Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I knew as soon as I saw box missions. It takes a special breed of gamer to find the highlight of their day the time they picked up a box, moved it, and put it back down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What's the regular scrub PS4 performance like? And is Kurosawa mode a pro-mode only? Some sites said so, some not.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
My favourite kill so far in this game was when I was thrusting forward with the Stone stance's charged triangle, but some jobber ran out of a yurt and caught it with his head.

Kicking dudes off of boats is cool too.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm a bit into Act 2 now and the game is still sweet as hell. Ran into a hilarious bug where Jin would not lift his hands up from his side. Walking around, riding the horse, swinging the sword - his hands wouldn't move an inch from his waist.

I think I'm going to avoid learning many more techniques though. I have the stances mastered as well as dodge/parry, but the throwing weapons seem too drat good. And unless I play like a clown, the game's winding a bit to the easy side.

Otherwise I honestly think this is the best combat I've seen. Aggressive play gets results, and dodge rolling around like so many other games makes me feel like a gently caress up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fuzz posted:

And then

Yep, that's exactly what I had. Still cracks me up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
One of the loading screen tips, for the brief second they appear, says as much. Basically that plumes of smoke indicate a Mongol camp or a conquered village.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I like robes. They're comfy and easy to wear.

Plus they seem to fit the aesthetic better.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
In act 1 there's a side quest to recover some supplies from bandits for a woman. She asks for you to not hurt any of them. I snuck in and didn't attack anyone, but someone spotted me on the way out. I just left their radius and they deaggroed. When I returned, the NPC asked if I killed any of them, and Jin said he had no choice.

Does that actually change if you sneak in and out successfully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know what dappled means but the horse is white and named Sora.