 100% sold and all of them have hedged something somewhere to cover for big deficiencies. God of war, I know nothing about Norse mythology or the series but it always looked cool. I imagine it can feel really like a generic collectathon open world unlock feat as well.

God of War is cool as hell, is not an open world game (but has some open areas you can explore between linear missions), and is not same-y or collectathon.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Are folks using Japanese audio or English? The Japanese sounds a lot better to me, but I just started. It’s an action game, so hopefully I don’t miss a bunch of subtitles dialogue while fighting and being unable to look at the bottom of the screen

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Hard to see sometimes with all these dang leaves

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why does everybody like the standoff so much? It’s cool but repetitive. I have done it like 5 times and I’m already getting over it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What is the difference between the blue and red flashes that sometimes happen when enemies attack?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Are there beheadings in the game?

Kinda weird first post in this thread, not gonna lie

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone else find combat much more difficult on Kurosawa mode?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is there a way to find specific traders in town without just wandering around aimlessly?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress duels on hard

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Duels on hard are actually so fun.

I don’t find failing 15 times fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just started Act 2 and the game is good but very repetitive. Is there anything new enough in Act 2 to make me continue if I am bored of the game?