Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is there no lock on target camera? it's my one major beef with the game, especially when the duels have jt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

for legends does re-rolling/reforging the same item over and over again get prohibitively expensive or does the cost remain the same?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Tried to matchmake into a nightmare survival to see what the fuss is about; two people quit pretty much instantly and me and the other guy maybe a noble stand of about two minutes lmao

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

veni veni veni posted:

So I have this friend who's playstation broke and is waiting to get a PS5, and for some reason he desperately wants the Playstation themed outfits. figured it might take an hour. He asked if I could unlock them for him and I was like "yeah sure" but I logged into his account and he's barely played the multiplayer and I forgot that it takes forever to unlock all 4 characters. Is there some way to just cheese the hell out of it and unlock them all in a short amount of time? I'd like to get them for him but I'm not going to spend more than a couple of hours on this.

IIRC they unlock every 8 levels, so once you unlock one, use it to unlock the next one faster since the lower levels take less xp to rank up

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

edit: guess I don't know how to post gifs on the app

edit: alley-oop

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 12, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Trying to get a Nightmare survival done with matchmaking as an Assassin is impossible because people just quit at the start if there aren't enough Ronin.

meanwhile I got it done last night while literally falling asleep because we had 3 ronin and a samurai lol

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

GreatGreen posted:

So hey, trying to be a spoiler-free as possible... yes or no, after you beat the game can you go back and complete the rest of the missions to clean up before New Game+?

yes

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Yeah IIRC they went away on the 15th

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

10 Beers posted:

Does the multi-player award anything for single player as well? I just got this and I like to play pretty prince dress up.

I don't think anything in MP gives you anything special in SP.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

hello friends, please tell me how to Samurai good in legends, mainly for nightmare story.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

Been playing Legends purely as a Ronin since I started a few months ago and it's awesome but my build is at the point where I feel like I'm not doing much of anything new in each match and to respec would take resources I don't have.

So I started an Assassin and it's been a blast so far. I think I want to use my Legendary Kunai as a base for Ranged Resolve Gain and Cooldown so I can basically go from Smoke Bomb to Special to Ultimate without much waiting. So far just playing on Silver but it's working really well.

I know you probably wanted to get away from the Ronin playstyle, but the legendary Medicine Bag with Assassin Unlock is super good

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

Which one do you mean? There are several legendary healing items. But yeah if I'm not playing Ronin I'm not going to use up slots and perks for healing others. I buy gifts for healing.

The item I'm thinking of is Forbidden Medicine. It makes bomb explosions also drop a decent burst of healing for everyone wherever they land. It's great for Nightmare survival. I spam it at my feet whenever my health gets too low.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Norse Code posted:

Just started playing GoT a couple weeks ago and wow, it's such a fun game! A friend convinced me to get it saying Legends mode was fun so I gave it a shot. I think I like Legends mode more than the actual game, the stories are awesome and it's fun playing multiplayer. I feel like the controls feel more natural. The only thing I haven't done is the raid, but I wish you could play the stories with 3-4 players, or that they'd introduce more stories that could maybe be 2-4 people. I'm not a great gamer, so survival is stressful but at least with stories I can be sneaky!

I would love an AC Unity style large map (maybe a more developed Kaneda Fortress) with a lot more verticality, entry/exit points and more varied mission objectives

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Give me more Legends.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Earwicker posted:

also kind of surprised that they haven't incorporated dueling into the multiplayer, which maybe they are saving for a potential sequel. imo it would be awesome if there was a mode where you could duel other players or practice against any of the major npc characters in the game

master's katana with way of the flame meta incoming

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

And although it's not the same game, I just wanted to throw this in: gently caress Ted Faro.

This advice is always applicable in every game.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

everyone needs to get off the Ronin's balls

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

More Ghost? Good.

Would love more Legends content also, probably more than SP.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I wonder what the Legends 'all new mode' could be? Endless horde? While I'm doubtful for new classes/abilities, new legendary gear would be sweet.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ghost of Tsushima is the one game I desperately need to get a PC release

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

hazardousmouse posted:

jesus I hosed up by choosing the archer as my first legends class. Yes, I DO enjoy being out of ammo for entire chapters. only two more ranks till I unlock my second, at least. Am I loving up even more by going with ronin?
I'd also consider assassin solely because I have the fundoshi from the main story and I'd main the poo poo out of that

Ronin is the most sought after class, since it's the Healer. It minimizes the chances of other people quitting on you in nightmare survival mode

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My favorite is either chain or hysteria vanish assassin with Forbidden Medicine bombs and Spirit Kunai.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

This is my quasi-support Assassin. Forbidden Medicine with Assassin Unlock is so good. Assassin Charm has Chain vanish, Spirit Kunai (with heavy/massive knock back perk) basically gives you back your abilities if you can whittle two enemies down with regular attacks then casually toss SK at them.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 5, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

If would be cool if we got more Sony character inspired outfits for Legends

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

Had a crap one tonight. Was in a good team and we were cruising to victory in Nightmare but in the 21st round or so something glitched and we couldn't progress to the next round. Had to quit :(

nightmare survival needs a new mechanic besides fiery rear end in a top hat arrow rain

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Qmass posted:

I dont see anything

For some reason it would only let me open it in the official Youtube app, if you were looking at it on the phone.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sounds kinda like Gambit from Destiny, but with swords

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Do you mean like the Assassin Charm which can roll Chain Vanish and Hysteria? Those can drop anywhere.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh the legends changes are/have been live. All survival tiers are only 15 waves now, including nightmare. You can also see the rivals playlist (there’s 4 maps). There’s a nightmare rivals list for a 110 item if you win. And the raid trials look to be just a single chapter per week?

Edit: i don’t see the mastery stuff yet but I think there’s a new tab for a fourth resource? Either way I’m pretty hype for tomorrow. Going to start a NG+ lethal to hit Iki island with and get my NG+ trophy but what I really want to do is play some legends and get full mastery on my Ronin and Hunter or maybe switch it up and go Samurai if enough people are playing Ronin.

The Gear Mastery stuff launches on September 3 alongside Rivals

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Getting the DLC solely for the Assassin neko mask because we didn't get a full on anbu style fox mask

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

JBP posted:

Norio's quest chain is the best. Very dramatic battles.

oof, that one was emotionally rough as well.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I can't believe I actually miss the constant hwacha fire

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

JBP posted:

Cosmetics were taking ages and I thought it was weird. Can't wait to have a look at rivals.

Does anyone know what "gear mastery" actually means? I've got a bunch of gear with near perfect rolls now. Are they creating another tier or something?

If you have a piece of gear at 110, you'll be able to take it to 120, bind it to a class (sounds like any class) and unlock challenges to unlock an additional perk slot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I hope it doesn't actually take gear being 110 to unlock gear mastery. I've got some perfectly rolled weapons at <110 that just need that extra perk slot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Looks like you do have to take gear to 110 to activate gear mastery challenges. You have to complete 5 challenges to take it to 120 to unlock the extra perk. :sigh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Been enjoying the Legends updates. Gear mastery system is pretty great and straight forward except for one thing: requiring a purified gear item in the specific slot to finally unlock the second perk. Cursed gear is an RNG post game drop that in my experience doesn't drop that often. Now I'm wondering if the most efficient way to earn them would be to just grind severed hearts over and over again.

I also played Rivals and my initial impression is that I don't like it, but I'll try it a few more times to see..

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

SP needs up the drop rate for cursed objects. Just found out you need to purify one every time you want to reroll the second peek.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

This is just anecdotal, but I think you can only have two pieces of cursed gear in your inventory at any one time. Didn't get a drop for a long time. Checked my inventory and I had two cursed bows. I main medpack bombs, so I deleted them. Next game I got a cursed katana. Game after that, I got a cursed ghost weapon.

edit: My second perk on my Master's Katana w/ Way of Flame rolled poison blade and it is super nice.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 8, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

what does it take to get a cursed charm jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Does Cure All for the Ronin work with Combat Regeneration?