Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Late to the party but started this game yesterday and man it's great, way less of a chore than Assassin's Creed Odyssey because there isn't some bounty hunters with a billion health points and unblockable poison attacks stalking you and assassination actually kills your enemy instead of just taking off a chunk of health off.

Combat is fun and easy to learn but tricky to master with the different stances and types of attacks along with parry/dodges

Easily one of the prettiest games of the year as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I sometimes jump to my death forgetting this isn't Odyssey, theres that perk that lets you land without damage but I forgot to hit the circle button a few times before landing

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Maybe I just have terrible reflex but the standoffs in the later game seem incredibly difficult, the flinches can be nuts and when the enemy does make a move you have maybe a half second window to release, i’m thinking its the game encouraging you to do things the less than honorable samurai way.

Im kind of sad there isnt a new game plus (yet) so you kind of just wander the island with nothing but random patrols.

The multiplayer sounds pretty fun though when that gets released

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm glad they're adding NG+ they were pretty silent about it for a while even though the game was just begging for it. The Legends stuff seems really fun too

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
jbartender adding friends but forgot I still gotta download this thing. Watching the intro movie now for legends.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
ended up picking samurai first, the life steal is pretty useful, just playing through the set of story missions

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yeah I played through the story missions with randoms, pretty fun and they average around 15 - 20 minutes each, the enemies seem easy at first but then you get some tougher demons and ghosts spirits to fight.

Did one of the survivor maps, took a few rounds to figure out you have to defend all the points or if you lose one your max HP goes down until you beat the boss round. Uhh the second boss round we got our asses handed to us because some kind of poison didn't allow us to heal and apparently incapacitates you and I had no idea how to avoid it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

RaySmuckles posted:

me and infraboy wrecked some silver survivals tonight. don't think we lost a single one and got some kickin rad loot along the way. the last game gave me black powder bombs so i'm itching to try them out. i already throw bombs like crazy, lethal bombs are gonna turn me into bomber man

just a mad monkey raining explosive death all around

i like this game

yeah that was pretty fun, seems like the silvers get pretty easy with decent randos and as you get better items, they're pretty long though at around 40 minutes each. I got a cool legendary sword that lets me swap 2 different stances which is pretty drat nice.

I think we are able to dive into the gold rounds now but we might get our asses kicked.

My only minor complaint is that some of the optional objectives are nearly impossible or kinda silly when fighting against waves.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 18, 2020

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I still can't quite figure out how to dodge those attacks from the Onis that rapid fire crows at you, even constantly dodging in a circular fashion I still get hit by that constantly.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Christ finished a gold survival mission with some randos it was nuts when the last 5 waves are like half Onis. The 2 ronin's with the heals and revives were massive, i'm kind of shocked I got that many kills compared to the others though. We were stuck defending one area at the end.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 20, 2020

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I tried both the nigtmare story and survival missions for a few hours, man they feel nearly impossible without good teammates, especially survival where someone trying to be a hero runs off to defend against crazy Onis by himself at a point.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

RaySmuckles posted:

wow...

nightmare...

geez

i'm down to try with fellow goons, I don't think it's impossible.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Somehow finished a nightmare survival and story mission with randos, I felt pretty terrible in the survival but the two ronins were super clutch with their revives at critical moments and we were able to grind away, it's nearly impossible to hold every point towards the end because the enemies have so much health to wittle away.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

slow_twitch posted:

I don't play my PS4 at all, with the exception of bloodborne but would you folks say this is worth buying? New content kinda looks like nice looty stuff..

Might be tough to top Bloodborne's challenging combat but it's really fun and one of the prettiest games for the PS4 to finish out it's run.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The random rain of arrows when you're outside the circle is a load of crap in nightmare, you could be in a finishing blow animation only to have the red circle right on you and the arrows just wreck you when the animation is done.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Story seems a little more efficient for leveling up ranks since survival rounds take considerably longer, not sure how much exp different there is between them though.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
They mostly need to get rid of those rains or arrows, they easily kill you in unfair ways that don’t really make it fun. I get that nightmare is supposed to be hard but after killing an ONi after 30 hits only to go down because of the arrowstorm in mid animation is like WTF

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I haven't played in a few days because I was going at it hard for a few days straight, i'm right at 105 gear level and itching for a little more actions, definitely interested in the seeing the Raid

I'll probably work on ranking up a Ronin and Assassin a bit.

PSN: jaybartender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I haven't been on much at all the last week but i'd be down for a raid, at level 105 samurai, just send me a message jaybartender