Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

JBP posted:

People that have beaten the game did anyone actually spare shimura lol

Yes, I don't see why Jin would humour his last remaining family member's request for an honour killing. As Jin said, honour died back on that beach Uncle, there's no need for me to play along with your ridiculous code any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Just platted it. Art direction was probably the best I've seen in a game, or in the top 3 definitely. It's a bit unbalanced and there wasn't much variety to the missions, combat, or bosses after a certain point but exploration made up for most of that.

Ending spoilers:

I found it odd in Jin's last conversation with Shimura that he's still holding onto this unquestioned assumption that samurai should be in charge. He's like "no, my followers will obey the new samurai that come from the mainland, I'll make sure of it." It's jarring when taken with the (admittedly understated) implication that The Ghost is inspiring the peasantry to look after themselves. It seems obvious at this point that Jin would recognize the feudal social order as being unsuited to threats like the Mongols and therefore obsolete, and it would complete the ideological divide that's steadily been growing between Jin and Shimura throughout the game. I found it weird that the game didn't take that route since it seemed like such a natural place to land. But the final duel was quite enjoyable. I decided to spare Shimura, not because I had any love for the guy but because it seemed like Jin's final refusal of the dumb bushido code. And as others have said, it made sense for Jin to want to keep whatever family he has left considering everyone else in the game has lost their's and been irrevocably broken by it. The red armor looks dope and it's what I would have wanted anyway. During Yuna's side quests I was using blood red Sakai armor and mask so this is even better.

I think the idea is that Jin has been so single-mindedly focused on driving off the Mongols that he never even considered the implications of his actions with regards to the legitimacy of the Shogunate.When Shimura brings it up it seems like Jin starts hastily making up excuses because it hadn't even occured to him that encouraging the peasants to fight the mongols would give them the confidence to challenge any other system of power that they considered illegitimate. I think given a little more time to think on it Jin might have been fine with it but as I said, he was taken off guard by the suggestion.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

You can literally auto-attack through their moves if you just buy the skillpoint.

One thing that I haven’t seen too many people talking about is that Dance of Wrath absolutely breaks every duel in the game. The ai is not designed to handle it. Last night in a Duel I Danced, connected the first hit, immediately initiated the blade lock mid fight animation, and then afterwards my Dance FINISHED ITSELF and the other two strokes killed the guy. I noticed it on Hard, and if anything it’s more effective on Lethal.

You think that's good try combining it with Ghost Stance.

I won the duel against the Khan in about 10 seconds by using my 3 Ghost Stance hits then doing 2 back to back Dance of Wraths.